⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom calls my older brother negrito because he is darker than me and my other brother.
They still call me conejito cuz before braces I had buck teeth lol
Latin culture usually nicknames you for your physical appearance including hair, skin, eyes (chicharito), body type (fideo -> DiMaria) etc.
it may not be PC but i would only give Cavani a warning.
I am one of the progressives on the politics thread and even I agree that everything isnt racist.

Very well put.

GG Coupé It Coupé It had to go treat myself to a burger to get over it haha. I'm starting to buy into the
conspiracy theory that ozil is being left out because of his uyghur comments *Alex jones tin hat" doesn't make sense to not at least be an option off the bench for times like this.

Either way, wolves were clinical and overtook our midfield , xhaka and Dani were very poor. Mikel still has work to do to get us to a wolves level
Miss my guy Ozil. :frown:

My mom calls my older brother negrito because he is darker than me and my other brother.
They still call me conejito cuz before braces I had buck teeth lol
Latin culture usually nicknames you for your physical appearance including hair, skin, eyes (chicharito), body type (fideo -> DiMaria) etc.
it may not be PC but i would only give Cavani a warning.
I am one of the progressives on the politics thread and even I agree that everything isnt racist.

Is there a similar nickname for lighter skinned people (whites)? If so, is it used in the same manner as negrito? If not, why are darker skin tones viewed in the same light as having buck teeth, being skinny or fat etc. and having light (white) skin isn’t? Differentiating someone by the color of their skin is a problem. I understand there was no intended malice with the post but I think he should get the same treatment as Bernardo Silva, which was a game suspension and a fine I believe.

On the pitch, Cavani has to be a starter going forward. There is no substitute for a striker with excellent off the ball movement. Hopefully he can pass that on to Rashford and Martial because they both lack in that department.

What’s down right out of this world is there are scummy Liverpool fans on socials trying to compare what Cavani did to Luis Suarez...........come on man.

Is there a similar nickname for lighter skinned people (whites)? If so, is it used in the same manner as negrito? If not, why are darker skin tones viewed in the same light as having buck teeth, being skinny or fat etc. and having light (white) skin isn’t? Differentiating someone by the color of their skin is a problem. I understand there was no intended malice with the post but I think he should get the same treatment as Bernardo Silva, which was a game suspension and a fine I believe.

On the pitch, Cavani has to be a starter going forward. There is no substitute for a striker with excellent off the ball movement. Hopefully he can pass that on to Rashford and Martial because they both lack in that department.

Yes, there are nicknames for lighter skinned types in the same manner (güero, etc). Not a racist comment at all by Cavani, and insulting that PC-types would jump on him for it. Obviously not taking into account cultural/linguistic intricacies at all. Flaco or gordo also don't have the same negative connotations as in Anglo-speak.

Yes, there are nicknames for lighter skinned types in the same manner (güero, etc). Not a racist comment at all by Cavani, and insulting that PC-types would jump on him for it. Obviously not taking into account cultural/linguistic intricacies at all. Flaco or gordo also don't have the same negative connotations as in Anglo-speak.
i would add chele for light skinned people too. Basically calling you eye booger :lol:
We had a pale family friend they use to call Casper. :emoji_ghost:
The outsider usually gets the nickname.
If your family is pretty dark the light skinned one will get the nickname.
if you are all skinny then the fat one will get the nickname.
If your family all has green eyes then the one with dark eyes will get nickname.
If you are all straight haired then the curly one will get the nickname.
Like I tell my kids, words themselves are not bad it is the intention and tone with which you say them.
Now if someone is offended by the nickname and you become aware of it then you should stop.

Last edited:
Seem like all the clubs who were in the top 6/7 dropped points in the premier league ..... pretty much an open league after 9-10 games

Any reason why Bayern are 2 to 1 underdogs against Atleti this week 🤔 wanna lock my bet in now unless there’s something I don’t know

suspensions? Injuries? Already qualified and the game doesn’t matter but atleti need to win or something like that?

Bayern have already won the group, Atletico definitely need to win to avoid not being surpassed by Lokomotiv if they were to win against Salzburg. Atletico have 5 points to Lokomotiv's 3.

They didn’t play bad .... the last 20-30 minutes they made some bonehead plays though

I am talking about the entire season. you're right though, they didn't play too badly today. their counter was actually nice where they scored that goal but man they looked really bad in their previous games. really wish the best for scott parker as he played for spurs but theyre really bad so far this season

fulham, even with this win, have to the absolute worse side I have seen in the EPL in the last 20 years
Cmon man....Derby County in 07-08 was horrible

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/amp/features/derby-county-200708-worst-premier-league-season-ever

They would collect only 11 points in 2007/08, a Premier League record that doesn’t look like being beaten any time soon. The records didn’t stop there: fewest wins (one), most defeats (29), fewest goals scored (20), most goals conceded in a 38-game season (89), longest run without victory (32 matches), earliest relegation (March 29), furthest adrift of 19th place (24 points)... the list goes on and on.

John Terry gets a yellow card. Now that’s a familiar sentence. 10 years ago :lol:

hispanics are notorious for their nicknames:rofl:. My best friend has the nickname frijol and another family friend has negra as hers. Just because they’re the darkest of their closest aged siblings. Be it in mind this skin tone that garnered such names as exactly like Thiago Silva

it’s like a normal thing to pre bully your kids for the Latins. Prolly the worst was a client of mine’s daughter, might be like 3 or 4 now, was “mini terrorist” in Spanish because she was kinda dark but had thicker than her siblings eyebrows like Middle Eastern facial structures
1606771831651.gif

Bayern have already won the group, Atletico definitely need to win to avoid not being surpassed by Lokomotiv if they were to win against Salzburg. Atletico have 5 points to Lokomotiv's 3.
Damn. I also saw the traveling squad. Few key starters being rested
I already locked in half my bet :lol:
Just need Bayern to not lose by 2 and I’ll be good

Only people I’ve seen call him racist are disingenuous scousers upset about the Suarez ruling. Cultural differences was the same defense the Dutch used for their Black Pete traditions. Just because it’s the norm doesn’t mean it can’t be questioned or wrong. Two Afro Latina professors discussed the word and it’s history during the whole J.Lo controversy. Good read.

The post has been deleted and he has apologized for any offense it may have caused. Hopefully, the FA takes the context into consideration and only suspend him for 1 match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom