☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Just filed w/@Chris_Broussard: Sources close to talks tell ESPN there is renewed momentum to seal @CP3 trade to Clippers as soon as Tueday
This back and forth, optimism, pessimism, reminds me of the lockout talks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Just filed w/@Chris_Broussard: Sources close to talks tell ESPN there is renewed momentum to seal @CP3 trade to Clippers as soon as Tueday
laugh.gif
I'll believe it when I see it. There's no reason for them to do it when they just signed Chauncey. 

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I must say, I really like the way Dwight is handling his situation. Very honest and upfront with everything...I think.
laugh.gif
I still don't get how getting guys like Chompsy Billups or Monta Ellis (during last season) makes him happy or if he just wants to screw ORL on his way out.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

ESPNSteinLine
Marc Stein

laugh.gif
I'll believe it when I see it. There's no reason for them to do it when they just signed Chauncey. 

Agreed. This is just crazyness. What will they then do with all the PGs?

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

laugh.gif

no reason?
indifferent.gif

CP3 and Chauncey as his back up to go with Gordon, Butler, Blake, and Jordan.

ok...

Originally Posted by Zyzz

laugh.gif

no reason?
indifferent.gif

ok...
I am shocked if Billups takes a reserve role, even if it's to Paul.

I wonder if the hangup had to do with the Clippers taking back Okafor.

Apparently season tickets sold out today, which would certainly help Olshey's argument if he were to ask DTS to dip further into the pockets.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Originally Posted by rashi

Can anyone feel me in what's the deal with Billups? Why is he mad the Knicks let him go?
He never wanted to leave DEN and when he got to NYK, people were always talking getting his replacement (Paul). And then he gets cut after an injury limited him to 1 game in that series vs. BOS. So he didn't really get a chance to do anything.

Ah well, it's business. If NJ doesn't bid on him, he's probably headed to MIA, which puts him closer to a ring anyway.

What a +!%@%.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Zyzz

no reason?
indifferent.gif

ok...
I am shocked if Billups takes a reserve role, even if it's to Paul.
he has no choice

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Yeah he does, he can retire.

Yeah, but that's not how he wants to go out.... I mean I can't speak for dude, but that's just what I think... 
He should make the most of it, and who knows maybe if the Clips are outta the playoff hunt towards the deadline they deal him to a contender..

I highly doubt Mo Williams will be going anywhere. Clippers will be paying Chauncey around $2M. Great value if he's motivated.

Looks like Neil Olshey pulled off some pretty clever cap work here.

Clippers stayed under the cap because DJ's cap hold remained the same even though he signed the offer sheet. While under the cap, they win the claim on Billups. Now they can match the offer for DJ, which puts them over the cap. Going over the cap gives them the $2.5M exception to get a backup C when they trade Kaman.

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

So, the Clippers could end up with CP3 starting and Chauncey backing him up, while the Knicks start Baron Davis?

nerd.gif
laugh.gif

So, the Clippers could end up with CP3 starting and Chauncey backing him up, while the Knicks start Baron Davis?

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
Toney Douglas will be starting. Doesn't make sense to Douglas, Bibby, Davis & Shumpert (whom they like handling the ball).

Chauncey deserves better treatment than this.  The Nuggets did him dirty twice and it just keep happening.  I know the Billups family and they are class people.  I hope the Clips can get CP3 and make a deep playoff run for Chauncey.  If not, Derek Bell knows what Chauncey should do.

operationshutdown.jpg

Oh, I didn't know it was coming straight from the horse's mouth. Just heard Dwight talking to Craig Sager on NBAtv basically saying he wants out if the team isn't good enough to win a chip. Claims he doesn't have any say in who they sign or trade for and has requested to be traded.

I expect he's gonna be gone around the trade deadline. I feel Otis will let this linger as long as he can believing more time will give him the chance to find a way to make the team good enough for Dwight to stay until they don't and they're only good as the 5th seed and he trades him to the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom