☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

So.......would a Philly team consisting of Harden, D-Lo, and PJ Tucker be more scary than Embiid and Simmons?

Nets on the rise is...interesting. Two stars coming off surgery, one an achilles. One a potential locker room issue. New, first time head coach. But aight.

K so since we are going right into trades and forgot to rip the team a little. This was a disappointing season mann. Celtics effed up on a lot of elementary bs. This roster could have definitley made the finals.

As much as I like his shooting, I absolutely hate his measurements. He's SO tiny. Feel like the best case scenario is you pray he can be like Seth Curry. If we could package 26 and 30 to move up a little for him, I'd be cool with it.

Would rather Cole Anthony if we are going with a guard at 14 though. Bigger, stronger, better athlete with a better handle.

That kid has a pretty slow release. Can he get his shot off against bigger or quicker guys? Would definitely be a project in the 20s, but yeah, please, not at 14. I'm not even sure this kid is a better shooter than Carsen

If we can't trade up for Haliburton, give me either Cole Anthony or Tyrese Maxey at 14, and then either Jalen Smith (if he's still there) or Xavier Tillman.

Listened to Bill Simmons’ pod earlier with Jackie Mac, and Jackie said that LaMelo Ball was seen in Boston prolly for a workout ? :rofl: :nerd:

EDIT: nvm, he met up with Puma

Barring any drastic moves this offseason, I really think Brad needs to lean in completely on playing the young guys off the bench. Give all of those minutes to the Williamses, Romeo, and whoever we end up drafting next month. There will be some growing pains, and probably some sacrifice when it comes to regular season record, but those guys improving is the biggest key to the future success of this team.

We know what we are getting from the Jays (both of which will keep improving), Smart, Kemba, Hayward, and Theis.

If we were to make some moves this offseason though, some things I would like are...
- Hayward/Turner swap. I love what Hayward brings to the team when he is healthy, but unfortunately, we just haven't seen enough of it, and I don't really see why we wouldn't be getting diminishing returns from him as he ages. Turner gives us a long term fit at C that matches the timeline of the Jays. Won't be an all-star but I do think he has legitimate all-defense potential within Brad's schemes. His ability to willingly shoot the 3 at a decent clip is a perfect fit for the offense as well. Overall, I just think he's a better, much more complete player than whatever Timelord ends up becoming. Gives us 4 very legitimate starters all under the age of 27.

- Derrick Rose for Kanter/Carsen/30th pick. Could just be a one year rental, but gives us a bonafide scoring punch off the bench that we don't really have and the youngins aren't ready to be. Everybody seems to love him too, so he'd be a good locker room guy. Kanter can probably get much more playing time in Detroit, and the Pistons get another draft asset and a much better ability to try to develop Carsen than we have. He strikes me as someone that needs actual minutes as he's a streak shooter, and Brad's short leash doesn't really allow for it.

- Would also be willing to give the Kings a similar package for Nemanja Bjelica if Danny wanted more size. Big tough dude with a knockdown jumper. Pretty good passer too.

Turner is at the top of my bucket list as far as realistic trade target goes. Agreeed that he would fit in perfectly with our core. Send Hayward back home, turner/sabonis can’t play together, rebuild looming with Vic asking our, etc.

D. Rose would be so dope. A proven scorer off the bench who doesn't really need many minutes off the bench to get cooking. Turner's size would be appreciated, I just wonder how likely Indiana would be to take a runner on Hayward. If Turner really does want out, I guess they wouldn't have much of a choice.

Also heard that Danny and Grant Williams were playing golf with Pat Connaughton the other day. Probably nothing to it, but makes you wonder. He's an UFA and home town guy.

I think it was a few days ago... Sports Hub came up with the spin that Hayward potentially leaving (citing Irving and Horf as examples) makes Tatum a “flight risk” because of the culture here :rofl:

The mental gymnastics IS UNDEFEATED

Back
Top Bottom