⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn’t stay rich if they made bad investments. Malaga turned out to be a bad investment, which is why at it’s peak the club was in serious debt which turned out to be part of its downfall (the owner also got into a public dispute with UEFA which is probably why they went down so hard on the club).

For the reasons you guys already mentioned, Newcastle seems to be a pretty solid investment given its history and stronghold over the region. If you take a look at the successful “new money” clubs in England (i.e. Chelsea and City), they also had solid fanbases and infrastructure to work with.

Yea, Malaga was a bad investment.

But I think if Arab prince went and bought a Sevilla, Valencia, Roma, it could work. They have a solid fan base.

Honestly not bad at all, kinda clean imo. The minimalism of it makes it work.

No wonder Ole's signings have been hitting more than in recent years :lol:

Arsenal potentially losing Obamayang and Lacazette at the same time? That's crazy.

The transfer fees coming in would be worth it though.

Facts, that money will go to good use with the Rams. Gotta stop that cost cutting we just did letting key guys go to save money. Not that mad about Gurley, but cant believe we let Dante Fowler go :smh:

Last edited:
Facts, that money will go to good use with the Rams. Gotta stop that cost cutting we just did letting a few key guys go to save money :smh:

Yea in a footballing sense I don’t see how potentially depleting your team of goals is worth it. Arsenal aren’t BVB where they flip players and quickly replace them.

Yea in a footballing sense I don’t see how potentially depleting your team of goals is worth it. Arsenal aren’t BVB where they flip players and quickly replace them.
At this point neither Laca or Aubameyang sound like their keen on staying. Better to cash in now then wait, especially since they have targets in other positions they are pushing for. They don't necessarily have to go big on striker, just get some talents that can bag a few at a reasonable rate. Arsenal aren't challenging for anything meaningful anytime soon and those two players aren't getting any younger.

Without further ado, the all-time scumbag XI:

Chilavert

Ashley Cole Sergio Ramos John Terry Materazzi

Joey Barton Diego Maradona Mark van Bommel

Luis Suarez Mauro Icardi Karim Benzema

I may have broken the rules, but I don’t care.
No giggsy? Smh

-Liverpool kit looks fake
-Happy for Newcastle. That fan base deserves better ownership.. even though that means united are out of the top 6 now lol
-No way Bayern gets sane for 70.. can’t see it

Damn. That best XI with handicaps tho. Practically choosing your fav Barca, Madrid player of all time then working wonders around that. All legends have to pass thru one of those teams in their lifetime.

the northern most of the midlands. Biggest English city to only have one team in it. Plus it’s the best weather wise (on average) year round compared to the other big cities in England. And the Gordies will relish in it hahah

They wouldn’t stay rich if they made bad investments. Malaga turned out to be a bad investment, which is why at it’s peak the club was in serious debt which turned out to be part of its downfall (the owner also got into a public dispute with UEFA which is probably why they went down so hard on the club).

For the reasons you guys already mentioned, Newcastle seems to be a pretty solid investment given its history and stronghold over the region. If you take a look at the successful “new money” clubs in England (i.e. Chelsea and City), they also had solid fanbases and infrastructure to work with.

Nah man they're so wealthy the word investment isn't even in their lexicon. Their wealth can't even be separated from national production. The type of money that's unquantifiable, a completely separate list relative to someone like Jeff Bezos or Bill Gates.

Seriously, they use traditional investments as containers for overflowing wealth, not to generate more of it.

I don't know what happened with Malaga but they weren't in debt because a royal family member couldn't afford it.

To some in the inner circles of one of those royal families or heads of state, $300M is a plaything, not an investment vehicle.

Was all good just a year ago. Went from one of the more promising striker prospects in Europe last year to a potential makeweight for a 30 year old

Would you swap Griez for Lautaro jape jape ?

Like Trey mentioned before,dude becomes a monster in manager mode :lol: :nerd:

BttYZ7.gif

I like griez. I like him for Barca too...before Suarez got injured and the 3 started clicking they looked great together and griez was flourishing.

but if Neymar is coming back, lautaro is who this squad needs more. I would make the swap especially because I still believe in my boy dembele and we have Fati who is the truth.

Nothing against griez

I think Inter would rather have the money than having to pay Griezmann a premium salary
I think it depends on who they can secure with the money

Either way I think this is all BS. I don’t think Neymar is coming but I think barca will just buy lautaro and keep griez

If getting Aubameyang means sacrificing Jovic, so be it but I need him to be the starter, y'all love Benzema but disappearing for months ain't cool.

Feel like Lautaro at Barca would be a better fit as a Dracula replacement but not sure how realistic Griez going to Inter is.

Obama's definitely a way better player but I'm just surprised at how fast the club would give up on him if true.

I think Inter would rather have the money than having to pay Griezmann a premium salary
I think it depends on who they can secure with the money

Either way I think this is all BS. I don’t think Neymar is coming but I think barca will just buy lautaro and keep griez

Agree with both. I doubt that Inter actually want to take on Griez’s wages. They’re probably just signaling to Barça that they value Lautaro at the same level as Griez, letting them know that they aren’t taking anything below the 100m mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom