☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Stop acting as if the Lakers are absolutely dead. I agree they need to make a few changes to their roster, but stop acting like the West isn't wide open either.

All the talk about the Lakers being "awful" they are still 1.5 games behind in the division, and only 4.5 out of 1st seed. If that's them playing awful, then you would hate to see them if they have their big 3 working, and 1-2 guys coming up big when it count.. Currently in the West any team seed 2-8 can have a bad week stretch and find themselves as the 10-12th seed.

I had to go back to look at Duncan vs Shaq..
Shaq was still 18 and 8 -- 18 years in. with 3 years of college and on a 7'1 300+ frame. 
30t6p3b.gif
. Was said we'll never see another Kobe..We're never seeing him again, either. 

Lakers perimeter athleticism/speed/shooting after Kobe is too atrocious to take them seriously right now. 

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I had to go back to look at Duncan vs Shaq..
Shaq was still 18 and 8 -- 18 years in. with 3 years of college and on a 7'1 300+ frame. 
30t6p3b.gif

Thank you.  Shaq beats those numbers after 18 years.

And Dunc is doin like 13 and 7 the last few years, and people STILL want to pretend he's the same, and "saving it" for the postseason. 

Like when he went out in round 1 last year.
Or swept round 2 the year before.
Or out in round 1 the year before that.....

But yeah, he's still good.  And the Spurs will contend.  
laugh.gif

But when I say it, it's not true, cuz I'm a Laker fan. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

laugh.gif
@ *** acting like this is 2009-10 season.
Watch it bro or else my +@+*+$ **$ will have to put a beat down on you....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
ethnic slurs 

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

what's the latest with batum?
Getting an MRI for sure, haven't heard any results yet.  But knowing this towns history, they have to be sweating bullets. 

What's the latest on Batum's mom and sister trying to come visit America
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

^
I don't hate the Spurs at all, just some of their fans. 
laugh.gif

You haven't been around enough to know about dudes that been trollin LA threads for the past 3-4 years talkin about the Spurs who haven't won anything since 07.  And by anything, I don't just mean titles, I mean, anything. 
laugh.gif

Last 3 years, 1 series win, a total of like 5-6 playoff wins. 

But hey, I'm hating.  Amp is the one that's right. 
laugh.gif

I been around for a while just never wanted to put my two cents in. I was just giving you a hard time bc I know you can take it unlike some other "fans". I know about the back and forth with you and some other spurs fans as well
laugh.gif
. It's all friendly talk. I'm one of the most unbiased sports fans, so I will tell you the truth about my team. If I'm being a homer I will def let it be known
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

what's the latest with batum?
Getting an MRI for sure, haven't heard any results yet.  But knowing this towns history, they have to be sweating bullets. 

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3416/nicolas-batum

Cause Duncan's game has always been about the statistics
laugh.gif

I was with you last year when I said they were frauds but I see it differently this year.  I don't think they'll win the West, its OKC's to lose imo but I said they were my dark horse candidate.  Manu was playing as well as anybody before he got hurt.  Parker is playing at a very high level.  Jefferson has been better this year despite your laughter.  Blair has improved.  They have a nice bench with Tiago, Neal, Kawhi etc.  And the best coach in the game.  And once again they had a horrible matchup last year but despitet hat they did have the best record in the conference.  

I'm pretty sure at the start of the year CP if I had said the Mavs would win it all you would laugh so to write it off is stupid.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Cause Duncan's game has always been about the statistics
laugh.gif

I was with you last year when I said they were frauds but I see it differently this year.  I don't think they'll win the West, its OKC's to lose imo but I said they were my dark horse candidate.  Manu was playing as well as anybody before he got hurt.  Parker is playing at a very high level.  Jefferson has been better this year despite your laughter.  Blair has improved.  They have a nice bench with Tiago, Neal, Kawhi etc.  And the best coach in the game.  And once again they had a horrible matchup last year but despitet hat they did have the best record in the conference.  

I'm pretty sure at the start of the year CP if I had said the Mavs would win it all you would laugh so to write it off is stupid.
Very true about the Mavs, but they had a PRIME guy who got hot and went off.  Who the @#$% gon do that for the Spurs? 
laugh.gif
  If you say Manu I'm going to lose it. 

And yeah, Manu was awesome.........for 5 games dude.  FIVE games. 
laugh.gif
  God damn, could he at least play some back to backs before you hype the guy?  Who didn't know an injury was comin to that kid?  

They have a nice bench with Tiago, Neal, Kawhi etc
In the playoffs?  You like this, in the postseason?  You a braaaaaaave guy, man. 

They have the same team as last year, only adding Kawhi and subtracting G Hill.  A wash.  Parker couldn't beat Conley last year, if he matches up with Russ, CP3, or Lawson, he's done for again.  Duncan merely gets another year older, and RJ is still RJ.  Blair and the bench being a little better won't change anything.  If they get a real nice matchup, yeah, they may win a round, but it's way too early to tell now.  I'm guessing, they don't get that lucky, and take a big fat fall.  And it will be awesome. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

And yeah, Manu was awesome.........for 5 games dude.  FIVE games. 
laugh.gif
  God damn, could he at least play some back to backs before you hype the guy?
That's pretty short-sighted.

I'm not a Manu guy. 

And was it not inevitable that he would get hurt?  Would that part be short sighted of me, cuz pretty sure a blind squirrel could have called that one, no? 
laugh.gif

Really, after 5 games, anyone think Manu was doin work for 61 more, followed by 15-20 playoff games, healthy?  I'm crazy for this? 

They have the same team as last year, only adding Kawhi and subtracting G Hill. A wash. Parker couldn't beat Conley last year, if he matches up with Russ, CP3, or Lawson, he's done for again. Duncan merely gets another year older, and RJ is still RJ. Blair and the bench being a little better won't change anything. If they get a real nice matchup, yeah, they may win a round, but it's way too early to tell now. I'm guessing, they don't get that lucky, and take a big fat fall. And it will be awesome. smiley: laugh

I disagree here, and your point about Manu.

Leonard for George Hill is not a wash, because he brings something that can't be found else where on that team, while George Hill won't be missed because of Gary Neal, Green, and Anderson.

And Manu healthy is a very dangerous player. He was incredible last year in the regular season, then he got hurt. When they have Manu and TP, there's a lot more to worry about. Those cats can really open things up for their outside shooting, which has been absurd this year WITHOUT Manu.

I don't disagree that Manu's a risky bet because he's not always healthy, but I'm not going to count them out because he might not be 100%. He's one of the most frustrating match-ups when he's good to go.

I don't think they can take down teams like Miami or OKC, but a lot of other teams I think would have a real hard time beating them, because outside of Duncan, they have a lot of really versatile, athletic back-court players and forwards who are competent.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

So, what will they do if they have to face a Zbo/Gasol frontline again in the playoffs?
Dude, you realize they have TIAGO right?

They have SPLITTER.

The grizzlies don't have him, but the SPURS do.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Not the health aspect of it, but I guess I get the impression that you don't think Manu is really good.

I don't think Manu is good at all.  Slithery, yes, tough to guard, sure, but good, no.  Like said, I am not a Manu guy.  I actually like Parker better than Manu, serious. 

Take away his flop, not much left. 

while George Hill won't be missed because of Gary Neal, Green, and Anderson.
Son....

Yet again, like every year, they can do just fine when no teams have time to prepare or scout them, they can run around and shoot and do all that, yeah, but when it matters, and the games slow down, and every possession counts, and you CAN scout them, and can study them, and can prepare for them, just like in 2011, just like in 2010, just like in 2009, just like in 2008.....you can and will beat them down.  They were old in 2008, adding Blair, Tiago, Kawhi doesn't change that, as long as their main cogs are the oldest guys to depend on. 

It would be one thing if Kawhi and Tiago were the main guys and starting, and Dunc, Manu, RJ etc were on the bench giving you 15 minutes or whatever. 

They aren't going to do anything in the playoffs.  Same thing I said the last 4 years.  I still remember them barely getting by N.O., then getting killed by LA, getting punked by Dallas, they did revenge Dallas after that, and Goran Dragic shredded them in a sweep, and they were 2 miracle shots by Manu and Neal away from being out in 5 games last year.  Last 6 playoff series they have played, they been taken to the mat, even the ones they won. 

Once you can prepare for them, they go down nice and easy.  And that's with the supposed best coach left in the game. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You all realize that the little guy is going to go nuts when he sees this right?  He's going to troll threads hard as @#$% to wash himself of these remarks. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

So, what will they do if they have to face a Zbo/Gasol frontline again in the playoffs?

They have SPLITTER.

laugh.gif
 top 40 center

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

They have SPLITTER.

laugh.gif
 top 40 55 center

I don't think Manu is good at all. Slithery, yes, tough to guard, sure, but good, no. Like said, I am not a Manu guy. I actually like Parker better than Manu, serious.

EASSSSSSSSSSY.

Put someone quick and strong in front of Tony Parker, he can be pretty easily stopped. Or have a Center who isn't afraid of some ******, he's contained. He picks up his dribble or passes to the perimeter shooters. Manu is much more versatile, and as you said, slithery.

I agree if you scout them out well, they shouldn't be too hard to take down, especially down that they rely so much on their offense and not as much on defense, but still, there are match-ups that are favorable for them.

Not trying to say the Lakers would lose to them, but who on the Lakers is going to contain all those pesky guards? The Spurs would have fits trying to contain Bynum and Gasol, and Kobe for that matter, but personally, I hate having to deal with Manu/TP.

Dallas didn't punk them, the only time we've beat them in a series it was down to to the wire, and Dirk played hero to save the day. Every other series we've had our %%! handed to us. That's our bad, but still.
laugh.gif

I still think OKC, LA, and maybe Dallas are better suited than them yeah, but they're right up there with whoever else we're going to talk about coming out of the West in my eyes.

Since Jordan retired, how many different teams have made it to the Finals out of the West?

1999, 2003, 2005, 2007 San Antonio
2000-2002, 2004, 2008-2010 LA Lakers
2006, 2011 Dallas.

I'm not saying it's impossible for other teams to get in, we'll start seeing the end of that trend soon, but I just don't count out the Spurs completely. 2007 you mention as always been such a long time ago, while Dallas hadn't made it back since 2006, then they just won. Do the Spurs have a Tyson Chandler? DBD likes to think so with Tiago Splitter...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom