⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all sounds so coordinated so I could definitely see Barca feeding the press stuff to unsettle dude and really make him think long and hard about leaving but 'Pool still has most of the leverage right now. They can try to fleece Barca for most of that Neymar $ or just refuse to sell outright

Saw someone on Reddit make a decent point pretty much saying it could also be the spanish media trying push Bartomeu into going for the move. People are expecting it to happen now because of all these stories and if it doesnt it'll make him look bad. Even more so since I believe there are some in the Barca base who aren't fond of him.

A little tin foil hattish but believable scenario imo

IMG_2744.jpg
How reliable is ESPN when it comes to this? Barca got that Neymar money, and Coutinho is a very important player to Liverpool. If he's truly to be sold, I'd hope Liverpool squeeze each and every penny they can out of the deal.

ESPNFC isn't a good source for these things.

That being said, Coutinho is gone.

So I contacted Spurs customer support about an collector's item I'm interesting in purchasing, wanting to ask a number of additional question regarding this part in the product description:
"We cannot guarantee that every member of the first team squad will have signed."
a11a96760e852607c5ad6b25705010ec.png

So I contacted them to ask if I could at least get some form of assurance that my favorite player Son would be on there and if there was any way to get more specifics as to exactly whose signatures would be on it. After about a week, they responded with "If the players you wanted aren't on it you can return it and get a full refund. At this time a lot of the first team players would be on it".
:stoneface:
Well thanks that's very specific. :smh::lol:

How reliable is ESPN when it comes to this? Barca got that Neymar money, and Coutinho is a very important player to Liverpool. If he's truly to be sold, I'd hope Liverpool squeeze each and every penny they can out of the deal.

They were right about Pogba, Neymar, Lukaku etc. I trust them when they "break" the news

They play in paradise too.. not sure why they struggle to keep their players. Rich owner, playing in one of the best cities in the world. Crazy

Monaco trains in paradise aparrently.

Monaco is generally a very beautiful place. Must feel great to train in that location.
I read some time ago that most of their players don't actually have a residence in Monaco because the housing is far too expensive even for their salaries.
It's the perfect club for players like Tielemans tbh. Rich and good club, great location, more than willing to invest in developing young players and give them the proper playing time to do so, ...
Young talents would have a hard time finding a better club to get good playtime to develop their skills before moving to a bigger club.

Klopp is a snake :smh: he was swearing Phil wasn't for sale....
Does he own the club ? He can speak from his stance, but the owners make the decision at the end of the day. With this money, will we purchase VVD and Keita ? If not, then this is a waste.

Match today isn't as lopsided in RM's favor as some might think it is. If it were a CL knockout tie then Madrid would be extremely heavy favorites.

But they've shown 0 damns in the preseason, and this is like a hybrid regular season/preseason trophy.

I think CR7 returning will give them that ability to turn on the switch RM has shown late in matches or if they go down a goal, which will give them the edge.

Monaco is generally a very beautiful place. Must feel great to train in that location.
I read some time ago that most of their players don't actually have a residence in Monaco because the housing is far too expensive even for their salaries.
It's the perfect club for players like Tielemans tbh. Rich and good club, great location, more than willing to invest in developing young players and give them the proper playing time to do so, ...
Young talents would have a hard time finding a better club to get good playtime to develop their skills before moving to a bigger club.

I've heard that before but I think it's a myth. Probably has more to do with availability than anything, Monaco is more like a neighborhood than city-state. It's a tiny place, there are club training grounds with a larger footprint.

Does he own the club ? He can speak from his stance, but the owners make the decision at the end of the day. With this money, will we purchase VVD and Keita ? If not, then this is a waste.

We'd also need someone to replace Coutinho, I've heard Lanzini's name thrown around as a potential replacement.

It all sounds so coordinated so I could definitely see Barca feeding the press stuff to unsettle dude and really make him think long and hard about leaving but 'Pool still has most of the leverage right now. They can try to fleece Barca for most of that Neymar $ or just refuse to sell outright

your salt levels have been pretty high towards us this off-season

It's not just Liverpool that has leverage, but also every other team that Barcelona wants to negotiate a player for at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom