☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

and after drafting 3 PGs in '09, signing ridnour to a 4 year deal in the summer of 2010

I don't think that local reporter has much credibility, I forget what exactly but he's had BS like that before that had no truth to it.

I swear that dude Airmaxpenny dedicated his sports posts to bashing Rubio
laugh.gif
, Kahn's one downfall is not drafting Stephen Curry.

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by MrONegative

stack talent at the same positions and pray it figures itself out? 3 pgs, 1 draft ... trading Big Al, cuz you don't know what to do with him and Love...

Rubio gives up and comes over, suddenly Kahn is Auerbach?

1. The T'Wolves only took two point guards. They took Lawson FOR the Nuggets on a trade that couldn't be made official until after the draft.
2. Trading Big Al because he didn't know what to do with the two? Well, he had to trade one away, they play the same position... and he made the correct decision on which one to trade away. What are you criticizing him on exactly?
3. Rubio gave up? Gave up what? When did he ever give an indication he ever wanted to be traded to a different team OR never wanted to play for the Timberwolves?

But how can you even justify drafting Johnny Flynn, kid is terrible, I gotta watch him play with the Rockets and man, Lottery pick, much less top 5 pick 
sick.gif
Without being in Kahn's head, I'd say he was intrigued enough to see if he had something. It didn't pan out, but the strategic planning of drafting two PG's that draft led to one of them panning out (so it looks like).
So many teams struggle to build their teams because they continually strike out in the draft by trying to draft a starting 5 with successive years. I love the fact that Kahn went after two PG's because he knew he wanted to solidify that position next. Coupled with the fact that the previous year he drafted Love to compete with Jefferson and Love proved to be the better option moving forward. So now, instead of having four players who all play four different positions, you have 4 players, two of each playing the same position. From there you just choose which ones are part of the teams future and let the rest go. MUCH better odds in building your core and its working.

Just got back home from the Wiz/WOlves game, Rubio was a treat to see in person.

Let me talk about the Wizards. This is just a losing franchise. It is just the little things, I know some of you might think I am over thinking things but hear me out for a second.

1. Warm Ups. I honestly feel that warm-ups can tell a story. The Wizards' warm ups consisted of McGee throwing oops off the glass to himself (missing damn near all of them) compared to Minnesota actually getting shots and finishes at the rim. The Wizards are throwing oops to each other, so sad to see Vessley falling victim to this nonsense as well, while Minnesota is taking their warmups seriously. The little things.

2. The music selection needs to be changed during the warmups. I know some might say, "This is the NBA, rap is a staple in the basketball world." I agree, but the stupid Southern Nonsense creates and breeds immaturity which is something this team doesn't need any more of. THrow on some Phil Collins or something, motivational music. Eye of the Tiger, not some damn Gucci. Again, the little things.

I just feel bad that Blatche, McGee, and Nick Young all had to be born into this situation where their "leader" was a joke. We know who that was, so it is almost as if they are poisoned. They need to get away. They need to see how real vets operate. How winners operate. I feel for Flip Saunders. It must be a headache.

This team is a joke man. They got booed off the floor too.

Despite the team's flaws and question marks, this T'Wolves team just "works" in a competitive sense which we haven't said about the T'Wolves for a long time.

Edit:

Eric Maynor has a torn right ACL, done for the season.

Yeah, but hindsight is what it is. Not everybody gets it right in the draft, but at least Kahn had backup options instead of riding or dying with Flynn. That would've been a disaster.

Can't wait to see the stats Rubio puts up as a starter. That starting lineup just comes out flat almost every game. As soon as Ricky's in, it's a brand new team. He's the Energizer Bunny.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Without being in Kahn's head, I'd say he was intrigued enough to see if he had something. It didn't pan out, but the strategic planning of drafting two PG's that draft led to one of them panning out (so it looks like).
So many teams struggle to build their teams because they continually strike out in the draft by trying to draft a starting 5 with successive years. I love the fact that Kahn went after two PG's because he knew he wanted to solidify that position for the future before anything else. Coupled with the fact that the previous year he drafted Love to compete with Jefferson and Love proved to be the better option moving forward. So now, instead of having four players who all play four different positions, you have 4 players, two of each playing the same position. From there you just choose which ones are part of the teams future and let the rest go. MUCH better odds in building your core and its working.

but dude was just as willing to move love before he had his breakout season last year.. all because of a coach who really had no clue what he was doing

khan has made some good moves.. taking a flyer on beasley, good move (low risk, potentially high reward).. but some of them don't make much sense

you only have sooo many chances of picking THAT highly, so you need to get impact players.. solidifying the rest of the team is meant for the middle to later rounds of the draft

so saying "hey, i'll take 2 PGs with the 5th and 6th spots and hope 1 pans out" makes no sense.. if they wanted to do that, they should have just ransomed off the pick to the knicks who LOVED curry.. then they would have had the 5th and 8th picks and whatever they got from the knicks

stack talent at the same positions and pray it figures itself out? 3 pgs, 1 draft ... trading Big Al, cuz you don't know what to do with him and Love...

1. The T'Wolves only took two point guards. They took Lawson FOR the Nuggets on a trade that couldn't be made official until after the draft.
2. Trading Big Al because he didn't know what to do with the two? Well, he had to trade one away, they play the same position... and he made the correct decision on which one to trade away. What are you criticizing him on exactly?
3. Rubio gave up? Gave up what? When did he ever give an indication he ever wanted to be traded to a different team OR never wanted to play for the Timberwolves?

They couldn't move Big Al to the 5, but Utah could?And Rubio gave up and came. He started falling off in the Spanish League, then he and his people were worried that the new CBA would change buyout rules making it harder for him to come over, or take away some of his rookie scale money. Don't get it twisted, he tried to force his way out of Minnesota from the day they drafted him after he more or less told them not to. It's only that Kahn was so stubborn and all-in, he refused to trade dude's rights.I mean the line between genius and crazy is thin, but don't go giving dude credit for too much.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Just got back home from the Wiz/WOlves game, Rubio was a treat to see in person.

Let me talk about the Wizards. This is just a losing franchise. It is just the little things, I know some of you might think I am over thinking things but hear me out for a second.

1. Warm Ups. I honestly feel that warm-ups can tell a story. The Wizards' warm ups consisted of McGee throwing oops off the glass to himself (missing damn near all of them) compared to Minnesota actually getting shots and finishes at the rim. The Wizards are throwing oops to each other, so sad to see Vessley falling victim to this nonsense as well, while Minnesota is taking their warmups seriously. The little things.

2. The music selection needs to be changed during the warmups. I know some might say, "This is the NBA, rap is a staple in the basketball world." I agree, but the stupid Southern Nonsense creates and breeds immaturity which is something this team doesn't need any more of. THrow on some Phil Collins or something, motivational music. Eye of the Tiger, not some damn Gucci. Again, the little things.

I just feel bad that Blatche, McGee, and Nick Young all had to be born into this situation where their "leader" was a joke. We know who that was, so it is almost as if they are poisoned. They need to get away. They need to see how real vets operate. How winners operate. I feel for Flip Saunders. It must be a headache.

This team is a joke man. They got booed off the floor too.
the Wizards are just an embarrassment to team basketball. Ricky Rubio took that game over with his passing and scoring, I wish we had players who cared less about their individual numbers and functioned as a unit
Andray Blatche's two bricked jumpers and then the failed dunk attempt over Darko in the same possession in the 3rd quarter just summed up everything I feel about this team this season. They're a joke, I was in denial thinking they had the mental makeup to actually be competitive this season

They'll be lucky to win 10 games this season
30t6p3b.gif

They couldn't move Big Al to the 5, but Utah could?And Rubio gave up and came. He started falling off in the Spanish League, then he and his people were worried that the new CBA would change buyout rules making it harder for him to come over, or take away some of his rookie scale money. Don't get it twisted, he tried to force his way out of Minnesota from the day they drafted him after he more or less told them not to. It's only that Kahn was so stubborn and all-in, he refused to trade dude's rights.I mean the line between genius and crazy is thin, but don't go giving dude credit for too much.
The T'Wolves did put Jefferson at the 5 with Love at the 4 and it didn't work defensively. Utah has/had run into the same situation now between Jefferson and Millsap.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Eric Maynor has a torn right ACL, done for the season.
that hurts.. when westbrook goes into hero mode there is no steady backup right there

jackson is going need to step up quick

Don't get it twisted, he tried to force his way out of Minnesota from the day they drafted him after he more or less told them not to. It's only that Kahn was so stubborn and all-in, he refused to trade dude's rights.I mean the line between genius and crazy is thin, but don't go giving dude credit for too much.

This.

Who cares anyway, he's here now, he's playing far better than anyone really expected him to play out of the gate, and everyone else in the league is jealous we have him. On the stupid Kahn-Rubio thing that people can't give up: Many reporters also said that Kahn's firm but respectful approach over that two year span is what won Rubio and his camp over, that he was a HUGE reason he did come to us.

Great were back on the Rubio-Flynn/Kahn argument
eyes.gif
move on

roll.gif
@DC

[h3]SPORTS[/h3][h2]NBA: Kevin Love Thinks He’s the Best Power Forward in the League Over Blake Griffin[/h2]
01.08.12 | No Comments

IFWT-Kevin-Love.jpg

1500 ESPN sat down with Kevin Love and asked a variety of questions, from who’s the best power forward in the league to whether or not he’ll sign a max contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves.  Check what he had to say after the jump.

@Shay_Marie x @gametimegirl

Who’s the best ’4′ in the league: you or Blake Griffin?

I believe I’m the best ’4′ in the league. I think you have to believe that you’re the best. I think Mohammad Ali even said, ‘I was the greatest before I knew I was.’ I think everybody needs to have that mindset. That’s part of winning the mind game from the very start. You have to believe it. You have to hold yourself accountable.

When you wake up on the morning of Jan. 26, will you have a long-term contract in hand?

I don’t know. I don’t know the answer to that at this point. It’s all in my agent’s hands (Jeff Schwartz). People can speculate and say what they want, but I will just go out there, play basketball, and help this team win.

If they present you with the maximum, do you sign it?

It’s all in my agent’s hands. I just don’t know what I am going to do. I’m happy to be a Timberwolf at this point and happy we’re winning games.

Have they surrounded you with enough pieces, or do you want a 2-guard, or some other piece?

I think we’re still building. We are right there. We have a group of guys that is turning a corner. With the additions of Ricky, Derrick, and Malcolm, and the guys last year, Mike, A.R., and having Pek and Darko, just going right down the line, they are really helping this team. I could mention the whole team. We have a really good group of guys that is ready to grow together and take that next step.

Read the rest of the interview HERE

Dwight Howard just throws alleyoops to himself all warmups and shoots left handed free throws even though he has enough trouble hitting them with his strong hand. Even JJ Reddick gets in on the act trying to throw himself oops off the glass.

But I agree, that Washington franchise is in trouble for a long term.

Old video I shot from one of those goofy characters who has season seats behind mine and always wears weird costumes and when there is a foul and the opposition is shooting our end, you hear his fat +## come stumbling down the stairs to try to distract the shooters

http://videobam.com/SdIvw

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Wolves fans, how has D-Will looked?  I've only checked the box scores here and there.

Eh. He's clearly struggling to adjust to the NBA. He's finding out real quick that the same tricks that worked at Arizona (being bigger and more athletic than everybody) won't work in the NBA. He gets outplayed down low almost every game so he just chills around the 3 pt arc.
Outside of some alley-oops from Rubio and some slick shooting here and there he's been nothing special. Not a final judgement on my part because I think he'll be fine, but you can just see he has a lot of learning to do.

Winless Wizards not listening to Saunders

There's no question which team is the worst in the NBA. That would be the Wizards, in case you didn't know -- and hopefully you don't, because that would imply that you haven't seen them.

To see them is to understand that the 2008-09 Nets' NBA-record 0-18 in start just might be in jeopardy.

In a performance labeled "sickening" and "embarrassing" by Andray Blatche, whose own performance also could've been thusly described, the Wizards fell to 0-8 Sunday with a 93-72 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Afterward, Blatche (10 points in 31 minutes on 5-for-16 shooting) attempted to get coach Flip Saunders' back, but ended up making his coach look bad in the process. It's been that kind of start to the season for the Wizards, who can't even fall on their swords properly.

"Flip is definitely doing his job," Blatche said. "I just don't feel like guys are listening and following behind what he says and what he wants us to do."

Never a good sign, eight games into the season.

"Guys want to try to do it their own way, and it's not working," Blatche said. "The record shows that. I feel like everybody should go home and focus and think and take consideration for what Flip is saying, because it can't hurt. It damn sure ain't helping us our way."

The Wizards scored 17 points in each of the first two quarters and were mesmerized by Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio. When Rubio entered the game with 1:30 left in the first quarter, he orchestrated a 17-2 run and controlled everything that was happening on the floor during his 31 minutes off the bench with 13 points, 14 assists and six rebounds.

"It's on us as players, because we're the ones being put out there at the end of the day, embarrassing ourselves," Blatche said.

Somehow it made matters worse for the Wizards that Rubio was doing this to them after they'd traded the No. 5 pick in the 2009 draft to Minnesota for Randy Foye and Mike Miller, who were gone after one season. The Wolves drafted Rubio with the fifth pick, and unlike the Wizards at the time, had the luxury of waiting two years for Rubio to show up.

If only the Wizards had known that they had that luxury, too. If they'd kept the pick, Saunders said, "Who knows who it would've been? And if it was Rubio, then John Wall might not be here."

Wall, no doubt, already is wishing he weren't.

"I didn't expect it to be this tough," said Wall who was 3-for-10 with 10 points and six assists. "It's just not good right now. ... You've got to have some type of urgency out there on the court to want to play. You've got to have some type of self-esteem or some type of pride that you don't want to keep being 0-8. It's a pride game now."

Saunders said he was going home Sunday night to ask himself: "What can I do as a coach to get us better? Right now, I haven’t done a good enough job. That’s evident. We’re not totally getting through to some guys and some guys continue to play the way they want to play and not the way we need to play as far as a team."

After his postgame interviews were over, Blatche sauntered out of the Wizards' locker room and turned toward the arena exits. Someone chased him down to shake hands and ask, "How you doing?" "Not good," Blatche said.

And it's hard to figure out how that is going to change.
Link

laugh.gif
at Blatche attempting to back up Saunders but making him and the team look bad.

It's really hard to win games with players that don't know how to play with others or at all.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Don't get it twisted, he tried to force his way out of Minnesota from the day they drafted him after he more or less told them not to. It's only that Kahn was so stubborn and all-in, he refused to trade dude's rights.I mean the line between genius and crazy is thin, but don't go giving dude credit for too much.
This.
"Don't get it twisted, he tried to force his way out of Minnesota from the day they drafted him after he more or less told them not to."

When did Rubio tell the Timberwolves not to draft him?
Where anywhere does it say Rubio tried to force his way out of Minnesota?

Links to both.

On the stupid Kahn-Rubio thing that people can't give up: Many reporters also said that Kahn's firm but respectful approach over that two year span is what won Rubio and his camp over, that he was a HUGE reason he did come to us.
"My man..."

THIS!

Back
Top Bottom