⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he felt weird about taking over mid-season, could definitely see him accepting over the summer when he's got time to really build a team/staff

Yea, but if Quique does well I’m sure Barça will continue won’t sack him. Thus delaying the eventual Xavi appointment.

It’s definitely a difficult decision to make. Good guy Xavi, what a role model this guy is. That Barça DNA really showing :lol:

Has anyone here watched him? If so, what’s his best position and does he have the goods?
I have his Road To The Final card on Fifa 20 ultimate team so all I know is that he plays in midfield and is about the same height as Ndombele.

He hasn’t really played much for Benfica, I just seem him once in the Portugal U-21. I can’t give an opinion.

It’s kind of crazy how all these big clubs are starting to poach young talent from the Portuguese league before the talent has had a chance to even prove themselves.

Well according to this guy, Messi called up Xavi to come and coach “come save us Xavi”. He also says the Barça board were split on Xavi. Split mostly between younger vs older directors at Barça.

What’s Queque about? Do you know?
he presses high and is all about possession.
he's great for attacking football. defensively, not so sure. it's hard to gauge because betis is betis.
but one thing for sure is that he made betis very entertaining and they attacked. it's fun to think about what he could do with these players.
he's also great for pivots. he made william carvalho look unplayable.
it would be exciting to see busquets and fdj in this system.
not sure what he's gonna do at barca cause it seems it's blasphemy to not play the 4-3-3

Last edited:
Can’t believe Xavi took the good guy route and declined the Barça job. Not everyday Barça fires a manager mid season.
Gab and juls podcast mentioned how xavi is backing a new president. He was suppose to be a surprise appointment for that candidate to help sway the voting. Apparently Bartomeu caught wind of it and tried to steal the thunder. Xavi declined out of loyalty and a lack of faith in the current board

Gab and juls podcast mentioned how xavi is backing a new president. He was suppose to be a surprise appointment for that candidate to help sway the voting. Apparently Bartomeu caught wind of it and tried to steal the thunder. Xavi declined out of loyalty and a lack of faith in the current board

Well damn.

Xavi so smooth, like he was on the pitch.

also, the upcoming presidential elections for barca have a lot to do with xavi turning down the position.
no one likes bartomeu. xavi is good friends with Victor Font, who is one of the front runners for being the next barca president.
him declining bartomeu and saying yes to working with Font would really help Font's cause in the election. remember puyol also turned down bartomeu for the sporting director job and is good friends with font.
it's pretty crazy how a lot of sporting decisions at barca are political.

Interesting that he signed a contract for 2.5 years.

especially if we all assume Xavi was going to take over in the summer.

Man the way these new Barca fans carry theirselves on Twitter is disgusting. Almost as bad as RM fans on Reddit. Maybe Quique clicks but Barca are already defensively lacking. And I don't see the whole 'Barca DNA' thing when he's a former colchonero...

wouldn’t expect an atleti fan to understand why barca sacked valverde
Style of play is important.

everyone points to valverde’s record but let’s keep it buck. Which Manager wouldn’t win the league with this barca squad and Messi who leads the universe in goals, assists, key passes, dribbles,and every other offensive statistical category?
he hasn’t made one single player better or developed anyone.
Barca was on obvious downward trend this szn and we all know what would’ve happened towards the business end. Better now than later

Apparently quique wants to bring coutinho back which I’m in favor of tbh

To keep things in perspective.. Both Enrique and Tata didn't really pull up trees before their appointments and both managed to be successful. I think that Barca team/Messi can paper over a lot of cracks.

I think with Suarez and dembele out, bringing back Phil makes sense. You gotta wonder if his barca career would have been diff under a better manager.

wouldn’t expect an atleti fan to understand why barca sacked valverde
Style of play is important.

everyone points to valverde’s record but let’s keep it buck. Which Manager wouldn’t win the league with this barca squad and Messi who leads the universe in goals, assists, key passes, dribbles,and every other offensive statistical category?
he hasn’t made one single player better or developed anyone.
Barca was on obvious downward trend this szn and we all know what would’ve happened towards the business end. Better now than later

Apparently quique wants to bring coutinho back which I’m in favor of tbh
Never said I didnt understand. Tactics are important and Valverde lacks in that obviously. I questioned the motive of hiring Quique for having “Barca DNA” .you guys aspire for UCL but Quique doesn’t bring UCL level tactics. should have just thrown the bag at poch, regardless of him being a former Espanyol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never said I didnt understand. Tactics are important and Valverde lacks in that obviously. I questioned the motive of hiring Quique for having “Barca DNA” .you guys aspire for UCL but Quique doesn’t bring UCL level tactics. should have just thrown the bag at poch, regardless of him being a former Espanyol.
Poch said he would rather live on a farm because of his ties to espanyol

maybe you’re right..but I think given the circumstances there wasn’t a lot of managers willing to take such a huge job in the middle of the season

1st day on the job and setien has called up puig. even if he doesn't get much time off the bench it's important he trains with 1st team players.
he's too talented for the b team

also, i wonder if alena would have stayed if he knew quique was going to take the job.

Tbf Barca haven’t gone after a big name/established manager since LVG and yet have managed to win UCLs. I think their issue the last two years was playing to conservative... I don’t see that being an issue under quique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom