⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
90ACDA70-D9A8-41E9-9C0F-428AB8AE4979.jpeg

New year, new Morata. Switching to 29 due to his twins boy being born on July 29th. If his mind is right he could be eating under Sarri.

Where's this big bag Poch was supposed to have?
Either spent it all on improved contracts to retain our players or Levy is being his stingy usual self. Probably a bit of both but mostly the latter.
No excuses really, we're better off financially than we've ever been and we can't even get a single signing. Not one.

To make matters even worse, the majority of the transfer reports have been attackers even though we desperately need a CM to account for Dembele's fitness struggles and likely move to a league more suited for his age and fitness. If we don't sign anyone I'd be very surprised if some of our top players don't hand in a transfer request. Even Poch might leave if what appears to be Levy refusing to spend doesn't change.
Winks has been good when fit but he's coming back from a long term injury so it remains to be seen if he can stay injury free.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/socc...ght-not-make-any-signings-mauricio-pochettino
Tottenham Hotspur might not make any signings - Mauricio Pochettino
Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino said it is possible the club could not make any signings as Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce said Spurs have not made an offer for Jack Grealish.

Spurs, who have yet to add to their squad with the window closing at 5 p.m. on Aug. 9, are hopeful of signing Grealish, the England youth international.

"We are working so hard but still, we are like we were on the first day of the transfer window, with no signings," Pochettino said. "I think I'm not the person to explain this. Of course people expect the manager to explain it. But in this situation, for different reasons, it has been difficult to add players who can help us -- but you know in the last week many things can happen.

"Am I relaxed? No, I'm not relaxed. I am a coach and when you are a coach you cannot be relaxed. You need to be confident and trust in the people that you have, and the way we work. But of course, football is always about adding more quality every season like different clubs, our contenders, are doing."

Pochettino said that Spurs "need to try to be creative" if they do not make additions.

"Of course, the help from the younger players would be amazing," Pochettino said. "They showed [in the United States] they can help us if we don't sign players."

Bruce, meanwhile, said at a news conference on Friday that no offer has been extended by Spurs for Grealish, but that talks over a fee "haven't got anywhere near what the owners want to even consider."

ADC7231E-580D-4300-B84D-26CBD8A95491.jpeg
Juve really out here putting Golden State together to raid the UCL
golden state?
i dont know what y'all are looking at but this isn't impressive to me
y'all will see this season how much of a product real Madrid was because of the midfield and zizzou.

Thats some b!tchassness right there :lol:. I need Zlatan to insult Garber live for the culture
Its MLS policy that, if a player who was going to play in the All Star game ends up missing it, they sit out the next league game. It's not a suspension per se, more of a persuasion to try and make sure the big names dont skip it. Zlatans schedule has been pretty busy IIRC, so him missing the ASG (whoopdy doo) and a league game is going to do him well. Should have used the ol' "I picked up a knock" excuse everyone else does tbh

it just homer in a rm durag, it was in reference to the Lucas Vazquez to Arsenal rumors, basically not losing any sleep over that, but now it has more meaning I suppose

To me this whole time Homer is Florentino Perez, so yup, definitely has more meaning :lol:

Dude saw Malcom thriving in the pitch & in training already having that camaraderie with team mates. He better get in camp ready to work & contribute instead of sulking...

Pogba rumored to wear #8 at Camp Nou....
It’s a silly season rumor but a dude can dream...

**** source but

So basically they can't afford him right now even if they'd want him...

Vidal has gone back to Sevilla. If rumors are to be believed, Mina has offers from United, Everton, & Lyon. Paco is on a 2 yr loan to Watford with an option to buy so c’mon Pogba!!!!!!!!!! Camp Nou & the #8 shirt awaits! Not sure how I feel about the peach third kit. Maybe it will look better on.

Last edited:
Chelsea fans, what's the latest on Charly Musonda and Zouma? I think it's time for both of them to leave the club

mou was a terrible mistake
we all know he destroys every locker room he's been in

c'mon abi make it happen
french barca is in effect

Vidal has gone back to Sevilla. If rumors are to be believed, Mina has offers from United, Everton, & Lyon. Paco is on a 2 yr loan to Watford with an option to buy so c’mon Pogba!!!!!!!!!! Camp Nou & the #8 shirt awaits! Not sure how I feel about the peach third kit. Maybe it will look better on.
rafinha most likely getting sold as well with how good he has looked

arthur looking like he was a steal
will only get better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom