❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I just know about the Pulsic kid because of Deadspin, they've had a couple articles on him the past week. I had no idea the US had a star in their hands a week ago
laugh.gif

God damn this Barca game is LITTTT tho, if they lose today, whoaaa
Didn't they have an article on Julian Green? >D
laugh.gif

I've been following BVB this season so I've been watching him play, the talent is there. The fact that he's getting a lot of playing time says a lot about him. I hope next season we see another American making such headlines
It would be a lot to ask for a similar break through but... Haji Wright scored twice in his debut for Schalke's U19's yesterday....
nerd.gif

He was the original top prospect of the past U17 cycle before Pulisic stole the show.

I'm still pushing Villareal's Mukwelle Akale though.
I read that earlier on Twitter. A positive start for Haji nonetheless, I really want him to flourish.
I haven't really followed Akale at all, I saw a clip of him scoring a goal last week. Isn't he one of their top scorers or did I mishear?
Erik Palmer Brown has been doing well for Porto B, I hope Porto buys him.
Yup dude is a stud and plays in what imo is the most competitive U18 environment in the world, Spain's Divison de Honor.

Came in and was given the #10 right away and started for them ever since. He was a big part of the Juvenil team winning the youth championship last season while playing a year above his birth year. The Division de Honor playoffs start in a couple days, I'm hoping Villarreal can repeat.  

Villarreal Youtube channel is on point. They put up HD video for all their stuff. Usually full matches for the Villarreal B, C, and Juvenil  teams.

Last edited:
Sturridge is my guy but until he starts putting together seasons with at least together 27-30 apps, he can't be considered a great player in the EPL.

In league

Agüero has 146 apps with 99 goals since 2011-12 season
Sturridge has 102 apps with 53 goals since 2011-12

Last edited:
Why are we still talking about Sturridge? Dude will never let it go and we are still entertaining him. Is he even 2nd choice, 3rd choice in England? If there's questions, you ain't the best in the BPL simple.

Also want to see Joe Gyau flourish out in BVB too. I think he was from the DMV area and PSK touched on him awhile back. Never thought Pulisic would crack the starting 11 being so young but anything for the future of America. Jordan Morris just scored his first for the flounders yesterday too :pimp:
We just need a Julian Green sighting :lol:

Last edited:

I just know about the Pulsic kid because of Deadspin, they've had a couple articles on him the past week. I had no idea the US had a star in their hands a week ago :lol:

Didn't they have an article on Julian Green? >D :lol:

I've been following BVB this season so I've been watching him play, the talent is there. The fact that he's getting a lot of playing time says a lot about him. I hope next season we see another American making such headlines

It would be a lot to ask for a similar break through but... Haji Wright scored twice in his debut for Schalke's U19's yesterday.... :nerd:

He was the original top prospect of the past U17 cycle before Pulisic stole the show.

I read that earlier on Twitter. A positive start for Haji nonetheless, I really want him to flourish.
I haven't really followed Akale at all, I saw a clip of him scoring a goal last week. Isn't he one of their top scorers or did I mishear?

Yup dude is a stud and plays in what imo is the most competitive U18 environment in the world, Spain's Divison de Honor.

Came in and was given the #10 right away and started for them ever since. He was a big part of the Juvenil team winning the youth championship last season while playing a year above his birth year. The Division de Honor playoffs start in a couple days, I'm hoping Villarreal can repeat.  

Villarreal Youtube channel is on point. They put up HD video for all their stuff. Usually full matches for the Villarreal B, C, and Juvenil  teams.

I'll check out the channel, thanks. That says a lot about him to be given the #10 right away like that. Any other Americans that play in Spanish academies? I remember Boxi Yomba who was at Atletico for a little bit. I'm not sure if any of the kids that were at Barca who were forced to leave, ever came back.

Last edited:
Why are we still talking about Sturridge? Dude will never let it go and we are still entertaining him. Is he even 2nd choice, 3rd choice in England? If there's questions, you ain't the best in the BPL simple.

Also want to see Joe Gyau flourish out in BVB too. I think he was from the DMV area and PSK touched on him awhile back. Never thought Pulisic would crack the starting 11 being so young but anything for the future of America. Jordan Morris just scored his first for the flounders yesterday too :pimp:
We just need a Julian Green sighting :lol:

Gyau needs to stay healthy, would like to see him get a game or two with the first team before the season ends.
Green needs to leave Bayern, if his people are smart, they will push him to move

We just need a Julian Green sighting :lo
l

Back to Sturridge :lol:

I just know about the Pulsic kid because of Deadspin, they've had a couple articles on him the past week. I had no idea the US had a star in their hands a week ago
laugh.gif

Didn't they have an article on Julian Green?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

It would be a lot to ask for a similar break through but... Haji Wright scored twice in his debut for Schalke's U19's yesterday....
nerd.gif

I'll check out the channel, thanks. That says a lot about him to be given the #10 right away like that. Any other Americans that play in Spanish academies? I remember Boxi Yomba who was at Atletico for a little bit. I'm not sure if any of the kids that were at Barca who were forced to leave, ever came back.
I think Yomba fizzled out to Orlando City FC 

don't forget, we got George Weah's kid at PSG 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
None that I know of with the same kind of profile as those guys.  I know one of the kids who was suspended from Barca returned, Konrad de La Funete. He's back at La Masia with the U16's now. I know one of them ended up with LA Galaxy and stayed there. You never know when these kids are going to pop up though.

Crazy story but when I was in Spain I had to pick up a package at the Fed Ex facility and just as I'm getting there another black American family is arriving too, a mom and two little boys around 8/9.I only noticed because one of the kids had on a USMNT jersey and some indoor Hypervenoms.  Mom told me they were originally from Texas but had moved to Barcelona because the father had started a business there.  The older of the two boys was playing with Barcelona's academy.

Obviously he was really really young and I have no idea what level he was at for his age group but I'll never forget that fateful meeting man. 
laugh.gif

don't forget, we got George Weah's kid at PSG 
nerd.gif

Sad to hear that about Yomba. I remember reading he was suffering from some serious homesickness in Madrid. 

I'm really pulling for Gyau too damn shame what knee injuries can do. He's still rehabing and wont be back till fall the earliest. Dormtund really did right by him extending his contract through 2017 when it was about to expire right after he got injured. 

[thread="633945"] [/thread]
[thread="633945"]think Yomba fizzled out to Orlando City FC [/thread]

don't forget, we got George Weah's kid at PSG :nerd:  

Sad to hear that about Yomba. I remember reading he was suffering from some serious homesickness in Madrid. 

I'm really pulling for Gyau too damn shame what knee injuries can do. He's still rehabing and wont be back till fall the earliest. Dormtund really did right by him extending his contract through 2017 when it was about to expire right after he got injured. 

Hopefully Yomba can bounce back.

Oh yeah, I forgot Weah's son. There's also Theoson Siebatcheu, I don't follow him but I know he's made a decent amount of appearances for Reims.

[thread="633945"]I'll check out the channel, thanks. That says a lot about him to be given the #10 right away like that. Any other Americans that play in Spanish academies? I remember Boxi Yomba who was at Atletico for a little bit. I'm not sure if any of the kids that were at Barca who were forced to leave, ever came back.[/thread]

None that I know of with the same kind of profile as those guys.  I know one of the kids who was suspended from Barca returned, Konrad de La Funete. He's back at La Masia with the U16's now. I know one of them ended up with LA Galaxy and stayed there. You never know when these kids are going to pop up though.

Crazy story but when I was in Spain I had to pick up a package at the Fed Ex facility and just as I'm getting there another black American family is arriving too, a mom and two little boys around 8/9.I only noticed because one of the kids had on a USMNT jersey and some indoor Hypervenoms.  Mom told me they were originally from Texas but had moved to Barcelona because the father had started a business there.  The older of the two boys was playing with Barcelona's academy.

Obviously he was really really young and I have no idea what level he was at for his age group but I'll never forget that fateful meeting man. :lol:  

Is Ben Lederman the one with the Galaxy? But that's whatsup, hopefully things work out and we hear about him one day

Dope video about brothers rooting for clubs on games based on a coin flip. This one was Atleti vs Barca in the UCL. I'm on mobile

Barca deserves to lose and should be gutted. Messi is not the leader he needs to be and until he takes charge of a team with the leadership he should be providing he should never win another Balon D'Or nor be considered best in the world.
Barca needs better defenders, they depend on those past there prime and King Oompa Loompa who should have been shipped to Manchester a long time ago.
Barca needs to fly over a Brinks truck to Juve and wrap up Pogba because it is disgusting to watch the midfield.
If Luis Enrique is such a manager like PSK said, he'd do what he can to turn the mental ship that is flooding and sinking, being bounced out of the CL they would fear to ever lose again after the training sessions I'd impose on the team. Idiots are about to throw away the League too in such horrible fashion.
Guess no matter what, Barca will still be in the the CL next season, Arsenal should fall into 5th and Manchester United should over take those talentless losers. Guess we can hire Sturridge as the water boy too because that's all the talent he has.

Barca deserves to lose and should be gutted. Messi is not the leader he needs to be and until he takes charge of a team with the leadership he should be providing he should never win another Balon D'Or nor be considered best in the world.
Barca needs better defenders, they depend on those past there prime and King Oompa Loompa who should have been shipped to Manchester a long time ago.
Barca needs to fly over a Brinks truck to Juve and wrap up Pogba because it is disgusting to watch the midfield.
If Luis Enrique is such a manager like PSK said, he'd do what he can to turn the mental ship that is flooding and sinking, being bounced out of the CL they would fear to ever lose again after the training sessions I'd impose on the team. Idiots are about to throw away the League too in such horrible fashion.
Guess no matter what, Barca will still be in the the CL next season, Arsenal should fall into 5th and Manchester United should over take those talentless losers. Guess we can hire Sturridge as the water boy too because that's all the talent he has.

Post of the season

Damn, from Kings of soccer to this in just a few weeks :lol:

Watching the game the one thing I noticed is that Iniesta is slow, like really slow. He was never a speed demon of a player, but used to be just fast enough to use some slick dribbling to evade players. That looks to be deteriorating rapidly. Also Messi's favorite right to left pass to Neymar/Alba seemed really inaccurate today.

Yes, gut the team. Get rid of Messi immediately, That'll help. Wtf is a mental ship that is flooding anyways? :lol:

Psk won't come back for another 6 months now :smh:

^ I stopped posting bcs the IQ level of the posts in here went down hill. This thread kinda dropped dangerously to the nfl/nba thread levels... :rolleyes

I saw the Barca slide coming for a while now so it's no surprise. Truth be told, Barca wasn't playing well for at least a month before the international break. They were still able to score goals that helped the 39 game winning streak going but you could see the squad was running ragged.

Including all the commercial preseason tours, Barca has played more games than any side in Europe. Lots of little issues coming to a head now chiefly the defensive issues that existed prior to the last campaign (even Jordi Alba hasn't been playing well this campaign), squad depth (or the lack thereof), & the midfield (is Iniesta's slide duet to age starting now? Rakitic & Turan may not be the answer the team was looking for).

Getting to the quarter finals of the CL this campaign is still respectable & being in contention with the league title & the King's cup is respectable too. Even if they miss out on one or both, they still won the treble last campaign. I'm very happy about that as a fan.

Like I said previously, it will be interesting what action the club takes in the summer transfer window... Lots of names starting to pop up...

Let's see if this Barca team can pull thru the fatigue, pull their boot straps tight, & finish the last 6 games strong... :smokin

Edit - Strong rumor is Barca & Sevilla have agreed on french striker Kevin Gameiro. Barca to pay €20 m & give Sevilla Alen Halilovic whose currently on loan to Sporting Gijon. If Gameiro was 23-24, this would be a great signing but he's 29. :rolleyes

Another rumor is Barca is also interesting in Bayer Leverkusen Brazilian left-back Wendell...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom