⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna need Chelsea to sign their guy, I'm a fan Rudiger but I just don't have a good feeling about this one for RM.

6 months ago, I would've jumped at Rudiger in RM's backline. Militão stepping up this year has changed my mind. Unless Rudy is clear on limited / rotation playing time at CB, I would pass at this point.

I also have to admit I'm eating crow each week about my reticence to part with Ramos for Alaba. Dude is a baller.

Rudiger seems like the dude i would hate to play against and hate him all the time but would love if he was on my team.

I also really want to see Dembele get healthy and flourish preferably not at barca. When he is healthy it seems like he is a month or two away from finding form and becoming a world beater and then he gets hurt. Love dude's game. I don't understand how Barca are in any trade/signing talks with anyone.

Random Takes for the day:
Kimmich is an idiot
Obvious statement is obvious...but ten Hag would be a good signing for United
Benz is still under rated. His name is brought up enough when people talk best players on the planet right now. I swear he scores EVERY SINGLE GAME. Nice to see Jovic finally get some productive minutes out there as well. Would love it if Asensio keeps this up too that left foot is special.

edit: Alaba has def surprised me. I didn't see much of him at Bayern but i love the edge dude plays with. Filling in perfectly for Sergio Ramos

6 months ago, I would've jumped at Rudiger in RM's backline. Militão stepping up this year has changed my mind. Unless Rudy is clear on limited / rotation playing time at CB, I would pass at this point.

I also have to admit I'm eating crow each week about my reticence to part with Ramos for Alaba. Dude is a baller.
Alaba has been great, I didn't think his signing would be necessary this time last year, but he's been pivotal.

Another case is Asensio he's coming along nicely this season, but he's still more of a moments player than consistent. I would sell high this off-season

Something I didn’t foresee with Alaba is assuming the role at the back that Ramos vacated of being the veteran leader that is vocal in organizing the backline. Seems he’s always talking and not just quiet trying to fit in. He’s doing the #4 shirt justice and Carlo made the right move locking him at CB instead of making him a jack of all trades like many of us predicted he could be

Barca being in talks for Haaland makes absolutely no sense to me. The only plausible scenario I can come up with is Raiola telling brokealona to try driving up the price and in return he’ll help Laporta launder some money

Last edited:
979B89F7-965D-48AE-A287-7E6AD6287451.jpeg

While we are admitting being wrong, I owe Vini an apology. I never saw him becoming the star he is turning into now.

I always supported him but wrongly started thinking his ceiling was a mid-grade Sterling. It’s def been a lesson for me in my growth as a footy fan.

I think the likes of Mbappe, Haaland, and Messi warped our expectations by “figuring it out” as teens. The reality though is that even for world class players, they’re exceptions. Most world class players don’t break out until their low to early-mid 20s. CR7 didn’t even crack double-digit EPL goals in a season until the season he turned 22.

Goes to show that finishing, shooting technique, and even composure/decision-making can indeed be learned. They don’t have to be “natural” and we’ve gotta be patient.

Says that Raiola might be pricing Haaland out of a move. He wants a €55m commission, for himself and that Flo wants to pair him with Mbappe but not for that kind of commission...

Apparently the total Haaland package would be in excess of €250mil with Haaland asking for €30m per season. Less than a handful of clubs can afford those demands

What a crazy weird day….

If I was a RM fan I’d be livid.

First time ever Woodward made something happen :lol:

It's gonna more than 250, cause he wants 30 net
75 Release Clause
Mino + Dad Commission
Yearly salary over let's say 5 years
Yea with those demands the only clubs that could feasibly offer all of that easy are P$G and City.

Sounds like Raiola's treating him like his golden goose and is seriously trying to secure that generational family wealth with his transfer.

Unless there's some sort of guarantee that he'll stay long term or a Barca style 1B type release clause in his contract, can't see most clubs agreeing given his agents history of angling and trying to pawn off his clients to the highest bidder every couple of years or so.

Yea with those demands the only clubs that could feasibly offer all of that easy are P$G and City.

Sounds like Raiola's treating him like his golden goose and is seriously trying to secure that generational family wealth with his transfer.

Unless there's some sort of guarantee that he'll stay long term or a Barca style 1B type release clause in his contract, can't see most clubs agreeing given his agents history of angling and trying to pawn off his clients to the highest bidder every couple of years or so.
I didnt over reach in thinking his salary would be 60 gross/30 net right? Cause if he's looking 30 gross/15 net, then a lot a clubs can actually do it.

That would be a lot of money but definitely worth it.

I didnt over reach in thinking his salary would be 60 gross/30 net right? Cause if he's looking 30 gross/15 net, then a lot a clubs can actually do it.

That would be a lot of money but definitely worth it.
The figures I've seen seen being floated around are 30m net which is basically what you guys paid for Camavinga but per season :lol:

That's around the ballpark of what Bale and Hazard earn

wasn't Raiola calling Barca broke just yesterday? now he's having lunch with them in regards to Haaland? dude is crazy 🤣

jape jape although I think Mino is playing his usual games with the media. Along with the fact Barça don’t have money….

IF you pull off Haaland I’ll apologize for any previous slander. Barça would be officially back….

I’ll write a letter to Laporta apologizing… :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom