⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely so Gary Trent Jr. doesn't have to be the primary defender on the opposing team's best wing player again in the Playoffs

Cov is a good help defender too, they can get creative
I just feel like it's gonna be a rotational nightmare for Stotts deep into the playoffs. His offensive output is shocking right now. I might be overreacting since its only 3 games in.

I'm just gonna take tonights W with a grain of salt.

man, i was at ucla in school during his time. he and jefferson used to work us. haha percy jr was on the squad too
Lil Romeo lol. I vaguely remember Jefferson being super hyped at least here in Cali

I was even referring to back in the day with Trapangier, Gabe Pruitt, Clancy, Hackett, Farmer and that era

Been meaning to check these out, I like hearing the stories around their high school/college days

Some of those USC teams didn't win much but had hella talent

all the smoke and knuckleheads podcasts are some of my favorites. they and their interviewees pull no punches. a lot of folks mention their HS/college days. amazing insight into a world i’ll never know

crazy how a lot of these cats have known each other for years from playing in the AAU circuit

listening to DDR and swaggy talk about usc over UCLA reminded of how deep UCLA represents in the NBA. UCLA used to produce PGs the way Kentucky has...Russ, Darren Collison, Jrue, Baron Davis, Farmar, like one right after another

Lil Romeo lol. I vaguely remember Jefferson being super hyped at least here in Cali

I was even referring to back in the day with Trapangier, Gabe Pruitt, Clancy, Hackett, Farmer and that era
yep i remember them guys too. watched hackett as well

percy and percy sr, even silkk used to come hoop w us at the wooden

THAT WAS NOT A TRAVEL ON LEVERT. WHY HAVE REFS BEEN CALLING THAT SO MUCH THE LAST 4 YEARS YET IGNORE TRIPLE STEPBACKS :smh: ?!
If anyone can post a clip, it was at the 8:23 mark of the 2nd. It's when he dribbled out of the triple threat.

Here are two examples of what I'm talking about. It started happening a lot in the 2016-2017. I see it called SO much now that I can tell when it's about to be called. I recall them hitting Draymond with it and he mouthed "that's not a travel".

Here are two examples and I slowed them down.

Example 1
Player lands. Left foot is pivot foot. He dribbles out of triple-threat before lifting pivot. Totally legal. If I want to get nit-picky, he slid his pivot foot slightly.
20201229_031203.gif

Example 2
After I slowed it down, I can kinda see why they called it a travel, his feet shuffled a little. It's not that obvious in regular motion. People in the comments wondered why this was called a travel as well.
20201229_031523.gif

It's mind boggling how this is called but not quadruple stepbacks and DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican 's beloved step-through. The wording isn't clear enough, leading to a misinterpretation and it's BLATANTLY a travel. At least I don't see it much. Possibly because real hoopers know it's a travel.

AD looked like Christian Wood last night.
Wash your face. C.Wood a savage. He don't play pedestrian. Worked to hard to get here. Real life wasn't pose to be here. AD wish he could have the heart and dog in him all the time Christian got. AD will be weak af some games. Settling for goofy *** stepbacks and fadeaways all game. Even when they ain't droppin. Then he'll get clowned. And spaz next game for 40. Rinse and repeat.

Kyle Kuzma just shot the ball three possessions in a row. All quick threes. All misses. CLEARLY.
Buh buh buh he getting bedder! He got vision now. Making plays he didn't used to make. See the game 20 plays ahead. Limitless. That's what Raymone said

Wash your face. C.Wood a savage. He don't play pedestrian. Worked to hard to get here. Real life wasn't pose to be here. AD wish he could have the heart and dog in him all the time Christian got. AD will be weak af some games. Settling for goofy *** stepbacks and fadeaways all game. Even when they ain't droppin. Then he'll get clowned. And spaz next game for 40. Rinse and repeat.

Kyle Kuzma without the defense.

This season is pretty bad so far. Probably not gonna be worth watching til March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom