🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

Agassi will be playing Brugeura who Andre beat for the gold medal in 96 in Atlanta. The match will take place in Atlanta at the BB&T Atlanta Open. Tickets on sale www.bbtatlantaopen.com

Happy Birthday Andre! May have to wear one of his old Polo shirts to work today. :smile:

That's awesome that he's playing Sergi!! I have all his matches from Atlanta on VHS. I fondly remember Andre almost got defaulted out of the tourney for language during an earlier round.

That's awesome that he's playing Sergi!! I have all his matches from Atlanta on VHS. I fondly remember Andre almost got defaulted out of the tourney for language during an earlier round.
Digitize them to DVD and send them to us! 
nthat.gif

does anybody know if the lavas from this year are in any way shape or form different from the retro before that?
From the photos, the perforations look more pronounced, but that could just be the photos.  I didn't bother with them because how different can it be from 2014?

Digitize them to DVD and send them to us! :nthat:

Hey Sinner, easier said than done, lol. It's at my folks place. And that isn't the only match I got. I got TONS of Agassi's matches. I have Wimbledon 92, US Open 94, Aussie 95 etc!! My favorite is the 99 French when he got the career Slam. Plus many other middle round matches from not only majors but from the Lipton, Cincinnati, RCA Championships, etc. Whenever ESPN or NBC, or whoever had an Agassi match airing, I taped it. I may have 100 matches, not too sure. :nthat:

And don't get me started on MJ's career. I got hundreds of Bulls games plus all the Championships and playoff wins too. It's what I did when I was younger (I'm 39 now). Loved taping all the matches. :smile:

Last edited:
Hey Sinner, easier said than done, lol. It's at my folks place. And that isn't the only match I got. I got TONS of Agassi's matches. I have Wimbledon 92, US Open 94, Aussie 95 etc!! My favorite is the 99 French when he got the career Slam. Plus many other middle round matches from not only majors but from the Lipton, Cincinnati, RCA Championships, etc. Whenever ESPN or NBC, or whoever had an Agassi match airing, I taped it. I may have 100 matches, not too sure. :nthat:

And don't get me started on MJ's career. I got hundreds of Bulls games plus all the Championships and playoff wins too. It's what I did when I was younger (I'm 39 now). Loved taping all the matches. :smile:

Wow! I'm 37 and that story is pure nostalgia. Really brought me back to the VCR days. Even some of the commercials you probably have on tape are gems!

I recorded just about every Agassi match that was televised iand of course I saw tons of them in person over his 21 year career. I have to convert the videos from vhs. It sucks they didn't broadcast in hd back then.

Last edited:
Hey Sinner, easier said than done, lol. It's at my folks place. And that isn't the only match I got. I got TONS of Agassi's matches. I have Wimbledon 92, US Open 94, Aussie 95 etc!! My favorite is the 99 French when he got the career Slam. Plus many other middle round matches from not only majors but from the Lipton, Cincinnati, RCA Championships, etc. Whenever ESPN or NBC, or whoever had an Agassi match airing, I taped it. I may have 100 matches, not too sure.
nthat.gif

And don't get me started on MJ's career. I got hundreds of Bulls games plus all the Championships and playoff wins too. It's what I did when I was younger (I'm 39 now). Loved taping all the matches.
smile.gif
Haha, I know that feeling... I had a bunch of tapes that needed converting too.  Luckily, I had a DVD/HDD recorder which made life a lot easier.  Along with my own tapes, I've also acquired a lot of his old matches from web-acquaintances over the years.  Between all of us combined in here, I think we have a pretty healthy archive of Andre's matches!

Just saw a sale at n these I think...was the leather on the '16s better? I'm sure this is somewhere in here so just state the page # if it's easier...
I prefer the 16, I think it is an all around better shoe. Yea the leather is synthetic on both but it is slightly better on the 16. More importantly the difference in padding is like night and day throughout the collar and tongue. The 16 is noticeably more padded than the 08, which was noticeably more padded than the 14. Finally, the "lava" color is uniform on the splatter and the swoosh, unlike the previous retros. Much better all around shoe the the 14. No comparison. Arguably better than the 08, which was satisfactory for most. Pretty sure anyone that's worn them all would back me up.

Back
Top Bottom