⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with staying at United is what manager will replace the dotard once he gets axed. All the really good managers have been taken. I doubt the 2 really big names will leave their posts. Cholo has a lot invested with with Atleti & coming off the dotard wouldn’t be a good fit. If Poch resisted ovatures from Barca & turned down Madrid, he ain’t leaving Spurs.

If Paul wants to win glory on the club side, his best option is to leave.

Edit - I take this back. If I were Pogba, I would be wary of the way the footballing side of United is being run. They've successfully struck out with 3 straight managers in spectacular fashion, each worse than the last.

There is talent there to play well now & also build for the future but the dotard has done a spectacular job of alienating a segment of the players & crushing their confidence. Some might be forever ruined.

For such a big club, there is a lot of mess to clean up. Like I said before the club not only needs a new manager, but they need someone to run the football side of the operations so that woody is no longer making those decisions. Not only does the club miss SAF, but it also sorely misses David Gill.

Last edited:
The body language & control of her facial expressions from the lady from United’s PR dept is hilarious... You can tell she’s like wtf?!?!!! :lol:

Sad to see Sime leave, very interested in Arias though. Hope he can attract Lozano next transfer window so we have some proper pacey wingers

The body language & control of her facial expressions from the lady from United’s PR dept is hilarious... You can tell she’s like wtf?!?!!! :lol:

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 7.54.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 7.54.32 PM.png

Her facial expressions sums up everything with this guy

Pipedream but the Dotard gets sacked by Christmas and is replaced by Zizou. Pogba and Martial flourish and we sign Mbappe next summer to form the French Trident :lol:

In all seriousness though, I don’t blame PP for feeling that way. I think if there are rumblings around OT about the Dotard possibly being sacked I could see PP sticking it out and seeing who the Glazers bring in.

Again I don't really see what's so bad about what he said. ICC should lower their prices.

Whose United's Sporting Director? It's crazy to me how much control Monchi has at Roma. He has more of a say of who they sign then our actual manager. At United it looks like they go after Mou targets all the time.

It’s funny seeing Mourinho get blamed for our disaster season that hasn’t even started yet :lol:

Question, if Pep didn’t get the players he wanted going into his second season at Citeh and they had another season like his first, who would get the blame? Pep or the board? In two seasons our results and general play have improved showing that Mourinho is not as inept as some would have you believe. If Woody and the board have doubts about Mourinho fine, sack him at the end of last season and get someone in that you have no problem backing. Mourinho is clearly sending a message to Woody, get the players I need to make a challenge or this will get ugly. I understand his frustrations. They are essentially sabotaging him.

Again I don't really see what's so bad about what he said. ICC should lower their prices.

Whose United's Sporting Director? It's crazy to me how much control Monchi has at Roma. He has more of a say of who they sign then our actual manager. At United it looks like they go after Mou targets all the time.
3F9C78EB-411E-4B3B-AAA4-12CFEA53F36C.gif

Jose identifies areas that need strengthening and then puts together a wishlist for Woody. Obviously his scouts have input as well.

It’s funny seeing Mourinho get blamed for our disaster season that hasn’t even started yet :lol:

Question, if Pep didn’t get the players he wanted going into his second season at Citeh and they had another season like his first, who would get the blame? Pep or the board? In two seasons our results and general play have improved showing that Mourinho is not as inept as some would have you believe. If Woody and the board have doubts about Mourinho fine, sack him at the end of last season and get someone in that you have no problem backing. Mourinho is clearly sending a message to Woody, get the players I need to make a challenge or this will get ugly. I understand his frustrations. They are essentially sabotaging him.
Though I am inclined to agree, what has he done with the previous purchases to make you feel comfortable allowing him to continue to spend? Barring Lukaku, he hasn't really improved anyone. He's also already brought in 2 CB both of which struggle to make his team. Having cleared out most of the LVG players, I can see them being hesitant on buying 30 year olds just to clear them out when Mou loses it. I honestly can see both sides of the coin on this one.

I know our Board/Woody could care less about the footy side of the business but you would think it would be in their best interest financially to bring in a director of football. That way your not clearing out entire rosters everytime you change managers.

Though I am inclined to agree, what has he done with the previous purchases to make you feel comfortable allowing him to continue to spend? Barring Lukaku, he hasn't really improved anyone. He's also already brought in 2 CB both of which struggle to make his team. Having cleared out most of the LVG players, I can see them being hesitant on buying 30 year olds just to clear them out when Mou loses it. I honestly can see both sides of the coin on this one.

I know our Board/Woody could care less about the footy side of the business but you would think it would be in their best interest financially to bring in a director of football. That way your not clearing out entire rosters everytime you change managers.

He got us to 2nd, finishing behind an all-time great Premier League team. For me, that’s enough to back him for another summer. The two CBs not being dominant fixtures in the side is damning. If they are hesitant to buy players because they think Mou will lose it they should just get it over with and sack him. You can’t be halfway committed in any relationship and expect to get great results.

Hiring a DoF is definitely the way to go. I was against it at first for sentimental reasons but now I’m all for it since it looks like we won’t be having a manager around for 10 plus years anytime soon.

The whole not being backed by the board stuff I dont get when outside out Citeh,United have probably spent the most in the league under Jose. Not to mention on areas that are still being targeted (bought a CB the last 2 summers and is still in need of a new CB >D)

I wouldn't blame the board for potentially being tepid about pouring in more funds especially given how some of the targets are nearing the end of their primes/30 and would have to be replaced soon enough

Maybe the manager should try getting the best out of the squad he has instead of blaming the board and players who aren't there before the season even starts

I'm not buying the idea of a 'crisis' before the season even starts given that here's still about a dozen players missing from the squad but I also don't buy some of the excuses and negativity that Mou's been pedaling so far.

Seems like a ploy to get the pressure off the squad which I wouldn't mind except for the way he's going about it by blaming everyone under the sun besides himself for every issue.

Of course the media is gonna try to make a meal out of everything he says to keep up the narrative for clicks which is why Mou should be smarter with his words...

On the suggestion of a DF,I agree that moving forward it'd be the right move to make but I don't see how the dynamic would work under Mou.

In silly news:

Vidal and Naingollan is gonna make for such a violent MF :sick:

Lolwut

Man needs the backing of a big club...:nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom