⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
20210422_151123.jpg

DeKobe

The no water part is crazy. I can't imagine going through a 48 minutes basketball game in which I played without consuming any liquid.

As a kid, I used to play ball outdoors around 7am right after sunrise for 2 to 3 hours while fasting then crash until sunset lol No way I can get away with that now.

However, I made a habit of continuing to workout during Ramadan. I don't do anything crazy, no cardio, but just maintaining. 100 pushups daily, 50 chinups, and 12 mins of core workouts. Plus as opposed to years prior where I would go ham when I break my fast, I now keep my meals light, balanced and not much sugar/ fried foods. I'm finally losing the love handles that just wouldn't go away during the pandemic.

That being said, you would be surprised what your body can adjust to. I've balled outdoors while fasting in the afternoon and it really depends on how you take care of your body. It's not as bad as you would think. Day 1 or Day 2 may be tough because of the adjustment period so Kanter was smart that he fasts 1 to 2 times a week year round.

fast
I myself been recently doing a 19 hour intermittent fasting atleast 4 times a week and feeling much better now after almost a month of doing it. my energy level has been great so far after doing fasting.

I did intermittent fasting during the pandemic (recently re-started) and from my experience, if you're trying to lose weight, this combined with exercise is a great move. 19 hours is really impressive. I fast for about 16 hours on average. I also began keeping my meals light instead of having one large like Moheezy Moheezy said and that's helped a lot too.

For some reason Based Jesus Based Jesus 's post about losing half his quarantine weight gain made me realize I was slacking on my health and fitness after I strung together seven great months. The following Monday I hit the gym and now I'm two days away from completing my 4th straight week of hitting the gym Monday through Saturday :nthat:

Fasting may actually improve athletic performance, but sure let a fat western capatalistic society who's profits are tied directly to the food industry tell you otherwise.

Google the "Snake diet". You'll be :lol: :smh::rolleyes:wow: once you get passed the nonstop cursing, body shaming, belittling and hatred for all things fat from dude, you see there's quite a bit of logic behind fasting. It's not just a passing trend.

Fasting 24+ hours is easy peasy and your body will thank you for it.

I did intermittent fasting during the pandemic (recently re-started) and from my experience, if you're trying to lose weight, this combined with exercise is a great move. 19 hours is really impressive. I fast for about 16 hours on average. I also began keeping my meals light instead of having one large like Moheezy Moheezy said and that's helped a lot too.

For some reason Based Jesus Based Jesus 's post about losing half his quarantine weight gain made me realize I was slacking on my health and fitness after I strung together seven great months. The following Monday I hit the gym and now I'm two days away from completing my 4th straight week of hitting the gym Monday through Saturday :nthat:

I lost almost 50 pounds in 2019. Was in the best shape of my life in February 2020. Then was obviously pretty sedentary for a while & put some weight back on.

This is my 5th week doing an 18:6 fast + some form of exercise 6-7 days a week & I'm halfway to my goal. I'm not going crazy tracking macros & counting calories but I'm happy with my progress.

Your body definitely adjusts when you restrict your intake. I feel full longer & it takes less food for me to feel full.

fast

I started with 16hrs. my windows for eating was around 12PM to 7PM, so my fasting starts from 8PM to 12 PM which is pretty much easy considering the time frame. starting the fasting routine though is tough with the typical headache, mood swings due to missing your eating time routine. once I get over that hurdle after 3 days, 16 hours pretty much became a new routine. then pushing it and adding an hour to see if I can still manage, went 17 to 18 then finally 19 hours. I would normally say that my fasting routine when working would be around 19.5-20 hrs. I no longer bring food, breakfast and lunch at work and would just eat once I get home. I'd say I'm doing 20hrs considering the time I get home I would be hitting the rack for almost an hour then eat. I'm not yet into strict OMAD but the window for my eating routine is closing down to reaching that goal considering I would only have 4 hours left to eat.

Fasting may actually improve athletic performance, but sure let a fat western capatalistic society who's profits are tied directly to the food industry tell you otherwise.

Google the "Snake diet". You'll be :lol: :smh::rolleyes:wow: once you get passed the nonstop cursing, body shaming, belittling and hatred for all things fat from dude, you see there's quite a bit of logic behind fasting. It's not just a passing trend.

Fasting 24+ hours is easy peasy and your body will thank you for it.

just read a great article about George St. Pierre and his intermittent fasting and how it has helped his conditioning about 2 months ago. just by discussing this today, I searched and watched a segment between Joe Rogan and GSP about the issue. very fascinating discussion.

here is the video if anyone is interested >>>>>>

fast

Apple Cider Vinegar also helps as an appetite suppressant.

I lost almost 50 pounds in 2019. Was in the best shape of my life in February 2020. Then was obviously pretty sedentary for a while & put some weight back on.

This is my 5th week doing an 18:6 fast + some form of exercise 6-7 days a week & I'm halfway to my goal. I'm not going crazy tracking macros & counting calories but I'm happy with my progress.

Your body definitely adjusts when you restrict your intake. I feel full longer & it takes less food for me to feel full.
im driven by visual inputs and naturally stimulated when i see fit guys. guys like u who cares enough to keep fit usually means other parts in your life are similarly in good working order. glad to read that you’re in charge of your life. u have great basketball takes, humor and appears to possess a killer body. a trifecta.

not hitting on you tbh but in another reality/universe you’d be my perfect hot twink.

I actually do want to know, for those who workout regularly, are y’all actually eating meals prior to or just hitting the gym straight?

Half a bottle of water and a stick of gum was always enough for me

im driven by visual inputs and naturally stimulated when i see fit guys. guys like u who cares enough to keep fit usually means other parts in your life are similarly in good working order. glad to read that you’re in charge of your life. u have great basketball takes, humor and what I believe a killer body. a trifecta.

not hitting on you tbh but in another reality/universe you’d be my perfect hot twink.

B3CB00AA-8B8B-4F3D-AD4F-58AD83753BBD.gif

I actually do want to know, for those who workout regularly, are y’all actually eating meals prior to or just hitting the gym straight?

gym workout first, eat later. the logic behind it is on an empty stomach, you are burning your fat reserves as energy. on a full stomach, you are just burning the food you just ate.

1619125499259.gif

I don’t do detailed tracking (calories, macros, etc.) but I do keep a generic log in Excel with just weight, meals/meal times and It’s super informal but it lets me at least see what’s working and what’s not, observe trends and have a point of reference. I’ve actually been using my 2020 log to guide some of my meal choices this time around which has been helpful.

Glad to hear you’re getting towards your goals playboy :nthat:

Apple Cider Vinegar also helps as an appetite suppressant.

THIS. I actually have lemon ginger tea with tea then some apple cider vinegar at some point after my main meal to try and help keep appetite down.

I always work out in the morning and do fasted. I know there’s all sorts of science and opinions on why you should/shouldn’t but it works for me so I roll with it.

1619125499259.gif

I don’t do detailed tracking (calories, macros, etc.)

the tracking of calories, macros, etc... in my opinion is misleading and at the same time could be discouraging. that is because it minimizes you food choices and more likely ending up eating a bland meal especially with calorie count. I mean max of 2000 calorie a day with a certain meal would get the average joe rather eat himself to death than to eat grass. no offense to vegans since they do have health benefits as well, but I'd rather be a healthy omnivore.

You guys just fasting food right? Ramadan includes water. Ive since put more effort on drinking much water. My runs have been better i just pee so damn much that its annoying especially in the middle of the night

I always work out in the morning and do fasted. I know there’s all sorts of science and opinions on why you should/shouldn’t but it works for me so I roll with it.

I also prefer to exercise early in the morning on an empty stomach. Actually improves my energy level for the entire day when I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom