☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

laugh.gif
@ *** acting like this is 2009-10 season.
grin.gif
Watch your mouth.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by JCity

IMO, the teams I'd be worried about matching up, first I worry about the Lakers, then OKC, then Dallas/LAC/Denver type teams.
matching up against the lakers? really? who aside from kobe on that roster presents a problem? 
let me rephrase that, who aside from kobe presents a problem, night in & night out thus far? cause we've seen kobe go off for as much as 42 and still end up with a loss.  

OKC is definitely a problem in the west lots of young talent that loves to get up and down the court, your mavs still look like a force in the west which i thought they may be on a down after the loss of chandler but they've proven me wrong & my clips looks good so far and definitely should cause some matchup problems as well. 
Having to face two talented seven footers is still a headache in my eyes.

I can't speak for other teams, but if there's one match-up I dread more than the rest for my team? It's the Lakers.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still think Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA.

Add to the fact that they have two seven footers who with their head screwed on are more than capable of being dominant, that's scary.

People forget that Pau was HUGE for them winning both their rings. He's been a disappointment recently, but still I think that they're really a good team to put your money on.

A lot of what they're going through right now I think is mental. They lost their coach, and they lost one of their glue guys in Odom because the team wanted to shake things up.
if they can somehow get dwight howard without giving up gasol i think they can somewhat be a threat.
if this team stands as is i can see them getting eliminated in the first round.

giving odom away free and hiring mike brown was the worst things they could have done.

all for cost cutting measures smh

Denver is coached by George Karl. If history is any indication, they'll struggle to get out of the first round. His teams are built for the regular season. He's the worst playoff coach ever.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Denver is coached by George Karl. If history is any indication, they'll struggle to get out of the first round. His teams are built for the regular season. He's the worst playoff coach ever.
I've never been that high on dude, but he did make it to the Finals with the Sonics back in 96 right? It was 96 wasn't it?

He's never had that elite team around him, and this team is by no mean elite either though.

Looked it up, he's made the Conference Finals four times, but has also been eliminated in the first round 12 times.
nerd.gif

IMO, the teams I'd be worried about matching up, first I worry about the Lakers, then OKC, then Dallas/LAC/Denver type teams.
matching up against the lakers? really? who aside from kobe on that roster presents a problem? 
let me rephrase that, who aside from kobe presents a problem, night in & night out thus far? cause we've seen kobe go off for as much as 42 and still end up with a loss.  

OKC is definitely a problem in the west lots of young talent that loves to get up and down the court, your mavs still look like a force in the west which i thought they may be on a down after the loss of chandler but they've proven me wrong & my clips looks good so far and definitely should cause some matchup problems as well. 

I can't speak for other teams, but if there's one match-up I dread more than the rest for my team? It's the Lakers.

I know I'm in the minority, but I still think Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA.

Add to the fact that they have two seven footers who with their head screwed on are more than capable of being dominant, that's scary.

People forget that Pau was HUGE for them winning both their rings. He's been a disappointment recently, but still I think that they're really a good team to put your money on.

A lot of what they're going through right now I think is mental. They lost their coach, and they lost one of their glue guys in Odom because the team wanted to shake things up.
Gasol isn't the same player when Bynum is on the court though.

They're dead last in bench scoring and 29th in 3 point shooting too.

So they have no depth, & teams can double the bigs with impunity since they have no shooters.

I'm not nearly as sold on the Lakers as you are.

I always thought the Mozgov dunk was overrated. I hate when dudes just throw it in. I would've preferred a clean jam, or at least what we saw tonight. Tonight he just took a ton of contact and kept going. Absurd.

Lakers don't scare me at all...Lets see how Kobe is doing in June after playing 40 minutes a night through this condensed season.  Yea, they have size but also an awful bench and no athleticism anywhere.  I mean, Kobe is prolly the most athletic guy on the team still which says something.  
I foresee Kobe blasting Paussy Cat come playoff time, Mike Brown looking speechless and afraid followed by Kobe snuffing Pau during the Summer Olympics
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Out of all the old guard in the West, I think the Spurs are the best.  Long off-season, best coaching still, Ginobili getting rest, perfect mix of young legs and old legs now, RJ playing better, solid depth.  Think after seeing the Mavs win and losing how they did that group is too good not to make one final push before they croak.  I mean they finished with the best record in the West last year right? They just got a matchup that was literally the worst possible for them.

Regardless though, West playoffs will be about matchups.

On a different note, why do people always make it seem like the T-Wolves need to get rid of Beasley? I realize he is crazy but they will not get good value in return and they have good character guys around him.  I realize he is consistent but why can't he be that 3rd wheel to the Rubio/Love pairing that every talks about Minny needing? Does anyone really think Derrick Williams is going to be better than him?

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I've never been that high on dude, but he did make it to the Finals with the Sonics back in 96 right? It was 96 wasn't it?

He's never had that elite team around him, and this team is by no mean elite either though.

Looked it up, he's made the Conference Finals four times, but has also been eliminated in the first round 12 times.
nerd.gif
I'm a Sonics fan (breaking news, I know). I'm familiar with George Karl. They had a lucky run in '93 to Game 7 of the WCF with a mix of young talent and great vets (GP, Kemp, Eddie Johnson, Ricky Pierce) where the refs handed the series to the Suns. In '94, the worst choke job in the history of sports. 1995, same story, first round exit to the Lakers, when they should have wiped the floor, especially after Game 1. 1996, they barely eked into the Finals in a close Game 7 against Utah, thanks to Karl Malone's choke job. 1997, barely made it out of the first round, knocked out by the Rockets in the semis. 1998, as a 61-win team, went the distance against the T-Wolves in the first round, then got blown out in the second round by the Lakers. The Sonics were so underprepared for so many series back then. Always going to the max number of games, and barely getting by if they actually won. It doesn't make sense because those Sonics teams were great, defensively. They just didn't increase the intensity for the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I genuinely love the guy. He was great for the Sonics, and still talks about Seattle (he even rocks his Space Needle tie from time to time). That team rocked the house like no other sports team ever has around here. I am forever grateful for growing up with those teams. But from a basketball standpoint, being older and knowing the game much better, those teams were destined for failure. His track record since then only proves it.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Gasol isn't the same player when Bynum is on the court though.

They're dead last in bench scoring and 29th in 3 point shooting too.

So they have no depth, & teams can double the bigs with impunity since they have no shooters.

I'm not nearly as sold on the Lakers as you are.
this.
The lakers don't intimidate me at all, if they can acquire dwight some how then I may look at them like 
eek.gif

but until then 
eyes.gif

I'll take OKC out West. Especially since they're probably going to have home-court.

I don't like that they lack scoring options, but unless Dwight lands somewhere out West..I'll go with them.

JapanAir21:

Rosanne-Barr-Snickers-Commercial.png

Eat a Snickers.

You're not you when you're hungry.

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
Out of all the old guard in the West, I think the Spurs are the best.  Long off-season, best coaching still, Ginobili getting rest, perfect mix of young legs and old legs now, RJ playing better, solid depth.  Think after seeing the Mavs win and losing how they did that group is too good not to make one final push before they croak.  I mean they finished with the best record in the West last year right? They just got a matchup that was literally the worst possible for them.

Regardless though, West playoffs will be about matchups.

You sound ridiculous right here.  The Spurs haven't done @#$% since 2007 and you think they can do something? 
roll.gif

Last year wasn't enough proof?  The year before, not enough proof?  You think the extra 2 years is going to help Duncan, who yes, is ABSOLUTELY in Shaq Boston/Cleveland territory.  They saved him all season long 2 years ago, did nothing in the playoffs.  Saved him all year last year, did nothing in the playoffs, save him all year this year, you expect him to come back? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm going to pretend you didn't mention Richard Jefferthon like it was a good thing. 

They can't keep up with the Thunder, nor the Clipps, nor the Nuggets.  The Clipps have holes, I don't doubt that one bit, but they have Paul, and in a series, he will show what a pain they can be by controlling every single possession and making sure they make the right play.  And when nothing is open, he'll do it himself.  The Spurs won't be able to stop or match that.  Even with Taigo's top 40 self. 

laugh.gif
  You guys need to get with it already, the Spurs have been dead for years and you still treat them like it's 2005 or something. 

Agreed with what Allen said, Thunder are the top team out West this year, they have a closer, young legs, defense, and a nice homecourt.  They will be a tough out.  Don't mean they are automatic locks for the finals, but they will be the 1 seed I assume unless Durant goes down in a heap.  And the mighty Spurs would stand ZERO chance beating the Thunder.  NONE.  Dunc vs Ibaka and what's left of Perk? 
laugh.gif
  Manu vs Harden is a wash, Russ and Parker don't do nothin, so we have Luke Walton's "friend" vs Durant.  Oh. 

But yeah AMP, Spurs. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
AMP knows what's up

Damn CP I know you hate us but it's not that serious
laugh.gif

It seems like you get offended whenever the spurs get brought up

^
I don't hate the Spurs at all, just some of their fans. 
laugh.gif

You haven't been around enough to know about dudes that been trollin LA threads for the past 3-4 years talkin about the Spurs who haven't won anything since 07.  And by anything, I don't just mean titles, I mean, anything. 
laugh.gif

Last 3 years, 1 series win, a total of like 5-6 playoff wins. 

But hey, I'm hating.  Amp is the one that's right. 
laugh.gif

I can't wait til playoff time. A lot of people are going to end up looking really stupid because their teams will get embarrassed.

Let's just hope I'm not one of them...
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom