♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

In reality, so many "OG" NTer's only dislike the shoe and many others (like galaxys and other limited/popular releases) because they need to feel like elitists and prove that theyre different from this "new breed" of "sneakerheads". Screw that, buy what you like, and like what you actually like.

nail on the head, right thurr.
pimp.gif

and dayum, that pic of wale in the big bangs actually makes me like them a lil' bit...

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

In reality, so many "OG" NTer's only dislike the shoe and many others (like galaxys and other limited/popular releases) because they need to feel like elitists and prove that theyre different from this "new breed" of "sneakerheads". Screw that, buy what you like, and like what you actually like.

pimp.gif

and dayum, that pic of wale in the big bangs actually makes me like them a lil' bit...

or maybe older heads really do not like them. I'm 32 and those kicks you mentioned just seem like they a geared for a younger group. I would not buy galaxy foams or Yeezy for retail because they are not me and I'm sure most cats around my age feel the same. On a side note this cat Mayor seems like a real $%$!$%@ in those vids. Not humble at at all. I think these guys get way to much credit for what they have and not who they really are.

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

pimp.gif

or maybe older heads really do not like them. I'm 32 and those kicks you mentioned just seem like they a geared for a younger group. I would not buy galaxy foams or Yeezy for retail because they are not me and I'm sure most cats around my age feel the same. On a side note this cat Mayor seems like a real $%$!$%@ in those vids. Not humble at at all. I think these guys get way to much credit for what they have and not who they really are.
I'm 31, I agree. Proto J is the biggest sheep on NT and prolly in the world. 
And speaking for myself, I am an OG NTer and I could care less that kids are buying X Y Z. To me, Yeezys are ugly. I bought them first time round solely for resell. If I can get another set of the 2s, same thing. 

Big Bangs are too bright IMO. I'm 31 so I can't go around in orange shoes. The chinas, however, I love cause of the blue. Galaxys are one of the biggest gimmicks ever perpetrated by Nike and they got people spending 3x retail of an already inflated retail price for some shoes with stars on them.

pimp.gif

respect for that, but it's the same thing he's saying about the heads who do like them. many people like them because of the look of the shoe, not because of the hype.

but there are people around here who hate on certain shoes only cuz of their hype, it's like they can't see past it at all, and assume everyone only likes them for hype.

that being said, there are plenty of people who only buy shoes cuz of hype.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

pimp.gif

I'm 31, I agree. Proto J is the biggest sheep on NT and prolly in the world. 
And speaking for myself, I am an OG NTer and I could care less that kids are buying X Y Z. To me, Yeezys are ugly. I bought them first time round solely for resell. If I can get another set of the 2s, same thing. 

Big Bangs are too bright IMO. I'm 31 so I can't go around in orange shoes. The chinas, however, I love cause of the blue. Galaxys are one of the biggest gimmicks ever perpetrated by Nike and they got people spending 3x retail of an already inflated retail price for some shoes with stars on them.

yeah, i only like yeezys cuz i'm a sheep. ok.
laugh.gif

i only buy shoes based on hype... right?

i guess that's why i don't even like lebron 9's that much, even tho cats are going wild over them around here lately (summit lakes were the first and only pair i've liked enough to cop thus far, and they are a GR)...

i guess that's why everyone around here beasts on foams, but i think they're ugly, always have, and clowned the biggest foam release of all time earlier this year (glitter shoes... really?
laugh.gif
)...

i guess that's why it took me forever to start feeling 11's, and pick up a pair of jams, even tho by many accounts they are the best jordan of all time...

i ONLY buy shoes i like (i love yeezys, i love the overall look of the shoe, mostly cuz i love straps on shoes when done right)... i pass on plenty of hyped releases cuz i don't like 'em, and wouldn't be caught dead wearing them. and yes, sometimes stuff grows on me, like 11's did, and i have no problem admitting that either.

hop up off my tip, yo...
wink.gif

I'm a fan of the Yeezy as well and what I simply cannot understand and never fails to blow my mind is how people who don't like them HATE for others to share a different opinion. Do you really have that much of a problem with what I like or someone else likes? The mentality is that if you like them, it's automatically because it's Kanye West's shoe. It's beyond ignorant to think that if someone shares a different opinion you should hate them for it, and force your opinion down their throat.
In no way am I trying to start another unnecessary, but it is in fact possible that people like the shoe for the design.

blah blah blah. The worst thing is you're in denial. GR has nothing to do with hypebeasting now a days. Morons camp out for cortez's now a days.

Lebron 9s are just an ill shoe. But, the big bangs are a colorway that would sit if it weren't for the ALL star release attached to it. Plain and simple.

You got kids calling Griffeys "the 24s" not knowing that it was Griffeys #. Sheep.

Yeezy's...sheep. Why didn't the RT4 sell well? A shoe that essentially a strapless version of the Yeezy...Cause it wasn't called the Air Yeezys.

Just be you. Quit acting like you set trends and admit you're a trend hopper.

thing is, i never said i was a trendsetter, EVAR. in fact i been admitted i have no problem following trends i like...

but i also don't follow trends i don't like, no matter how popular they are (nor do i change what i do cuz some of y'all hate on me, evar).

i didn't even buy my first supreme piece until a few months ago and it was a hat i really liked the design of. then a few select things of their's grew on me from there, but that's it.

it's like you cats around here love to fabricate what you think someone is all about, no matter what they say or do ("sheep" because they like yeezys, LOL), someone you've never met in real life...

i've dissed so many shoes, brands, and trends that were mega hyped up, so your lil' assessment of me just don't make any sense...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jordanscrub

I'm a fan of the Yeezy as well and what I simply cannot understand and never fails to blow my mind is how people who don't like them HATE for others to share a different opinion. Do you really have that much of a problem with what I like or someone else likes? The mentality is that if you like them, it's automatically because it's Kanye West's shoe. It's beyond ignorant to think that if someone shares a different opinion you should hate them for it, and force your opinion down their throat.
In no way am I trying to start another unnecessary, but it is in fact possible that people like the shoe for the design.

this. this. this.
pimp.gif

i didn't even really like kanye west that much when the first yeezys came out. i only knew his radio hits, never bought an album, never went to a concert, never looked to him for style, never really even played his music in my DJ sets ("through the wire" and "slow jams" was about it).

i just genuinely loved the moonboot look of the shoe, that's it.

since then i've come to respect the dude for his style and music. absolutely no shame in admitting that at all.

yes, a lot of people bought into the yeezys cuz of hype, sure. but not everybody.

Didn't an argument about the Yeezy's lock the old Celebrities Wearing Heat Vol. 3 thread too? Looks like history does repeat itself
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

blah blah blah. The worst thing is you're in denial. GR has nothing to do with hypebeasting now a days. Morons camp out for cortez's now a days.

Lebron 9s are just an ill shoe. But, the big bangs are a colorway that would sit if it weren't for the ALL star release attached to it. Plain and simple.

You got kids calling Griffeys "the 24s" not knowing that it was Griffeys #. Sheep.

Yeezy's...sheep. Why didn't the RT4 sell well? A shoe that essentially a strapless version of the Yeezy...Cause it wasn't called the Air Yeezys.

You're talking about the RT1 and you're 100% right about them hitting the outlets en masse. Sadly the Yeezy is the holy grail of Fusions/Hybrids and it ain't going anywhere.

Originally Posted by Nineteen92

Didn't an argument about the Yeezy's lock the old Celebrities Wearing Heat Vol. 3 thread too? Looks like history does repeat itself
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Yes and take a guess who caused it. Hint.... he LOVES yeezys

Originally Posted by vood99

You're talking about the RT1 and you're 100% right about them hitting the outlets en masse. Sadly the Yeezy is the holy grail of Fusions/Hybrids and it ain't going anywhere.
I think you're both wrong... the pr1's look more like the yeezy and i'm actually 1 that bought a pair

Originally Posted by thrilla11

^ Whoever that guy is dresses like a clown. But to each his own I guess.

not really my thang either, but he's a house music legend. and i dig the vintage MCM gear...

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by vood99

I think you're both wrong... the pr1's look more like the yeezy and i'm actually 1 that bought a pair
The real question is if these up there were the Yeezy 2's....would people like them?
As for the young folks....most of them can't even afford the Yeezy 1's or 2's anyway....or have the time to camp, unless they don't go to school. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom