☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

lol whether your a laker fan or not this should not sit well with you no matter how bad you hate the lakers or chris paul.

the nba is so #%!%!%# dumb. thats why i wish the lock out never ended. they think its players are robots and simply will do as said and not have any say in where they are going.

stern getting directly involved in this is curious. i feel like this was pandora's box and he wont like the consequences. a commissioner directly influencing teams and a players movement? if i'm the player's association i go right back on strike tonight.

Dan Gilbert is a joke. I can't believe some people actually defend this scumbag.

God Bless Dan Gilbert and his Comic Sans font
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I bet this trade will still end up happening. It'll be a PR nightmare for the league, they'll force David Stern's hand. But please tell me how the hell they would end up with Dwight Howard just by taking on Hedo. You're telling me that the trade would be Dwight Howard and Hedo for Andrew Bynum and maybe a draft pick? Because the Lakers have LITERALLY nothing else to give. The only other players they'd have on their roster are Steve Blake, Derrick Caracter, Fisher and Luke Walton. C'mon man.

Stern clearly lost his touch long ago. He needs to step back and take a good look at the current chaotic state of the multi-billion dollar business he is in charge of, and the embarrassingly clumsy way he has run it in the last few years for it to get to this point.

This will not end well. The ink on the new CBA isn't dry yet and the league is already in turmoil; three devastated teams, furious players/owners, and questions abound regarding his leadership. Not to mention the enraged phone call he's soon to receive (if he hasn't already) from the league's most powerful owner.

dan gilbert is a salty selfish bratty turd who needs to be executed.

i never cared too much for lebron and im no fan of him  but how gilbert handled lebron leaving and played a role instigating in making him public enemy number 1 in cleveland to the extent that his personal safety was at risk. (yeah cavs fans would be pissed regardless but gilberts letter made things way worse)  to now throwing a tantrum over this.

he reminds me of a typical spoiled baby who cries like a girl and causes problems when he doesn't get his way.  

so he's mad the lakers front office did something smart and traded for a good player plus saving money? other teams should take notes.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I kinda feel for the Lakers (naaah not really) cause it's a bs situation but you gotta look at it objectively. The problem is not that Stern blocked the trade, b/c in that, he's well within his rights. The problem is that the league owns the Hornets. Someone in power should've foreseen how problematic and messy this could get.
Phil did!
[h3][/h3]
[h3]Jackson Questions Where 'Final Say' On A Chris Paul Trade Would Come[/h3]
Dec 30, 2010 7:30 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh_091208.jpg

Phil Jackson says he's "not happy" about the NBA's ownership of the Hornets and is not optimistic about the possibility of the team remaining in New Orleans.

Jackson also commented on how the NBA's takeover raises questions about where the final say on a Chris Paul trade, should it happen, comes from.

Via Orange County Register

Chris Paul, Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Hornets, NBA, NBA Trade Rumor

http://basketball.realgm.com/news/wiretap/tags/18/NBA_Trade_Rumor

Phil Jackson isn't someone "in power" fam. He's a coach. The owners were the ones who should've taken steps long ago to prevent this. 
This whole situation is funny for too many reasons. 

This dude Dan
30t6p3b.gif
A travesty is having arguably the best player in the league on ur roster and only going to the Finals once and gettin Stued

Home
NFL
MLB
NBA
NHL
NCAAF
NCAAB
NASCAR
Golf
UFC
Boxing
Soccer
Action Sports
More
ThePostGame
Games
Shop
Fantasy
NBA Home
Scores & Schedule
Standings
Stats
Teams
Players
Transactions
Odds
Video
Photos
Blog
Twitter
Tickets
Sports Search

TRENDING NOW:Collective BargainingMiami HeatChris PaulBob Vander WeideFantasy NBA
Cavs owner wanted trade blocked

By Yahoo! Sports Staff
26 minutes ago
tweet
Email
Print
Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert called the New Orleans Hornets’ proposed trade of Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers a “travesty,â€

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I bet this trade will still end up happening. It'll be a PR nightmare for the league, they'll force David Stern's hand. But please tell me how the hell they would end up with Dwight Howard just by taking on Hedo. You're telling me that the trade would be Dwight Howard and Hedo for Andrew Bynum and maybe a draft pick? Because the Lakers have LITERALLY nothing else to give. The only other players they'd have on their roster are Steve Blake, Derrick Caracter, Fisher and Luke Walton. C'mon man.

they also have a large trade exception

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I think the Lakers would have given up picks and gotten the Magics bad contracts.

I said in the Laker thread that the Lakers getting Chris Paul pratically guranteed that Dwight was next. Apparently I wasn't wrong and the N.B.A wanted to snuff that out early. This was the first time I've seen any league snuff a trade and I must say it is incredibly disturbing to think of the future ramifications of this. Now I really want both of them to come via free agency as an F U to the league. The Lockout and the new deal were born out of greed and anything born out of greed will never be a success. The players are going to have a paradigm shift in how they view their employment now. There will be zero loyalty anymore after this once players realize they have no control of their destiny and careers anymore. This is a black eye to the NBA and once the backlash is felt I think the trade will still go down just to save face. All these players involved thought they were out and now the league expects them to actually go out and give 100% to teams that no longer wanted their services? Can you imagine how uncomfortable the Laker,Hornet, Rocket locker room chemistry and cohesiveness is going to be? Pau and Odom are already mentally fragile as hell and I cannot imagine how they feel now. This whole situation is unprofessional and embarrassing.

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Nets have emerged as No. 1 choice for Dwight Howard, multiple sources say. D12 is expected to ask Magic to trade him to NJ.

Back
Top Bottom