☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

Happy Thanksgiving fellas. Very thankful for each of you in here and OUR CELTS

jmy2il916m161.jpg

Decided to put together a list of TPE targets. A lot of Magic/Kings/Spurs players as they are all teams that probably aren't going to make the playoffs and might want to blow it up to some degree. Let me know what y'all think. Personally would like to get somebody we could hold onto rather than just a rental, even if we have to pay more.

Aaron Gordon (25)- Feel like he'd be a really good fit at the 4 next to the Jays. Good defender, freak athlete. Might be able to play a little small ball 5 too. His fit with Orlando has been really weird since they've just kept drafting dudes that play his position. Under contract for 2 more seasons. He's a year younger than Marcus and a year older than Jaylen. Would probably take Romeo and a couple firsts. I'd do it.

Evan Fournier (28)- Would be the perfect scorer to bring off the bench. Good shooter that can handle the ball a bit. Only has one year on his contract though, so while it might not cost a ton to get him, he could also just bounce in the offseason which would suck.

Terrence Ross (29)- Streak shooter off the bench. Probably similar to what Nesmith might end up becoming. Has 3 years left on his deal. Wouldn't have to give up a ton to get him I wouldn't think. Lower on my list of guys I'd like.

Markelle Fultz (22)- Semi joking, but he has shown some flashes and is still really young. Could still be a productive rotational guard. Only has one year but he'd be a RFA so we could match next summer. I assume we wouldn't have to give up a ton to get him.

Buddy Hield (Turns 28 in 2 weeks)- High level 3pt shooting certainly wouldn't hurt next to the Jays. Needs his shots but he doesn't require the ball in his hands at all times. Been kinda turned off by his attitude as of late which is a bit odd. Might just be tired of losing though. Not sure if Sacramento wants to hold onto him long term or not. Romeo or Nesmith and a few firsts is probably what it would cost again. Buddy is basically the best possible outcome for Nesmith, so I think I'd do it as long as he doesn't screw up the locker room. Under contract for 3 more seasons is nice.

Harrison Barnes (28)- Think he'll be pretty attainable as it does seem like the Kings are trying to blow it up a bit given they didn't match the offer sheet for Bogdanovic. He's a solid 2 way wing that can be effective without high usage. Could either start at the 4 or come off the bench. Under contract for 3 more years with his salary declining by $2M each season. Maybe 2 first rounders for him?

Dejounte Murray (24)- Not really sure what the Spurs plan is going to be, and they have a ton of guards. Maybe he'd be available, maybe not. Kinda reminds me of a younger Marcus Smart. Really good defender with a huge wingspan relative to his height. Would be really nice off the bench instead of having to depend much on Teague and he could potentially be a starter down the line. Under contract for 4 years which is awesome. Would take multiple firsts.

Derrick White (26)- Would be a really good backup guard that could potentially take over for Kemba down the line. Only has one year left on his deal but would be a RFA so we could match. I assume this would be a multiple firsts situation.

Rudy Gay (34)/Patty Mills (32)- Both would be one year rentals. Good scorers off the bench. Would probably cost little to nothing, but this would be a worst case scenario for us, IMO.

Victor Oladipo (28)- If he really wants out, might be a chance to buy relatively low on him. He looked like a shell of himself this past season, but he'd still be an asset off the bench for us and we'd have his bird rights going into free agency next summer.

Tomas Satoransky (29)- Really solid backup guard. 2 years left on his deal. Probably wouldn't cost a ton.

Larry Nance (27)- Can play both the 4 and small ball 5 with his athleticism and improving 3pt shot. 3 years left on his contract. Would be a good rotation player for us. Could certainly do worse.

Drew Bledsoe (30)- Not much of a fan and he sucks in the playoffs, but he's very good defensively and would definitely be useful off the bench. Him and Smart in the backcourt would be pretty terrifying defensively. I assume it wouldn't cost a ton. Pelicans might not even want him around the young guys.

JJ Redick (36)- Probably just a one year rental that wouldn't cost much. Would be helpful, but meh.

Decided to put together a list of TPE targets. A lot of Magic/Kings/Spurs players as they are all teams that probably aren't going to make the playoffs and might want to blow it up to some degree. Let me know what y'all think. Personally would like to get somebody we could hold onto rather than just a rental, even if we have to pay more.

Aaron Gordon (25)- Feel like he'd be a really good fit at the 4 next to the Jays. Good defender, freak athlete. Might be able to play a little small ball 5 too. His fit with Orlando has been really weird since they've just kept drafting dudes that play his position. Under contract for 2 more seasons. He's a year younger than Marcus and a year older than Jaylen. Would probably take Romeo and a couple firsts. I'd do it.

Evan Fournier (28)- Would be the perfect scorer to bring off the bench. Good shooter that can handle the ball a bit. Only has one year on his contract though, so while it might not cost a ton to get him, he could also just bounce in the offseason which would suck.

Terrence Ross (29)- Streak shooter off the bench. Probably similar to what Nesmith might end up becoming. Has 3 years left on his deal. Wouldn't have to give up a ton to get him I wouldn't think. Lower on my list of guys I'd like.

Markelle Fultz (22)- Semi joking, but he has shown some flashes and is still really young. Could still be a productive rotational guard. Only has one year but he'd be a RFA so we could match next summer. I assume we wouldn't have to give up a ton to get him.

Buddy Hield (Turns 28 in 2 weeks)- High level 3pt shooting certainly wouldn't hurt next to the Jays. Needs his shots but he doesn't require the ball in his hands at all times. Been kinda turned off by his attitude as of late which is a bit odd. Might just be tired of losing though. Not sure if Sacramento wants to hold onto him long term or not. Romeo or Nesmith and a few firsts is probably what it would cost again. Buddy is basically the best possible outcome for Nesmith, so I think I'd do it as long as he doesn't screw up the locker room. Under contract for 3 more seasons is nice.

Harrison Barnes (28)- Think he'll be pretty attainable as it does seem like the Kings are trying to blow it up a bit given they didn't match the offer sheet for Bogdanovic. He's a solid 2 way wing that can be effective without high usage. Could either start at the 4 or come off the bench. Under contract for 3 more years with his salary declining by $2M each season. Maybe 2 first rounders for him?

Dejounte Murray (24)- Not really sure what the Spurs plan is going to be, and they have a ton of guards. Maybe he'd be available, maybe not. Kinda reminds me of a younger Marcus Smart. Really good defender with a huge wingspan relative to his height. Would be really nice off the bench instead of having to depend much on Teague and he could potentially be a starter down the line. Under contract for 4 years which is awesome. Would take multiple firsts.

Derrick White (26)- Would be a really good backup guard that could potentially take over for Kemba down the line. Only has one year left on his deal but would be a RFA so we could match. I assume this would be a multiple firsts situation.

Rudy Gay (34)/Patty Mills (32)- Both would be one year rentals. Good scorers off the bench. Would probably cost little to nothing, but this would be a worst case scenario for us, IMO.

Victor Oladipo (28)- If he really wants out, might be a chance to buy relatively low on him. He looked like a shell of himself this past season, but he'd still be an asset off the bench for us and we'd have his bird rights going into free agency next summer.

Tomas Satoransky (29)- Really solid backup guard. 2 years left on his deal. Probably wouldn't cost a ton.

Larry Nance (27)- Can play both the 4 and small ball 5 with his athleticism and improving 3pt shot. 3 years left on his contract. Would be a good rotation player for us. Could certainly do worse.

Drew Bledsoe (30)- Not much of a fan and he sucks in the playoffs, but he's very good defensively and would definitely be useful off the bench. Him and Smart in the backcourt would be pretty terrifying defensively. I assume it wouldn't cost a ton. Pelicans might not even want him around the young guys.

JJ Redick (36)- Probably just a one year rental that wouldn't cost much. Would be helpful, but meh.

two Names that really pop out is Aaron Gordon and Derrick White to a lesser extent.

Gordon fit the Jays timeline. He’s a good modern day 4 with great athleticism. Locked up for a few years as well. Would be a great pick up if we don’t have to give up any of our core 4 guys

Some encouraging stuff here. I love that he's not going to be able to get pushed around (as much) by Bam/Giannis/Embiid. This is also going to be the first time where he actually plays on a good defensive team. The LeBron Cavs teams were all really bad defensively. The spacing and ball movement should also be much more ideal for him than what he's been playing with these last 2 years. Brad probably going to have him shooting 3s more regularly too. Don't see why he can't be a double double guy with solid defense for us. He might not start right away given he has to get used to the system, but would be pretty surprised if he doesn't end up taking Theis spot sooner than later.

B Sox B Sox

Scrolling through that list:

Victor Oladipo: He's an interesting one. Could be a flight risk. Might not command as much money after this year given his injury history. But after seeing Hayward's deal who knows. Next year free agency class is pretty loaded though. Potentially willing to take a backseat to the Jays and take on more of a role. Kinda doubt it though. Wonder if Pritchard and Ainge could get something done without a 3rd team. Probably wouldn't matter if he's expiring and Indiana just wanted to dump him if the rumors are true about him wanting out. I guess I'd pass on this one. A lot of potential, but a lot of risk.

Terrence Ross
: I've actually had him on my radar the past couple years. Instant offense off the bench which we've desperately needed. Probably even a little more motivated if he was playing for a good team. Could also be flippable if Danny was looking to make a bigger splash.

Aaron Gordon: Also love the fit. Celtics would instantly become one of the more athletic teams in the whole league IMO. Would also compliment TT as their skill sets are pretty different. Could easily play together at the 4 and 5.

I still think that the Celts didn't lose much with Gordon leaving.
The Kemba/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Theis lineup was VERY good in the 10 games or so we actually got to see them play healthy. Unfortunately that's all we really got to see which is the problem. Getting through the regular season could be kinda rough without him, but the team we saw in the playoffs should be improved with the addition of Thompson.

B Sox B Sox

Scrolling through that list:

Victor Oladipo: He's an interesting one. Could be a flight risk. Might not command as much money after this year given his injury history. But after seeing Hayward's deal who knows. Next year free agency class is pretty loaded though. Potentially willing to take a backseat to the Jays and take on more of a role. Kinda doubt it though. Wonder if Pritchard and Ainge could get something done without a 3rd team. Probably wouldn't matter if he's expiring and Indiana just wanted to dump him if the rumors are true about him wanting out. I guess I'd pass on this one. A lot of potential, but a lot of risk.

Terrence Ross: I've actually had him on my radar the past couple years. Instant offense off the bench which we've desperately needed. Probably even a little more motivated if he was playing for a good team. Could also be flippable if Danny was looking to make a bigger splash.

Aaron Gordon: Also love the fit. Celtics would instantly become one of the more athletic teams in the whole league IMO. Would also compliment TT as their skill sets are pretty different. Could easily play together at the 4 and 5.
Gordon is far and away the guy I want most. One of the Spurs guards after that. I kinda like Harrison Barnes too. Veteran wing that can play some defense and doesn't need to take touches away from the Jays. Don't see anything happening until the trade deadline though. As far as what I'd be willing to give up, we have Tatum through the 2025 season at least, so I'd really have no problem letting go of any draft picks from now until then. Not particularly tied to Langford and Nesmith. Deal would have to be right though.

Gordon is far and away the guy I want most. One of the Spurs guards after that. I kinda like Harrison Barnes too. Veteran wing that can play some defense and doesn't need to take touches away from the Jays. Don't see anything happening until the trade deadline though. As far as what I'd be willing to give up, we have Tatum through the 2025 season at least, so I'd really have no problem letting go of any draft picks from now until then. Not particularly tied to Langford and Nesmith. Deal would have to be right though.

Nesmith I'm kinda high on for some reason. Mostly optimism because I think he could be a great compliment to Jays as a sniper if his 3PT shooting ends up being all it's cracked up to be. Worst case would be another RJ Hunter though :lol:

Oh and the other thing I like about Harrison Barnes is that his contract would come off the books at the same time as Kemba's in the summer of 2023 (assuming Kemba picks up his player option). We'd probably be able to add a max guy. Beal, Jokic, Embiid, Porzingis, and DLo among others will all be free agents 30 or under that summer.

Nesmith I'm kinda high on for some reason. Mostly optimism because I think he could be a great compliment to Jays as a sniper if his 3PT shooting ends up being all it's cracked up to be. Worst case would be another RJ Hunter though :lol:
If his shooting is real and he can be something like maybe Joe Harris, he'd be a perfect fit. Him and Romeo kind of complement each other off the bench nicely too given one can shoot but can't get to the hoop, and the other can get to the hoop but can't shoot :lol:

Oh and the other thing I like about Harrison Barnes is that his contract would come off the books at the same time as Kemba's in the summer of 2023 (assuming Kemba picks up his player option). We'd probably be able to add a max guy. Beal, Jokic, Embiid, Porzingis, and DLo among others will all be free agents 30 or under that summer.

128751135_838816043519669_7571733240734541800_n.jpg

Definitely like what I’ve heard about him thus far. If he could actually be like a Jalen Brunson-esque guy for us, that would be incredible. We’ll see though. Tough to completely buy into the hype.

Back
Top Bottom