☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Timberwolves two games out of the #8 seed...

tumblr_lxlkantCPJ1qez4s2o1_500.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I can see POR in the 2nd round for sure this year.
First year watchin the NBA? 

Ok then. 
laugh.gif
It all depends on seeding and I think they have a very good chance as opposed to past years. if they even make the playoffs
Yup

roll.gif
that gif is awesome JPZ

Originally Posted by Proshares

CP, Manu is a HOF'er though
nerd.gif

Oh, you thought we'd re-create DoubleJ's and JA today did you? 

Naw, I'm not that foolish homie, I been around long enough. 
laugh.gif

He ain't.  The end. 

^
Then the Hall of Fame is pointless. 

An an NBA guy, he hasn't done jack @#$%

Less than 10,000 points, 15, 4 and 4 per game for a career, 3 titles, 1 6th man, no top 5 MVP finishes, 16.5, 4.5 and 4 in the playoffs, good PER in the low 20's, 2 all NBA 3rd teams, 4 solid defensive years based off those advanced numbers, and he'll be 35 in July. 

Please.  That resume is nothing. 

He gets in from flopping in other countries, yay for him.  But NBA wise, he isn't worth a damn. 

I am shocked that CP doesn't understand how the basketball HOF works
laugh.gif

Don't be shocked, I know all the international guys get in for no reason, it's thee worst HOF there is. 

Rubio is already in the hall in like 3 years I bet.  It's a joke. 

(And I don't mean to knock Rubio, love what he's doin, just saying, you play overseas, you get in for no reason, it's garbage) 

This is true... if Chris Bosh wins a ring or two with the Heat, has a gold medal in 2008 with Team USA, already over 12000 points.

International means Olympic success among other things, so as MESSED UP AS IT IS, if Ginobili gets in why shouldn't Bosh be on the bubble or in?
sick.gif

It's so messed up. There should be a NBA Hall Of Fame, and Basketball Hall of Fame.

I see what you are saying...... but I mean it is what it is. Its definitely not a pure 100% qualified cream of the crop type of HOF. You will have guys like Yao or Petrovic who had incomplete careers make it, and then guys who have had great success in international competition and overseas pro success but short or late (or non existent) careers in the NBA like Manu or Oscar Schmidt (not sure if he is in HOF, but IMO he should be). Heck I think you can ever get in for just your HS or college accomplishments
laugh.gif
which is pretty dumb. And don't even get me started with the women that make it
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I do agree that there should be a separate NBA HOF that is specific to the accomplishments, records, and stats compiled purely in the NBA, none of the top 50 greatest baloney cuz that would just lead to snubs galore.

You know, we did a MLB HOF thread on NT a while back, this summer we should do a complete NBA only HOF, and see who would make the NT cut. 
nerd.gif

Cuz you know, Luis Scola could be a hall of famer someday, clearly on MJ's level. 
laugh.gif

Hmmm that would be fun.... it would be tough to set parameters for a fresh NBA HOF.

Would empty stat guys make the cut like C-Webb, VC/TMac, Shawn Kemp, Dominique Wilkins, Reggie Miller, those kind of guys even
laugh.gif

Are we gonna let titles be a major deciding factor for guys like Robert Horry or Steve Kerr???

How strict would we be???

Are we gonna go through every single year starting from the inception of the NBA??? How would any of us even be able to debate the 50s-70s really
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom