☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

Thoughts from last night...

- Pritchard looked really comfortable out there. Good ball handler and shooter that reads the floor well. Small, but looks like he can at least be scrappy on the defensive end. Always skeptical of the stuff that comes out during training camp, but his play actually backed up what had been said about him. Feel like I'd be comfortable giving him like 20 MPG if needed.

- Teague had a couple turnovers right off the bat but then settled in and was fantastic. He's not going to be the defender that Wanamaker was, but he's going to be significantly more of a threat offensively. Think he'll be able to give us enough while Kemba is out and will be solid off the bench once he's back.

- Nesmith was only 1-5 from 3 but he definitely looks comfortable shooting them. The one that he actually made, which was also his first shot, looked really good coming off a screen. Has a strong frame, so should be able to at least someone hold his own defensively. Think he'll be able to give us some decent minutes off the bench, sitting in the corner wide open and waiting for the ball to swing to him. Also need to remember that he hasn't played a competitive game since January when he went out with his injury.

- Here's to hoping we never have to go without both Theis and Thompson for a game against a good team ever again. Their absence basically screwed up everything for us. Timelord isn't ready for major minutes and Tacko is awful. I do think Timelord will be good in spot minutes though where he can just provide a ton of energy. He's just such a bad team defender right now still.

- The Jays and Smart all shot terribly. Especially Jaylen. Assuming this won't happen too much going forward.

Another season, and another chance at #18. Ladies and gentlemen - if you are squeamish, feel free to get off right now. We are going to get off to a bumpy start. Kemba is out, Gordon is gone, and it is going to take a bit of time for us to adjust. This will be Jaylen’s first time where he is the 2nd option, and it is going to take time to get the new guys assilimilated, as well as the young guys getting a bigger role.

Just gotta hold the fort down until Kemba comes back. We are still going to be a threat come playoff time, assuming everyone’s healthy.

Another season, and another chance at #18. Ladies and gentlemen - if you are squeamish, feel free to get off right now. We are going to get off to a bumpy start. Kemba is out, Gordon is gone, and it is going to take a bit of time for us to adjust. This will be Jaylen’s first time where he is the 2nd option, and it is going to take time to get the new guys assilimilated, as well as the young guys getting a bigger role.

Just gotta hold the fort down until Kemba comes back. We are still going to be a threat come playoff time, assuming everyone’s healthy.
Its not jbs first time as second option. They went to the east finals when kryrie was hurt. Im afraid for the bench. Bunch of nobodys. We will see

So Cs fans......yay or nay on a Harden deal? I’m caught in the middle. Sometimes I feel like we should go all-in, and other times, I’m like “Hell no!”

So Cs fans......yay or nay on a Harden deal? I’m caught in the middle. Sometimes I feel like we should go all-in, and other times, I’m like “Hell no!”

What's the deal? I'm a no if it involves either of the J's.

I thought it was funny JB added this to his story right after Harden added the C's to his list.

Screen%20Shot%202020-12-26%20at%2012.36.22%20PM.png

They mentioned the Celtics and Nets were the only ones within the past few days talking to the Rockets about Harden. Would not mind using the TPE on something else they got, like Tucker or EG if we could be that 3rd or 4th team.

I think I would do it. Would want to get Tucker back since we'd have to add Smart.

I just think it would be easier to get a comparable level player to JB a couple years down the line when Harden inevitably walks than it would be to get someone of Harden's ilk.

I don't think a core of Tatum/Brown/Kemba/Smart is winning a championship within the next 3 seasons (length of Kemba's contract). Once those 3 years are up, JB will then be in his final year, and who knows, maybe he'd want out himself.

Kemba/Harden/Tatum/Tucker/Thompson can compete with anyone, IMO. And while the bench is still going to be lackluster, Harden has shown he can successfully run with a unit like that himself. The non-Tatum minutes would no longer kill us.

Feel like they should consider something other than Tatum ISO from deep every time there's a do or die situation. Wouldn't mind seeing him take that to rack and either try to draw contact or find Jaylen in the corner or something.

Feel like they should consider something other than Tatum ISO from deep every time there's a do or die situation. Wouldn't mind seeing him take that to rack and either try to draw contact or find Jaylen in the corner or something.
Don't think that was what Brad drew up. Tatum has to do better. Not sure if he has PTSD from the Bam block or what, but he has to take it into the paint there, even if it ends in a fadeaway (which he makes quite often).

Back
Top Bottom