⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think I'm done too, but really don't want to be. But this last one was ACL, MCL, LCL and meniscus. Idk how it happened either tbh. Just felt it pop after I made a run and said "welp, I tore my ACL" and walked off the pitch. Just got some PRP injections, starting year 3 of recovery. It's all bad man.
Damn bro, i feel for you. Yea after the 2nd one you just KNOW something snaps

Players gotta stop wearing bladed studs.

Nike Mercurials have been the source of alot of ACL tears over the years. The blades are too aggressive. You can't pivot like conical studs. They grab the turf and lock you in. Surprised there is no lawsuit against them

2 of my 4 ACL tears happened because my Vapors got stuck on the floor and my knee went the opposite direction.

Bro 4? I'm on 3 right now and this last one pretty much put the nail in the coffin for me. How do you feel now? Still play? But all three of mine have also been non contact while wearing boots with conical studs. So I pretty much just have horrible luck.

Yeah I think I'm done too, but really don't want to be. But this last one was ACL, MCL, LCL and meniscus. Idk how it happened either tbh. Just felt it pop after I made a run and said "welp, I tore my ACL" and walked off the pitch. Just got some PRP injections, starting year 3 of recovery. It's all bad man.

This is all absolutely horrible. I watched my friend lace up a pair of brand new, out-of-the-box Vapor 12s for a game and did his meniscus in within 30 minutes. No prior history of knee issues.

They try to warranty away lawsuits by explicitly disclaiming the use of FG studs on AG pitches. I'd be interested in seeing the prospects of a class action though, because it's a real problem. I'm surprised you don't see more of it across field sports, especially in the USA, because every indoor stadium here is going artificial and it absolutely sucks for the players.

Try as they might, nothing responds or behaves like real, actual grass. It's foolish to pretend otherwise.

52EC4822-37E1-418C-BF53-07D504F8E85B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom