❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌‼️

Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

• Yup, still very young and filled with potential...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, no CM could be worth that much...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take it :pimp:

We were always that team that played pretty on the field but never got lucky, never got a break. So I'll enjoy this :smokin

Yeah no point in playing attractive if our guys are only capable of coming up with 0-1 goal games on a team full of star players :lol: we definitely have the record for most blown chances this tournament. I really wish Real Madrid Ronaldo was on this team and not the one that gets harassed in restaurants with "Messi" chants in Portugal of all places. It's not just him though, everyone seems to play at a lower level for Portugal while starting for teams like Real Madrid. So frustrating

Last edited:
Apparently King Eric wants to become England manager :lol:,that would be fascinating tbh :rofl:

Oh and flourish Cholo!

Formal offers for Costa/Higuain/Aubameyang sit between €50m-€60m, any one of them could instantly become #Atletico's record signing (Marca)

Anyone one of them paired with Griez...:x :x :x

Last edited:
Still salty that I was supposed to be going to France today but since England decided to be England, I'm not going now :smh:

@howardnurse
Ryan Giggs to end 29-year stay at #MUFC after agreeing a settlement with the Old Trafford club. More @BBCSport

Welcome

http://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/2016/07/01/nolito-signs-for-city/1467215591004

nolito%20signing%20pic%20final.jpg

Last edited:
What a comeup over the last year man,now dude's gonna get to star at one of the bigger clubs in the world :pimp:

@howardnurse

Ryan Giggs to end 29-year stay at #MUFC after agreeing a settlement with the Old Trafford club. More @BBCSport

Damn glad for all he's done for the club but man it seems like he got a little power hungry at the end with the epecattion that he was "owed" the job because he was under the clubs 2 most disastrous managers of the last few decades :lol:

All in all,he served the club well on the pitch and is a legend

View media item 2087723
It's lit next season :pimp:

CmP5sISUMAAyydW.jpg

Mou's also back at Carrington today...maybe in time to announce a deal or 2 before the weekend? :nerd:

View media item 2087725
In silly season news:

@GFFN: Manchester United & Chelsea have submitted formal offers for Lassana Diarra, according to BeIN Sports http://goo.gl/jF3OLJ

C'mon Conte...we already have enough aging CM's :lol:. He's coming off a great season at OM though but I'd still hold off on him given that the Schmidfield is still at the club.

Last edited:
Ben Arfa is one of the most talented players I've seen, his dribbling ability is up there with anyone. If dude can get his act together, with the support of this Paris team he could be special

I know this is rare and might be obvious but what if a footballer moving to a new club fails his medical? Does he not join his new club and return to his old one?

I know this is rare and might be obvious but what if a footballer moving to a new club fails his medical? Does he not join his new club and return to his old one?
Medicaid aren't a necessity, they're done at the descrection of the club. If he fails, it's up to the club if they want to sign him.

Depends, usually they go to the next best club on the list of clubs that were interested in them i.e Loic Remy, but if no other club is available they would return to their original club.

Last edited:
On another note, if I want to educate myself further on the sport, is it better to follow one squad or one league, like just follow La Liga or just Premier League or should I try to take it all in? I would catch PL matches on one of the NBC channels and I thoroughly enjoyed that :pimp:

If you really want to learn about the sport, take it all in... La Liga, Serie A, & Ligue Un are on bEIN, the prem is on NBC, & Bundesliga are on fox.

As far as style of play, La Liga is all about technique, technique, technique... Not all teams play a tiki taka style of play but you will definitely see precision passing & great movement off the ball, especially in the final third. Liga play doesn't rely on the long ball like the prem does.

The prem is all about speed & power. On the whole a more direct way of play, meaning English teams just want to get the ball down the field as quickly as possible & run right at the goal. You can sum up prem football by saying get it out wide fast & get it in. :lol:

Bundesliga is a mix of the previously mentioned 2 leagues, tactical organization & defensive discipline are hallmarks. Even though their coverage is terrible, so glad the league is available on fox. The thing about German teams I admire is it's all about precision. That doesn't necessarily mean too much passing, I mean is teams look to make the perfect pass, the perfect runs/cuts, the best way to score fast, the best way to hold the defensive line,etc.

Traditionally, Serie A is a defensive league but over the years a lot of South American players have enjoyed solid & great careers in Italy so you see some of the flair associated with SA players. Not a kind league to strikers so when you see one that can score like Higuain did for Napoli, it's usually spectacular.

Ligue Un is an interesting contrast to the other leagues. Interestingly it has the most immigration (specifically from Africa) than the other leagues & it's clearly benefited as a result. French footy in general is physically weaker than other leagues but stronger on technique. If you're a fan of footy, you should pay attention to this league because France produces a lot of gifted players. In recent times however, it looks like a lot of the French teams have been emphasizing the physical aspect rather than technique.

Hope this helps...

As mentioned previously, here's Cantona's official announcement of his interest in the England job, shirtless no less... :rofl:

Last edited:
Did they rename PSV's arena as well? I've grown to used to them and the Phillips brand being together :lol:

I'd pay to see Cantona as English coach happen :lol:

On his exit,VDB explained that apparently he and Casillas has a falling out when DDG became no.1...this dude is always feeling himself no matter what :rofl:
Whilst De Gea was being talked about as one of the best goalkeepers in the world, Casillas was transferred to FC Porto by Real Madrid. The reason Madrid did that was partly because they thought De Gea would be arriving from Manchester United.

De Gea was the best Spanish goalkeeper, and Madrid wanted him. Despite all of that, Del Bosque continued with Casillas, throwing scraps to De Gea and refusing to make the permanent change.

For the start of Euro 2016, there was still some doubt as to which goalkeeper would get the nod. It was a ridiculous situation, and further doubt was placed on Del Bosque’s choice when Casillas started a warm-up game against South Korea.

When the tournament did finally start, Manchester United’s De Gea got the position, and it seems Casillas didn’t take it very well at all.

El Confidencial quote Del Bosque as saying: “With his team-mates he’s been perfect, with the coaching staff it is so so.

“He feels bad with me, but also with Toni and Minano (assistant coach and trainer).

“The anger of Casillas was only with us, I say this with all sincerity, with his colleagues was perfect… Sure we’ll fix it in the future, there can be no grudges.

“Well, maybe we were wrong with him. I do not know.”

The Spain manager said he sent a text message to every player after Euro 2016, apart from Casillas. Del Bosque went on to praise Casillas and said he has “great appreciation” for the player, adding that he’s known him since the goalkeeper was just nine years of age.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/del-bosque-reveals-bizarre-casillas-fall-de-gea-took/

After all the unnecessary loyalty VDB showed towards Iker,for him to act out now when everyone including his Mother know he's at the end is mindblowing and pretty *****made :lol: :x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom