☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Sooooo did the trade get vetoed because of the possibility of Dwight joining them
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

If so then that is stupid.
Its starting to sound a lot like that. I guess the small market owners were scared that the whole reason they started the lockout was for "competitive balance." Then the day they ratify, word of a CP3 to LA trade surfaced and they freak. Something they were trying to stop is going to happen with CP3 going to LA, and that might have gotten Dwight to demand a trade to LA as well. Either way everything that has happened is #%$%!%%#.  

I hate that players can essentially pick and choose where they want to get traded..... but thats just the way the system is right now. They shoulda moved past all that stupid BRI @%%$ and focused on system issues like this, if they were really worried about competitive balance.
Personally, I was mad jelly and hated that the Lakers were getting CP3 and inevitably D12.... but when can you do?!?!? Thats just the way the NBA is structrured right now. It most definitely sucks for small market, #@+$#! teams; but thats just the culture of basketball we are in right now. And unless you have rules and regulations set in place to deter it, then Stern pull a BS stunt like this isn't gonna fly. 

So wait, I'm confused. Stern says he doesn't want players to dictate where they want to play. But hours later Howard comes out and says he wants a trade to NJ? How does this make any sense? Now the owners are cool with Dwight going to NJ? 
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Stern played this horribly. All he had to do was put it on the owners. There was no reason for him to take this on the chin, and cite some nonense like "basketball reasons"...

It's very easy to explain. State that there was a huge conflict of interest between the currently NBA OWNED Hornets. And that being because..the majority of owners were not willing to absorb 15 mil a season on behalf of the Lakers. 15 million that they would have have to pay tax on. 

Plus some owners not willing to let Houston dump bloated salaries on the NBA owned team so they can throw the max at Nene or some $***, while keeping Gasol.

So wait, I'm confused. Stern says he doesn't want players to dictate where they want to play. But hours later Howard comes out and says he wants a trade to NJ? How does this make any sense? Now the owners are cool with Dwight going to NJ? 
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Absolutely makes no sense 
laugh.gif

The state of the NBA right now is in a train-wreck. 

^ Owners have no say in when/if Dwight gets traded, owners said something to the NBA because the NBA had the power to void the trade since the Hornets are owned by the NBA.

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I really hope there is a bunch written about this with a long-term view in mind. This is an action with immense repercussions. CP, how do you feel about small markets now? The divide matters now more than ever.
Thought this was a decent column Hank: http://espn.go.com/nba/st...l-shows-nba-least-bright

Wish people would stop using the KG example. That will never happen again. Ever. Every superstar has learned the game and with even shorter contracts now, all this might get even more ridiculous in the future.

Originally Posted by Tom Hanson

if nets get howard for lopez that right there is robbery....

the magic will be horrible to watch....

If that happens, they might as well not show the OKC vs. ORL game. That will just be an abomination of a game. 
laugh.gif

roll.gif

The NBA owners thought the trade sendin' Chris to LA would be slaughter on the league or somethin'
roll.gif

Now Paul gon' be unhappy and stay in NO.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

I really hope there is a bunch written about this with a long-term view in mind. This is an action with immense repercussions. CP, how do you feel about small markets now? The divide matters now more than ever.

Sport is in trouble. Players gave up all the money in lockout, now the league dictates who can be traded and who can't. GM almost quit for getting 3 starters and a #1 pick for a guy that's leaving in 6 months. What more can a GM ask for? If I'm LA, I sign every single free agent there is. Then email Gilbert "suck it Dan" each time.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tom Hanson

if nets get howard for lopez that right there is robbery....

the magic will be horrible to watch....

I still dont get how that "trade" is even considered. I hope Salty Dan writes a letter about that

A lot of you guys are clowning on Dan Gilbert, but dude has a point if what he is saying is accurate. Acquiring the best player in the deal and saving over $40 million dollars at the expense of a team owned by the league? I guess I am in the minority here when I say that I dont blame the owners getting pissed enough to get this trade vetoed.

But at the same time, the Hornets made a pretty good trade. I dont know. I guess I am going back and forth on this trade.

Lakers should demand for Stern to resign after this fiasco. Maybe something good can come out of this. 

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

LOL at this clown Anmial Thug... CLOWN

They were getting right back into the tax Dan with Dwight....
And another layer. Most everyone said that the team was worse with Paul than they were. Hollinger projected losses in wins, everyone said this trade does NOT make them better. Best player in deal dont mean much when your worse off. Losing tax money? A you were not really going to lose the money, and B the Lakers are giving up about 50 million this year, MSG is giving up at least 30, Reinsdorph is giving 20 in revenue sharing to the collection of sorry *+* teams including your Cleveland Cavs. ( I give credit for rebuilding through the draft) Getting another 2-3 doesnt help you much at all. When are you going to see that you cannot make a profit if you dont draw, and market? What happens if a team shares 20 million and other teams end up with more profit? You dont think the guys who spear head the money arent going to be pissed?

a44rok.jpg

you'll never get a true response from me coming at me like that.

COME AT ME REAL BRO.

Honestly... Do I want one?
You have acted like a clown since Bron ;eft. I was kind of happy initally when Gilbert said what he said too, but he has taken being a troll about all things NBA too far. You honestly wanted to players to take 47% just cause. You complain about grown men wanting to live where they want and be successful while doing it. You complain about competitive balance, when it has never existed.

You are the Joker, cause your a joke. You cannot come up with something to counter my views, you couldnt do it in the CBA thread when I called Gilbert a crappy person.

News flash, all Gilbert and these small market owners have realised is that the majority of NBA superstars are vein.
The league encourages it, they promote it, and they profit off it. Maybe instead of having to sign Larry Hughes you spend more concerative, maybe you dont sign big z to a huge contract. Maybe you go after Amar'e instead of Jamison. Maybe you dont trade for Shaq and 20 million on a contract when as soon as he got out of Cleveland Ben Wallace out played him. Heck maybe you dont get fleased by Chicago, and its superior finanical expert in Jerry Reinsdorph. Maybe instead of being salty about losing a guy who doesnt have the mental makeup nor the talent to win a title by himself ( no one does)

You should hope that you draft well and that as much as I like him Tristian Thompson isnt a bust. But you wont. You will be more concerned where the Chris Paul's and the Dwight Howard's go, forgetting that not only did the teams in play make better player investments, they made better draft picks, and they knew how to structure a contract w/o just looking at how much money a guy wanted.

Dland24 all the league had to say to fix the money issue was that Okafor had to be included in the trade.
All that would have done? Imo Given him to the Magic, with virtually the same tax number, but if the Magic took the deal, they would now been in tax territory again. But instead of getting 2 teams to pay tax Stern's dumb %!@ nixes the deal and doesnt even give a direction to go.
The counter is that LA ends up with Okafor and doesnt have to even go after Dwight to have gotten better.

Back
Top Bottom