☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

Piecing together what I've read on other message boards....and assuming that Hayward is open to a sign and trade at an agreeable price, we would be dealing Hayward and 14 for #6. If Hayward opts in and it's just a rental, we'd probably have to throw in more to get to #6.

The problem here is that Hayward could just leave us high and dry by opting out, and then just signing straight up with Atlanta. Lol

Last edited:
Rest in peace tommy. Man that voice. Going to be tough without it. I keep thinking about the random, cool, autumn middle school nights in 2002 watching the crappy celtics teams and hearing tommys voice

What are your expectations for free agency?
I think the Hayward/Turner swap happens. Just seems to make too much sense for both parties. Would have to be something like Hayward + 26 for Turner + Lamb.

Try to package 14 + 30 + Carsen + Future Pick to move up for Hayes or Haliburton.

Kanter opt out. Wanamaker and Semi probably both gone.

Some sort of able body with the taxpayer MLE. Maybe an Avery Bradley reunion?

I think the Hayward/Turner swap happens. Just seems to make too much sense for both parties. Would have to be something like Hayward + 26 for Turner + Lamb.

Try to package 14 + 30 + Carsen + Future Pick to move up for Hayes or Haliburton.

Kanter opt out. Wanamaker and Semi probably both gone.

Some sort of able body with the taxpayer MLE. Maybe an Avery Bradley reunion?

No shot at Jrue?

No shot at Jrue?
I don't really know what they would do for him unless you're flipping Kemba for him straight up. Not sure why NOLA would necessarily want him, and I wouldn't want to throw in the 14th pick just to get it done.

I don't really know what they would do for him unless you're flipping Kemba for him straight up. Not sure why NOLA would necessarily want him, and I wouldn't want to throw in the 14th pick just to get it done.

Yeah and I'd have an issue flipping Kemba already. I just think it's bad optics for future FA's and retaining players like JT and JB.

Come on Gordon...

tenor.gif

The Nesmith pick felt like a draft for need more than BPA, but if that jumper is real, he’ll clearly be an asset. I just worry about him doing anything else. Seems like a hard worker though.

Kinda indifferent on Pritchard with him being another small guard. He’s tough though and can shoot. If he proves to be better than Carsen/Tremont that will be cool.

Really like the Yam Madar stash. Think he might’ve been a first rounder in next year’s draft given the improvement he was showing if he didn’t enter this one. He was arguably just as impressive as Deni Avdija in some of the games when the Israeli league started back up.

Interesting that we didn’t take a swing on a big in the draft, especially when there was a bunch in the 20-40 range. Makes me think that we might bring one back either via Hayward trade or with the MLE.

Losing Hayward for absolutely nothing would suck. I just don’t know if I see that realistically happening with him postponing his opt-in deadline. Does he really want to go to Atlanta or Charlotte? I doubt it. Will be fine with whatever we get for him.

Giles, Millsap? How is this thing getting filled out?
Would be cool with one of Milsap, Baynes, Thompson. Think adding any one of them gives us a better big rotation than what we had last year.

The Hayward loss sucks as it obviously lowers our ceiling of what we could be if he was 100% healthy. However, we unfortunately never really got that come playoff time during his tenure. He was basically 10 PPG on 40% shooting in the playoffs for us. I think we should be able to make that up between the improvements of Langford and Grant Will as well as whatever we get from Nesmith.

So Tristan Kardashian it is. Not mad at all. He's proven that he can play 25-30 min a night and can bang with the best of them. A lot of the rebounding and interior scoring we liked from Kanter without sucking defensively. Definitely would've helped against Bam in the playoffs. Also, he went through a little phase towards the end of last season where he was shooting some 3s and wasn't terrible at it. I imagine Brad will have him doing a bit more than that. Between Thompson/Theis/Timelord/Grant we'll at least have solid defense at the 5 for all 48 min per night.

The young guards and wings are just going to get thrown into the fire and we'll see what happens. It's kinda what I wanted to do more of last year anyways. Romeo has shown he can defend and has the pedigree of a scorer. Should have a lot more opportunities with the ball in his hand, rather than having him just sitting in the corner. Nesmith just has to do what he's good at- catch and shoot. Hopefully someone from the Pritchard/Edwards/Waters trio can pop a little.

EDIT- Looks like we signed Jeff Teague as I was writing this. He's pretty much washed but at least is a vet that can come in and give you some steady minutes. Probably not much different than Wanamaker.

Back
Top Bottom