♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by PTone

Originally Posted by lugzzy

raptors > bordeaux imo.

Referring to them as "Raptor's" invalidates this comment.
way too late to change da nickname b.....that ship has set sailed....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

roll.gif

I think ima pass RFX

*!#!@ look airbrushed on...
I guess it would different if you were one of the best in the game and en route to the youngest to get MVP. Dudes the man. =)
The way you rock fits though ksteezy I'm sure you'll make it work, lol.

my ears may be foolin me, but it sounded like curren$y shouted out NT @ about the 1:48 mark in that vid
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
i may be trippin to

Originally Posted by moundraised23

my ears may be foolin me, but it sounded like curren$y shouted out NT @ about the 1:48 mark in that vid
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
i may be trippin to
I heard it too

I could have sworn I heard rumors of him being NTer/lurker yearsss ago when he was on Young Money
nerd.gif

Too bad the Toronto Raptors came into existence 3 years following the release of the VIIs. Raptor VIIs is annoying nickname, along with "September Blue" (Sport Blue) VIs.

Originally Posted by BinYe

Bordeaux 7s doesn't really look good at all. raptors > bordeaux imo. but the history behind them is what makes most sneakerheads crazy. CB is a a JB tool. rockin them kicks just weeks early before RD. not hatin tho.

Haha... all i saw in this post was hate.

The iron knee. 

im just sayin that CB along with other - - - (insert your favorite rappers name here)--- are marketing tools for most clothing and sports companies, they get the *+!* people want for free.. so people would want em more and buy it eventually..  im not hatin really.. but i think its just plain wrong for some young people who didn't see jordan play and base the *+!* they want cuz they saw some celebrity wearin em sneakers..

^^..whats wrong with calling them sneakers raptors? the colorway really resembles the team uniform.. even tho the name was birthed waay later after the shoe was released.. and isn't it what makes the sneaker game so unique is what we name sneakers after.. it would be pretty boring to name em based on the info sticker on the box.. but i agree that "sept blue 6s is dumb.." smh on that nickname..

Originally Posted by AIRGOLDEN2123

Too bad the Toronto Raptors came into existence 3 years following the release of the VIIs. Raptor VIIs is annoying nickname, along with "September Blue" (Sport Blue) VIs.

"September" was never really a nickname, per se.  I'm fairly sure the misconception came into fruition due to the shortened label name on the box... "SPT" I think it was (never really understood the correlation between September and the color blue, but whatev).

MAYBE, "Playoff 7's" but "Raptors?"  Never that.

^^..whats wrong with calling them sneakers raptors? the colorway really resembles the team uniform.. even tho the name was birthed waay later after the shoe was released.. and isn't it what makes the sneaker game so unique is what we name sneakers after.. it would be pretty boring to name em based on the info sticker on the box.. but i agree that "sept blue 6s is dumb.." smh on that nickname..

not any more
yfypcwqog6qx8658sn5w65huh.gif

knowing that the raptors didn't even exist when the "Raptor's" came out is something that can separate true "Jordan heads" from others

Not sure if you all like this sort of hip hop but I am a big 9th Wonder fan. His now crew consists of some SERIOUSLY dope artists (Actual Proof & RapSody to name a couple). Check out the dopeness for yourselves. http://www.iwwmgroup.com/artists

9th's in the middle with some IX's (as are many others).

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

not any more
yfypcwqog6qx8658sn5w65huh.gif

knowing that the raptors didn't even exist when the "Raptor's" came out is something that can separate true "Jordan heads" from others

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

horrible train of thought
you do realize 90 % off your sneaker community calls them raptors right?
there raptors who care what they were when they first came out when they RETROED the RETROS were called RAPTORS
no one refers to the og's as raptors, i dont, at least not that i see
but everytime i see retros your damn sure i call them raptors
and when the bordeauxs come out again im sure someone will make hem a nick name seein that the hood couldnt pronounce bordeaux for the life of them
hell i dont even know if i spelt it right

just watched the currensy vid

when he said they never made a true blue 3 with nike air on the back and big sean just has a funny look on his face and chuckled

roll.gif

I don't remember seeing raptors on the box...its just a stupid nickname that got picked up....and shouldn't even be called Raptors now because that doesn't make sense

90% makes sense since the sneaker community now is filled with young dudes (like myself) who probably didn't watch MJ as a Bull....but i still see it being just as bad as calling Black/red jordan's "breds" outside of the internet.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

I don't remember seeing raptors on the box...its just a stupid nickname that got picked up

90% makes sense since the sneaker community now is filled with young dudes (like myself) who probably didn't watch MJ as a Bull....but i still see it being just as bad as calling Black/red jordan's "breds" outside of the internet.

got nothin to do with what the box says
it doesnt say playoff 13s on the box
it doesnt say last shot 14s on the box
it doesnt say oreo 4s on the box

they came out in 02
jersey and pinwheel era
raptors man, raptors

and im not a young dude, i watched jordan win all his championships

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I will always think jerseys are dope, I just don't wear bigger clothes anymore...not sure how a fitted jersey would look...might look into a melo one...killer combo with some royal foams...

yeah it is.. its crazy how authentic nba jerseys are $250 now
mad.gif

Originally Posted by prymone

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

horrible train of thought
you do realize 90 % off your sneaker community calls them raptors right?
there raptors who care what they were when they first came out when they RETROED the RETROS were called RAPTORS
no one refers to the og's as raptors, i dont, at least not that i see
but everytime i see retros your damn sure i call them raptors
and when the bordeauxs come out again im sure someone will make hem a nick name seein that the hood couldnt pronounce bordeaux for the life of them
hell i dont even know if i spelt it right
Well said! The topic is dead, you can call shoes whatever you want- but the retro's are called the raptor's (like it or not) by most- easiest way to describe them if you ask me. No need to be NT elitists  talkin about if you knew that the raptors werent a team when the OG's came out = true "jordanhead"(just makes us a part of the glory days of basketball and means were getting old,    lol)

I love this pic: necessary recycling!!!
smokin.gif

^yeah bro, 9th is the man. saw him and lb live 4 or 5 times back in the day. wish they were still makin good music together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom