⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mans should be playing instead of being sold. Best CB on the team by far. He uplifted that Crystal palace squad defensively last season. They went from being relegation bound to being able to scrap it out with the other clubs as well as the bigger clubs and save the team. Now Liverpool wants to sell him without addressing our other defensive woes. FFS Klopp be wise.

Agreed,dont know why Klopp doesnt try to salvage the relationship,it could only benefit the club

In other news,geres a big one...

City taking the piss :rofl::rofl:

Not even taking the piss. Sterling been around 5 years but he's only 22 years old.

I love Alexis to death, so much that I actively want him to leave Arsenal, but Raheem for Sanchez isn't fair value to me.

That would be a come up for Arsenal.

It depends on what the city brass want i think. If they let Raheem go for sanchez its (to me) saying they want to win this year and next year. But at such a young age i would think you keep sterling and let him grow under pep. He has already had a great start to the year this year. I don't know how much sanchez is better then raheem now...but i would give him the nod slightly...but raheems potential is there to be better then sanchez in a few years.

very interesting move indeed though

Still think it's pretty ballsy of Citeh to ask for Arsenals best player since Henry and cash on top of it :lol:

Right now Alexis is absolutely worth more than dude,he was arguably the best player in the league last season but in today's market,premiums are paid for age + potential so I guess I can see the thinking but still don't see how Arsenal would be coming up...

Sterling should've stayed at Liverpool, would've had the chance to be part of this prolific attack. Now he's just trade bait for City and could end up at Arshambles.

Sterling had the best season of his career last year under Pep. He needs the continue to soak up game, he's back on the trajectory he was on following that last season at Liverpool imo.

Still think it's pretty ballsy of Citeh to ask for Arsenals best player since Henry and cash on top of it :lol:

Right now Alexis is absolutely worth more than dude,he was arguably the best player in the league last season but in today's market,premiums are paid for age + potential so I guess I can see the thinking but still don't see how Arsenal would be coming up...

Age, potential, and English tax make Sterling more valuable than Alexis

The hell Arsenal gonna do with Alexis man? Win the league? :lol:

Alexis turns 29 this season and and probably has a cool 400 professional games on his legs.

Raheem is six years younger and imo ahead of where a 22yo Alexis was as a player.

Sterling for Alexis makes sense for City because of the immediate return while Arsenal is likely to lose Alexis on a free.

A scenario where Arsenal exchanges Raheem for Alexis without offering additional cash is categorically a come up.

Screenshot_20170829-140025.png

Arsenal need to stop trying to stockpile English NT players

English NT is buns

Raheem is an ok replacement for Ox but not at the cost of playing Bellerin at LWB.

I'd rather sell Alexis to PSG and take back Draxler

Wenger will almost sign Raheem, and we'll hear about it on September 2nd. But the price was just slightly too much for where he values Sterling.

I think the problem with Arsenal is playin wing backs period :lol:

Bruh line a quality 4 at the back and play some inside forwards/wingers

Wenger out here trying to keep up with the trends but exposing himself. Arsenals problems over the last couple years have been centrally in the field. Centeral defenders, center midfielders, and center forwards.

Dude is out here messing with the wings and that ain't Arsenals issue

Real talk we need to replace Elneny, Coquelin with 2 big skrong world class CDMs

Real talk we need to replace Elneny, Coquelin with 2 big skrong world class CDMs

Was watching the Las Palmas vs Atletico game from the weekend and the only thing I could think of his why can't we sign midfielders like Thomas Partey? We'd have to play them of course but I digress.

City's main reporters have already denied that city are trying to use Sterling as bait. City never offered Sterling Arsenal requested him and city denied but people still writing articles like it was the other way around

Last edited:
yeah i find this very hard to believe (sterling). people out here trying to start a narrative.
it happens all the time.

alexis with this city squad would be pretty crazy to see though.

Was watching the Las Palmas vs Atletico game from the weekend and the only thing I could think of his why can't we sign midfielders like Thomas Partey? We'd have to play them of course but I digress.
Don't worry, in a year when Partey and Carvalho and others are in the EPL, we'll hear how Wenger was following them since they were 13 but the club's asked for 1€ too much when they were 17.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom