⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got nothing to get off my chest, i just think most of that social media **** is corny. Especially when i see close friends of mine do the most just for e-props and validation for people who don't really give a **** about you.

No need for an account then, delete it...

Nothing too wrong with social media in moderation imo (this is coming from someone that was basically inactive on it between 2012-2018.) On the contrary to being “sus”/corny I’ve had my most meaningful thing with a shorty in the past year off just putting up a story of a place I hiked at. And my brother just got engaged to a family friend that stayed with us and my parents years back. They barely spoke when she was here, but followed on ig and she wound up becoming a good photographer, and they connected off that.

I was inactive for a few reasons. Being naturally on the introverted side, valuing my privacy, but also being self-conscious that I wasn’t doing it enough. I also always thought to myself who cares about what people I never talk to anymore think of me. The people that know me know what I’m up to. But I looked at the cost/benefit and I have no regrets. It’s also not just about old people you barely know, but it makes it easier to meet and connect with new people you meet out. Social media user isn’t really a personality type anymore, where it’s like oh I wouldn’t want to meet/get to know the type of person on it anyways. Because nowadays everyone is on. And it’s a way to vet people you just meet and also get to know a bit more about them.

Don't get me wrong I don’t think it’s perfect either. But it could be a net positive addition to people’s lives.

Last edited:
I used to be anti social media for a while ( flyeed flyeed I also got off most social media between 2014-2019), but then I realized that while it does sometimes give you more details about a person that you might not know just from casual interactions, more importantly, it exposes which people are complete idiots when they're not around you.

For me, Instagram has exposed a lot of people that I used to think were reasonably intelligent, especially during this quarantine situation. It makes it a lot easier to identify which people you need to cut out of your life. Even outside of exposing friends for who they really are, it also shows me which people to avoid putting any effort into. I have zero intention of hitting up people who just stream themselves drinking and smoking 24/7 with some garbage Detroit hip hop on in the background. Can't be around people who have no ambition or deeper interests in life

Last edited:
41274472-7113-44DC-97FE-826F2C728210.jpeg

They’re also pushing for Camavinga this summer, and apparently he’s keen too, but Rennes wants to hold onto him for at least another year. Manager mode Flo aka Florenthanos Perez coming for all the gems.

I doubt Haaland will happen, that's just Mino being Mino

Yea who knows what the players will decide on when/if they come. We need goals in the side desperately though, and if we can guarantee him a starting role maybe he does make the move. But it could be better for him on a personal level to wait another year. Don’t know what the hell RM will do though struggling to score for another season. And that’s where the different in potential prize money might lead them to spend extra to secure Haaland sooner.

Yea who knows what the players will decide on when/if they come. We need goals in the side desperately though, and if we can guarantee him a starting role maybe he does make the move. But it could be better for him on a personal level to wait another year. Don’t know what the hell RM will do though struggling to score for another season. And that’s where the different in potential prize money might lead them to spend extra to secure Haaland sooner.
it's crazy with all the players you have and the manager you have, that goals are still hard to come by
but if you look at league table yall have the 2nd most goals in spain
it's just when you compare it to barca does it look like yall don't score enough
i guess when you also look at it from the amount of talent you have, it's not enough as well

bale
benz
hazard
asensio
rodrygo
vinicius
jovic
mariano
brahim diaz

that's a lot of cot damn forwards

Last edited:
You just can't get everybody, transfer & salary, we definitely have too many players right now, but if they actually start getting rid of players this summer I'll believe it. And as a striker I would have apprehension about being a back up to Benzema no matter how poorly he's playing.

bale - checked out (double entendre)
benz - out of form since 2020 started
hazard - injured most of the season
asensio - out for the season
rodrygo - 18
vinicius - trouble scoring
jovic - doesn't play
mariano - doesn't play
brahim diaz - doesn't play

that's a lot of cot damn forwards
And that's been our issue with goalscoring

I was inactive for a few reasons. Being naturally on the introverted side, valuing my privacy, but also being self-conscious that I wasn’t doing it enough. I also always thought to myself who cares about what people I never talk to anymore think of me. The people that know me know what I’m up to.

Everything said here is me in a nutshell.

I got an IG, but i think i've only posted like 4 times since i made an account many years ago.

I follow a few guys in this thread Sinner Sinner rolaholic rolaholic ootherocoo ootherocoo

I used to be anti social media for a while ( flyeed flyeed I also got off most social media between 2014-2019), but then I realized that while it does sometimes give you more details about a person that you might not know just from casual interactions, more importantly, it exposes which people are complete idiots when they're not around you.

For me, Instagram has exposed a lot of people that I used to think were reasonably intelligent, especially during this quarantine situation. It makes it a lot easier to identify which people you need to cut out of your life. Even outside of exposing friends for who they really are, it also shows me which people to avoid putting any effort into. I have zero intention of hitting up people who just stream themselves drinking and smoking 24/7 with some garbage Detroit hip hop on in the background. Can't be around people who have no ambition or deeper interests in life

Very well said

:lol: :smokin

It's a good thing for him that we're on lock down rn cause he'd be banned from TV if they managed to get him on for comment

Players have no choice but to be upfront and honest in interviews not it feels like :lol:

I don't blame him too much since they've been tryong to sell him for like over 2 years now but there's probably a good reason they can't find a buyer...

Certain clubs are singing a different tune after they had Neville on Sky arguing that clubs should catch transfer bans/restrictions if they use gov money to furlough staff :lol:

They were sniffing around before he signed with Poch

Would be all over that if I was Lampard

Barca has found plenty of buyers for raki he’s just been denying every transfer
He wants to stay in Spain and that’s the problem. Spanish teams don’t want him but other countries were def ready to buy raki

word is he wants Sevilla or atleti

Saudi's really buying Newcastle after all? :wow: :nerd:

Gotta be tears of joy from magpies fans rn hearing Ashley is finally on his way out :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom