⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweden beats italy in a playoff to go to the world cup

without zlatan...smh

I would have loved to see GiGi in one more WC. Sweden came and played/defended incredibly. Before this tie began, Italians were laughing at the prospect of them losing to Sweden and missing the WC........well damn.

So over Sweden in the WC :lol:

Feel for Gigi

Not bringing Insigne on is absolutely unforgivable

Can’t wait for some dumb *** American writers to come up with some think pieces on how this is the best thing to happen to Azzurri

Italy needed da gawd

13919613.jpg

Buffon was the #1 choice keeper in 4 cups already, I don't feel sorry for him at all

And yes Zlatan is putting on his jersey right now as we speak...what retirement?

So over Sweden in the WC :lol:

Feel for Gigi

Not bringing Insigne on is absolutely unforgivable
Gigi deserved better than this :smh: And Ventura needs to get sacked and slapped for not bringing on Insigne.
Major props to Sweden though. Especially Granqvist was holding it down in the defense.

Gonna be honest I feel nothing for Buffon missing out on this WC, seems like a good guy, Ye shrug

I feel where you're coming from :lol:,it's different than the UCL since he's actually won a WC but damn it won't be the same seeing Italy without him

Guess Donnarumma's officially gonna get the keys now

I remember reading an article where Zlatan said he's done playing for Sweden even if they make it to the World Cup. It was actually an unselfish decision too, saying the team would have less pressure and would be playing with nothing to lose. Interesting to see if he'd really pass up the chance to play though, especially after missing the last World Cup.

He's never scored in a WC iirc and I don't how if he'd feel the same way now that they've actually qualified,plus since when has Ibra unselfish like that? Man needs to be himself :lol:

Gonna be a lot of new blood in Russia next year without recent WC staples like Chile, Ghana, Ivory Coast and traditional powers like Italy and the Dutch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom