⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point of the season in 2019 did LeBron get hurt? Before or after the ASG?

The Lakers need another option that can carry the team when Bron and AD is out for the majority of the season.
They refused to get a proven one at the deadline in favor of keeping their backup PG :lol:

20210503_143259.jpg

This is one WWW’s best tweets ever
:lol:

And be better, Adande:smh: The league somehow survived periods in the 90s and 2010s when neither the Celtics or Lakers were in the playoffs without making dramatic changes. I think it can happen again.

EYE don't think it is a problem but something like that happening could very well cause the league to revisit the rule. Sure, in part because it's the Lakers and Celtics but also because one was an ECF team that was ravaged by COVID and the other is the defending champ who dealt with serious injuries. It's sports and those things happen but any other year they'd be a 7/8 and no one would bat an eye but this new wrinkle could leave them out entirely. As a result, I think it's reasonable to revisit the rule.

Why was it a good thing last year but something someone should lose their job over now, other than the fact the Lakers may be in the play-in this year?
I think you could make the same kind of a justification for this year too. Still a different kind of season. Compressed schedule; some teams were impacted more heavily by COVID protocols than others. So there’s reasons this year too why it makes to give more teams a shot at the playoffs

I would be one of the last folks to defend Bron's antics but I don't think his comments are really that contradictory when you look at the implementation. The 8-seed/9-seed play-in game (which only occurs if the 9-seed is within 4 games) last year is way different from the 7-10 play-in tournament this year IMO.

Was shocked at the $300 price tag, but then I thought about it for a second and realized yep.
I'd rather pay $300 to the Bryant family than $600+ to little Timmy running his super computers. Not that I'm paying either but still.

I want to support them but $300 for screen printed hoodie is ridiculous, no matter who makes it. With Kobe's legacy being as strong as it is, this being the only official Kobe gear available and so many NBA players and celebrities wearing it, I'm sure it'll sell out. More power to them

kinda wild that denis sorta exposed lebron as anti vax. all that time spent injured and still no vaccination? makes sense now recalling him not wanting to be propped up as the face/rep of vaccinations when the NBA suggested it.

no dish network for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom