⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not gonna lie. I'm considering being done using NT after these latest updates. it's gotten so hard to use and a huge pain in the *** honestly. even just to navigate the notifications count at the top right only goes away if you click mark all read now instead of just opening and closing. feels like the end of an era on this site :smh:
Am I tripping? The notifications look the same to me.

im not gonna lie. I'm considering being done using NT after these latest updates. it's gotten so hard to use and a huge pain in the *** honestly. even just to navigate the notifications count at the top right only goes away if you click mark all read now instead of just opening and closing. feels like the end of an era on this site :smh:

Methodical Management Methodical Management and Nelson C Nelson C

Love you guys but a bunch of people have said the same thing. Here, NBA thread, everywhere.

A couple people up and left this thread because of ad’s the last few weeks and now it got worse.

Man y'all sound like old people whenever an update takes place. They should have tested this before going live, but be patient. They are still working out the kinks. How yall gonna get upset about a site that you're accessing for FREE.

Man I don’t have a problem with it, Adblock has been on my phone for years. I don’t blame Meth and Nelson for doing what they have to.

All I’m just saying is that it seems all the older members seem to be constantly people complaining. You saw the NBA thread the other day.

At some point you have listen. Beans up and left :lol:

Man I don’t have a problem with it, Adblock has been on my phone for years. I don’t blame Meth and Nelson for doing what they have to.

All I’m just saying is that it seems all the older members seem to be constantly people complaining. You saw the NBA thread the other day.

I havent stepped foot back into that thread since there were people throwing wild COVID conspiracy theories around without irony or understand what a vaccine is. Of course the NBA thread would be full of folks who cant understand how to use a slightly different web interface :smh:

United has been ****. Beans been waiting for a reason to leave :lol:

Man y'all sound like old people whenever an update takes place. They should have tested this before going live, but be patient. They are still working out the kinks. How yall gonna get upset about a site that you're accessing for FREE.

Rick James Slap GIFs | Tenor

you can't make the count go away unless you actually open the thread the notifications are for or you have to mark them read. it used to wipe the count away after opening and closing so you could know when threads you watch had new posts after the last time you checked

They're exactly the same unless you wanted ALL of your alerts to clear the instant you tap the alerts pop-up, as a small but vocal number of users do. We're working to restore this functionality for them.

Methodical Management Methodical Management and Nelson C Nelson C

Love you guys but a bunch of people have said the same thing. Here, NBA thread, everywhere.

A couple people up and left this thread because of ad’s the last few weeks and now it got worse.

How many is a bunch? A dozen? Two dozen? And how many people would want the site to be vulnerable to a malicious exploit?

Listen, I care deeply about the user experience but I also care about security and performance. We're going to install critical security updates.
Most of the initial issues users encountered were fixed within a matter of hours. The only one left, that I'm aware of, affects a small subset of users who wanted the alerts to clear every time they click the "alerts" pop up.

We're working on it, but the idea that this "destroyed NikeTalk" is a little melodramatic. This is one of the most minor point updates we've yet installed, and there are workarounds for those who feel inconvenienced. Meanwhile, unpatched security vulnerabilities could actually destroy NikeTalk, so I hope people can understand our priorities here.

If you hate the idea of there being a number you have to check, you can easily customize the alerts here: https://niketalk.com/account/preferences

If tapping "read" ruins your day, temporarily disable whatever alerts you feel are too onerous to keep up with until the issue is resolved.
Turn them all off if you feel like it.

We're not ignoring the "will of the people." A few people are upset because a critical security update changed alert behavior for those who used a specific configuration. Our developer is investigating the issue and we'll do our best to restore the expected functionality for these users.

In addition to the much needed security and performance updates, threads like this one could benefit from two of the new features introduced alongside the patch: thread collaborations and thread indices.

This is not a conversation that needs to disrupt eight different threads. We have a thread for feedback/bug reports related to the minor update installed over the weekend. I'm reading every reply and answering questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom