❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was 14 years ago man :lol:,what have they done since? Been nothing but dissapointments since then,besides one confed cup with an even wealthier talent pool than England :lol:

Bro you're comparing England to Brazil...

No matter the argument, That comparison alone shouldn't even be allowed... :lol:

This England thing stretches way further than 14 years ago.

I was literally just comparing both of their capacities to depress their fans though :lol:,you can't compare their successes obviously

Last edited:
Some of what you mentioned are ancillary problems, the biggest issue is Roy & the FA & the good 'ol boy network they have created.

Last edited:
Like we won the World Cup once in the 60s and we still believe we're capable of just walking into games because "We're England"

The players are not the main problem. There's no reason why a team with so many promising young players can't beat countries like Slovakia and Iceland, unless of course your manager is doing things like playing Wayne Rooney as a midfielder :smh: :x This Euro tournament was the first time in years that I was excited to watch England play, but England gon England

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly, but this England team failed because of bad team selection, poor attitude, a sense of entitlement and zero commitment. Not because of the Premier League

We hear this every two years man ... for the past 30 years....

How isn't there a correlation from the "actual talent " of the English side and the "actual talent" of the EPL? When all of your players are from the EPL?

To say these things aren't comparable is ridiculous. It's not all on the EPL tho, of course not. It stretches back to youth development, FA, etc. Lot's of factors, but lets not act like the EPL is innocent here.

That game was an absolute abomination for England. Rooney save for the penalty was horrendous, has no business playing deep midfielder. Everyone was terrible, Walker's crosses were so bad he might as well have been Ray Charles. I truly hope, for the sake of the PL if nothing else, they get their ish together and make wholesale changes to how they operate. They have to adapt to the game, and honestly, Big Sam might do that for them.

Nah, it doesn't matter how good the Prem is at any point, we'd still get beat by France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Iceland, anyone :x

Because the attitude towards football from our national side is just wrong, that's what I'm saying. The Premier League isn't a poor standard, I'm sorry, but it's not. It may not be as good as La Liga but it's not "poor" it's just not as good.

The EPL is crap narrative is a funny one. :lol:

Even funnier, the current crop of young talent that England does have is a direct by product of the hundreds of millions of dollars that have been poured into English youth development in the past decade, as the English FA attempts to follow in the German DFB's footsteps by overhauling their development system. All that money comes from Premier League revenue. EPL academies are spearheading the development work.

The English Premier League isn't the problem with the English National Team. On the contrary it's actually doing its part these days, stark contrast compared to years passed.

Last edited:
Nah, it doesn't matter how good the Prem is at any point, we'd still get beat by France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Iceland, anyone :x

Because the attitude towards football from our national side is just wrong, that's what I'm saying. The Premier League isn't a poor standard, I'm sorry, but it's not. It may not be as good as La Liga but it's not "poor" it's just not as good.

Over-rated and Over-hyped is what I've always said. But I damn sure wouldn't say - or would I have ever say, "the EPL is poor or crap", no way :lol: Where are ya'll getting this from? :lol:

But I think it's more than just the "attitude" of every selected English side for the past 30 years. It's more than that. Starts way earlier than that.

Last edited:
Also Argentina is the most underachieving team ever

Even more than England

lol.

no

For the talent that Argentina has absolutely

Argentina have a top 2 player in the world

Di Maria, Tevez, Dybala, Lavezzi, Lamela, Masherano, Pastore, Aguero, Rojo, Otamendi etc.

But no silverware

England have Smokey Jack, Jamie Red Bull Vardy, Cahill, Wayne Rooney...

Last edited:
That particular comment wasn't specifically aimed at you coupe, but it has been said in here before.

:lol:

I still can't believe las angles blindly followed boris like that...

By the way, anyone doubting Conte now?

I should say however, he's benefiting from a spectacular keeper & back line which solves a multitude of problems from jump.

He's really following a simple plan & getting his players to execute.

& the prem footy is poor. It's been on a 6 year slide in the coefficients. The league is in danger of losing it's 4th spot from here on out until the league does consistently well in the EL & CL.

View media item 2083346

Last edited:
Better than the US doe... :rolleyes

That's not an achievement doe. :lol:

England have some talent on the team & a talent that is decent too. You get a young manager that knows what he's going & they can contend.

The FA needs to stop taking care of it's own though. Like a lot of footy governing bodies, it's become very insular & about taking care of it's own.

Is anyone really surprised by this though? Maybe to the casual fan this is an upset but for anyone that watches regularly, we saw this coming as soon as the match up was announced.
This. 4-3-3 was never going to work. Too many strikers, a false winger and Rooney at mid. Disaster all over from the beginning of the tournament. Thought Rooney was gonna be better, hell the whole team. What more can you ask for then to play Iceland in the Round of 16? :lol:

England just need a new change of direction away from Woy.

Roy Hodgson

He's a man who has steadfastly refused to accept the better players he has, in lieu of picking the most vaunted, the flashiest and the ones who play for traditional top 4 clubs.

He's a man who has on more than one occasion shown himself to be disappointed with Jamie Vardy scoring because it meant he was proved wrong.

He's a man who has took nearing 20 million from the FA and returned 3 disappointing results, although they can only blame themselves. Everyone could see he should've been sacked after the WC in Brazil

He's a man who has shown no ability to reflect, no ability to adapt, no ability to change a system for the better and no ability to beat lesser sides, because he has no plan A. Or B. Or C and so forth.

Good riddance. You should be ashamed

Last edited:
For the talent that Argentina has absolutely

Argentina have a top 2 player in the world

Di Maria, Tevez, Dybala, Lavezzi, Lamela, Masherano, Pastore, Aguero, Rojo, Otamendi etc.

But no silverware

England have Smokey Jack, Jamie Red Bull Vardy, Cahill, Wayne Rooney...
Dybala and Tevez wasn't selected. Lavezzi and Lamela are really not that great. ADM, Aguero were all super sub's or subbed out constantly and Pastore iirc was coming back from an injury.

England still have Sterling, Kane, Dier, Rashford, Walker, Alli all still young. Maybe the future can be built around them and hope for the better.

Also Hart was awful this tournament. Nothing compared to his form at City for last season.

I beg anyone to tell me, what Drinkwater, Noble, Antonio, Defoe even, would have done worse than the players he picked.

I beg, he comes out and explains why he never played two strikers with 50 between them together up front.

I beg, he explains the reasons for taking Wilshere, Henderson, Barkley(he didn't even get one minute of playing time) Milner, Sterling. over the players I mentioned above.

I'm so angry, we're ****, I know that, but this is humiliating beyond any words.

At least you guys got NT in top 100, still waiting for Vietnam and Phillippines to be on the come up. :smokin

Last edited:
Roy Hodgson

He's a man who has steadfastly refused to accept the better players he has, in lieu of picking the most vaunted, the flashiest and the ones who play for traditional top 4 clubs.

He's a man who has on more than one occasion shown himself to be disappointed with Jamie Vardy scoring because it meant he was proved wrong.

He's a man who has took nearing 20 million from the FA and returned 3 disappointing results, although they can only blame themselves. Everyone could see he should've been sacked after the WC in Brazil

He's a man who has shown no ability to reflect, no ability to adapt, no ability to change a system for the better and no ability to beat lesser sides, because he has no plan A. Or B. Or C and so forth.

Good riddance. You should be ashamed
From the man himself 
 "I'm comfortable that, whatever way we want to play, we'll be covered. Systems wins you nothing. Football players win you games."
I can't wrap my head around the fact that Roy actually said this before.

I beg anyone to tell me, what Drinkwater, Noble, Antonio, Defoe even, would have done worse than the players he picked.

I beg, he comes out and explains why he never played two strikers with 50 between them together up front.

I beg, he explains the reasons for taking Wilshere, Henderson, Barkley(he didn't even get one minute of playing time) Milner, Sterling. over the players I mentioned above.

I'm so angry, we're ****, I know that, but this is humiliating beyond any words.

Now you know how arsenal fans felt dealing with Wenger this season (and nearly every year for a long time) when you guys won the PL over them :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom