☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by DubA169

blake is everything wrong with the NBA. more style than substance, major preferential treatment from the rigging of the dunk contest to the referees, and a flopper

roll.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Cp3 should start over Rose in the Olympics this summer.
A rose, wade (assuming he regains his form) and melo combo off the bench would be devastating.

I don't think people noticed earlier, Carlisle got so pissed earlier at the referee job that he kicked the ball into the stands, and hit a couple fans.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

85 points (on 61%), 32 assists, seven steals and three wins in the last three (at Denver, versus Oklahoma City, at Utah).
Kev, you turned in your Hornets card?
nerd.gif

Safe to say. The dudes that play on the team don't even like the team. Why should I?

I'm still a free agent, though.

Tomorrow night will be both Billups' & Andre Miller's 1000th career regular season game played. Weird that it worked out like that.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

85 points (on 61%), 32 assists, seven steals and three wins in the last three (at Denver, versus Oklahoma City, at Utah).
Kev, you turned in your Hornets card?
nerd.gif
Safe to say. The dudes that play on the team don't even like the team. Why should I?

I'm still a free agent, though.

Reigning champs..
wink.gif

Yeah right.
laugh.gif

Blazers, indeed, that's mad crazy that they're both on the same day.

Did you guys catch Kenny Smith real quick at the very, very end of Gametime tonight on NBAtv? They ended the show by showing this Lebron dunk that didn't count because it came after a whistle.

Kenny goes,"It was a nice dunk. I can't rate it, though. Not allowed to rate dunks anymore."

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Dirk was 2 of 15 tonight?
sick.gif
Yep, still slumping pretty bad.

Steve Nash become the franchise leader in assists tonight. And was 13/16...

I have no idea why he doesn't shoot more. I know he wants to get his team involved, but goddamn man, you're one of the best shooters of this generation, if not ever.

He shoots it absurdly efficient. True shooting % of .605, and effective FG % of .556.

Compared to some of the best shooters in history...

Larry Bird: TS%= .564, eFG%= .514.
John Stockton: TS%= .608, eFG%= .546.
Ray Allen: TS%= .579, eFG%= .529
Dirk Nowitzki: TS%= .582, eFG%= .511
Reggie Miller: TS%= .614, eFG%= .544
Michael Jordan: TS%= .569, eFG%= .509
Peja Stojakovic: TS%= .577, eFG%= .532
Mark Price: TS%= .586, eFG%= .530
Glen Rice: TS%= .544, eFG%= .508
Chris Mullin: TS%= .594, eFG%= .540
Dale Ellis: TS%= .567, eFG%= .536
Bernard King: TS%= .561, eFG%= .519.
Steve Kerr: TS%= .593, eFG%= .564.
Hubert Davis: TS%= .566, eFG%= .537.
Kyle Korver: TS%= .574, eFG%= .541
Anthony Morrow: TS%= .584, eFG%= .552.
Kobe Bryant: TS%= .556, eFG%= .488.
Kevin Durant: TS%= .578, eFG%= .501.

All these guys, in pretty much every facet, Nash beats. Reggie and Stockton has a slightly better TS%. Steve Kerr also has a slightly higher eFG%, but I don't weight that as much, because Nash took three times as many shots in his career as Kerr did.

I really like those two stats because it really shoes and takes into account every detail of shooting.

The thing about Nash that I love so much is his ability to still hand out dimes and shoot so efficiently. A guy like Chris Paul is a better PG than Steve Nash is, especially at this stage in Nash's career, but Nash is able to get 30/10 on 16 shots, with only three FTs. Paul get's 34/11, but on 15/24 shots. Now see, 15/24 is incredibly efficient. But Nash has the best shot selection in the NBA, I swear. Maybe Chris Paul was open on all seven of those threes, but I doubt it. That's where I absolutely love Nash's game. If he's not comfortable taking the long ball, he won't. Paul is the better scorer, without a doubt, but man it's amazing to see how fluent Nash is with the basketball.

And it's quite sad, one of the best shooters in NBA history, and he never averaged more than 13 shots per game. Jordan in comparison never took LESS than 18, and in his prime, hovered anywhere from 23 to 28 shots. Imagine if Nash got off 20 shots a game every single night.
laugh.gif

Also if there were any shooters I forgot to mention, feel free to mention them, I feel like I did a pretty unbiased look at it though, and added a few current players to see how they compare to Nash.

CLIFFNOTES: Nash is an amazing shooter, might have to consider him one of the best.

Don't you get tired of talking to yourself?

laugh.gif
 messed up. japan's team finally wins a title and he still gets treated like his team is crap 
laugh.gif

why is odom out? for sucking so much?
laugh.gif
 dirk caught the suck bug from him

I wonder what kind of money Ryan Anderson is going to get.

He'll definitely get overpaid.

Been meaning to get your two cents on his season so far.  Always thought the kid was really good and SVG should have been giving him more minutes since last season.  I think his numbers take a dip when D12 is traded.

Back
Top Bottom