⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
1608819622338.jpeg
1608819637534.jpeg

Man, that is a damn good question.

I like the way you phrased that.

But I would assume, in that situation, the floor raisers would be less valuable.

But my question would be how on earth would that even be calculated. :lol:

I like the concept.

Floor raiser = Under perform / fold in playoffs.

Ceiling raiser = Deliver / raise level in the playoffs

Floor raiser = Under perform / fold in playoffs.

Ceiling raiser = Deliver / raise level in the playoffs
Yea I don't think that is an accurate way to view it since there are way too many moving pieces in team building.

Depending on the pieces around someone, raising the floor could move a team from a lottery team to a team that is now an annual First Round Exit.

But again, that is assuming it is that one player that is in fact the sole/main reason the team has increased their success.

I like the concept but as with most things, there is no true way to even measure IT.

Yea I don't think that is an accurate way to view it since there are way too many moving pieces in team building.

Depending on the pieces around someone, raising the floor could move a team from a lottery team to a team that is now an annual First Round Exit.

But again, that is assuming it is that one player that is in fact the sole/main reason the team has increased their success.

I like the concept but as with most things, there is no true way to even measure IT.
Simmons = Floor raiser
Embiid = Ceiling raiser

Floor raisers would be like Russ and (prime) Wall
Ceiling raisers would be like Kyrie and Lowry

Simmons = Floor raiser
Embiid = Ceiling raiser

How do you come to that conclusion when they essentially started their career the same year? (Embiid only playing however few games he did the previous year).

How do you separate/determine what gave you indigestion? The chili peppers you had with your lunch or the glass of milk you drank this morning?

Floor raisers would be like Russ and (prime) Wall
Ceiling raisers would be like Kyrie and Lowry

But again, it depends on what else is around them.

Russ and Wall being added to a team that needs that extra BOOST to get over the top into becoming a contender would be viewed as ceiling raisers in that instance.

Another example of someone in the Kyrie/Lowry tier: Kemba on the Hornets was a Floor raiser. TEam was trash either way but he probably made them not AS sorry as they could be.

Watching ja last night :smokin
I can’t imagine him staying In Memphis

Using BIG FISH BIG FISH approach.

Right now, MEM isn't a very good team but Ja being there makes them better. He is raising the floor.

Now if there were other significantly talented players on that team, he wouldn't still be considered as a floor raiser.

How do you come to that conclusion when they essentially started their career the same year? (Embiid only playing however few games he did the previous year).

How do you separate/determine what gave you indigestion? The chili peppers you had with your lunch or the glass of milk you drank this morning?
Simmons, good player who when playing can carry a team to the playoffs. Doesn’t have that 2nd gear/killer instinct/aggressiveness we all wish he would have. That alone raises the floor of your team. Good but not great

Embiid. Good enough player to also carry your team to the playoffs. Has a 2nd gear that when he gets to it, no one can touch him/arguable best player in the world. Can take over a game. Raisers the ceiling via potential to go off at any given time

It really isn’t a hard concept

I don’t know what ur talking about
That kid is nice
Scores at will
Using BIG FISH BIG FISH approach.

Right now, MEM isn't a very good team but Ja being there makes them better. He is raising the floor.

Now if there were other significantly talented players on that team, he wouldn't still be considered as a floor raiser.

Simmons, good player who when playing can carry a team to the playoffs. Doesn’t have that 2nd gear/killer instinct/aggressiveness we all wish he would have. That alone raises the floor of your team. Good but not great

Embiid. Good enough player to also carry your team to the playoffs. Has a 2nd gear that when he gets to it, no one can touch him/arguable best player in the world. Can take over a game. Raisers the ceiling via potential to go off at any given time

A player is only as good as his team around him.

But again, it depends on what else is around them.

Russ and Wall being added to a team that needs that extra BOOST to get over the top into becoming a contender would be viewed as ceiling raisers in that instance.

Another example of someone in the Kyrie/Lowry tier: Kemba on the Hornets was a Floor raiser. TEam was trash either way but he probably made them not AS sorry as they could be.
Damn lol
What if I put it this way:
Floor raisers - high usage guys capable of leading their team to moderate success (playoffs atleast) regardless of what’s around them (to a certain extent obviously)
Ceiling raisers - guys that impact winning in a positive way but can’t necessarily “carry” a team (think Draymond and Klay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom