⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
So John Wallace and Samaki Walker are the only guys in this pic who did not have at least good NBA careers. Everyone else was good to HOF level.

And even Samaki played for almost a decade and won multiple rings.

Crazy.
1996-NBA-Draft-Class-1024x640.jpg

Aint no one care about this stuff. They just want to get rich quick.

I tell people to open up 401ks and Roth IRA. Find a mutual fund with a rate of >12% over 50+ years of history. Max out the 401 and IRA till you're 65. Chances are, you'll probably have $3-4mm (non-taxable) when it's time to retire.

But no one wants to do it the hard way.

Can't stress the 401K move enough. Been maxing mine out to employer contributions limits since I was an intern after sophomore year and due to the market timing and the investment strategy I took, that joint is JUMPING right now.

Pretty much the same, just do that buy ETFs, call it a day. Unless you're in the weeds on this stuff, that's the way.

Buy some single names around
it if your really feel like you want to, but recognize that 9/10 times you're gonna lose to the ETFs over the long term.

The fact that I can't be in the weeds is why I don't get in crypto. Also, while I do 100% recommend ETFs, personally, I actually get down with single names but only in industries that I personally or professionally have in-depth knowledge about. Even then a lot of diligence goes into it but over the years, it's proved to be worth it :smokin

Pretty much the same, just do that buy ETFs, call it a day. Unless you're in the weeds on this stuff, that's the way.

Buy some single names around it if your really feel like you want to, but recognize that 9/10 times you're gonna lose to the ETFs over the long term.

Its not really passive, and the vol of Bitcoin is pretty much immeasurable.
granite if you get in NOW, but if you got in at the price of a value meal back during the Bitcoin is used to buy drugs and other contrabands off Silk Roads era, then it playing between 57k and 60k everyday doesn't matter.

Justin Jackson still out here. The Thunder waived him because he was, at times, playing better than they expected or wanted him to. Allegedly, he was a hot name around the deadline and Presti blew a chance to add to his stock of draft assets

They’ve got some intriguing talent already.

Saying he blew it is a slight exaggeration I think.

I just mean Presti would have loved to take back a 2nd rd pick for him, no idea why he didn't trade him then just cut him a few days later unless people wanted Muscala too and he sees Rappin' Mike as part of the future

Can't stress the 401K move enough. Been maxing mine out to employer contributions limits since I was an intern after sophomore year and due to the market timing and the investment strategy I took, that joint is JUMPING right now.

The fact that I can't be in the weeds is why I don't get in crypto. Also, while I do 100% recommend ETFs, personally, I actually get down with single names but only in industries that I personally or professionally have in-depth knowledge about. Even then a lot of diligence goes into it but over the years, it's proved to be worth it :smokin
I am big on single names for what its worth. My 401k is all indexed but in my Roth and taxable account.. All single names. Making those types of bets is fun and I am heavily concentrated in a few names, logic being that it hit a few ten baggers then I am already at a good number. But its definitely not the play I would recommend to people broadly.

ETFs are SOLID as well. Them SPDR joints kick :lol:

Plus low fees. Its not spoken enough about how big of a detractor to returns fees are. hence why my 401k is all index. If I am not going to get autonomy to pick what I want, I might as well pay close to nothing for it.

granite if you get in NOW, but if you got in at the price of a value meal back during the Bitcoin is used to buy drugs and other contrabands off Silk Roads era, then it playing between 57k and 60k everyday doesn't matter.
Surprised there isnt a movie a drug dealer who gets locked up only to realize when he gets out in a couple of years hes filthy rich due to his drug transactions on bitcoin

Feel like this is going to be common place at least for this season

Feel like this is going to be common place at least for this season

provided these vaccines do what they're supposed to, i think it's a relatively fair plan, though a segment of our society will always be left behind. if the numbers continue on pace for vaccinations, i think we very well might be seeing over 65% capacity for playoffs and/or the finals

Bruh, bitcoin high was like $15 in 2012. If you had $2,000 worth then, you had ~133 bitcoins. It's ~$57 ,707 now. So that $2,000 in 2012 would be $7,694,XXX now. And you don't believe in it? What else could you have done, legal or illegal, to get that kind of return
I definitely had enough to put 2k on bitcoin in 2012.

#feelsbadman

provided these vaccines do what they're supposed to, i think it's a relatively fair plan, though a segment of our society will always be left behind. if the numbers continue on pace for vaccinations, i think we very well might be seeing over 65% capacity for playoffs and/or the finals

As of two days ago, about 20% of Americans are fully vaccinated with 35% having at least one dose; and that's including a "slow" start to the rollout back in January-February.

We're doing almost 3M shots per day now. If we're not at 65%+ capacity in stadiums & arenas by May-June then something went terribly wrong.

Surprised there isnt a movie a drug dealer who gets locked up only to realize when he gets out in a couple of years hes filthy rich due to his drug transactions on bitcoin
Kind of what happened to the founder of Silk Roads, Ross Ulbricht. He got double life though with no option for parole and multiple appeals unsuccessful.. For some reason they thought Trump would pardon him. The FBI seized 144,000 bitcoins from what they believed to be his wallet. The value of that is now 8.3B's

Silk_Road_Case_Sentencing_Disparity_Ross_Ulbricht_Latest.png

The Thunder had already sent out correspondence to season ticket holders not to expect to be in arena this year at all. We're at stage 4 (everybody) in vaccinations out here so perhaps that can change

As of two days ago, about 20% of Americans are fully vaccinated with 35% having at least one dose; and that's including a "slow" start to the rollout back in January-February.

We're doing almost 3M shots per day now. If we're not at 65%+ capacity in stadiums & arenas by May-June then something went terribly wrong.
Idk I’m cool with having personal space. People legit nasty and will go back to being nasty :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom