🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

It always stood for his rookie year if you ask me but haven't heard of that theory. And Bollettierri Academy was sponsored by Nike back then so whether he had a contract or not, I only remember seeing him wear Nike.

Deffo only NIKE. 1986 was probably something generic. Mac was still testing proto AT1's then after all, before Andre got them too in '87.

Says 1988 on ESPN.com and here's a pic of Agassi in 1987 not sure what he's wearing View media item 2030581View media item 2030583

It's a Nike shirt, probably from the Mcenroe line as he had checkerboard Nike shirts. Before the 88 US Open both Agassi and Mcenroe were in a meeting with Nike and they offered the denim shorts on the tableto Mcenroe was like what is this crap? Andre scooped them up and the rest is history.

Last edited:
Yea but the 86 had to signify something. I'm still sticking with his rookie year :D

I agree with it being for his rookie year. I meant about what shoes he would have wore in 1986. The Bollettieri Acadamy was definitely under NIKE then, so he probably wore whatever multiple pairs had been sent across. We're probably talking about a Wimbledon/McEnroe/AC/Whatever variant I'd imagine. Was Mac still rocking Mac Attack in 1986? I strongly doubt Academy players would have been given those for free. A signature shoe wouldn't have been given to an unsigned kid back then.

Last edited:
It's likely '88. Unless the card was printed EXTREMELY close to the release of the Windrunner, which would also had to have had a VERY short manufacturing run.

Last edited:
I agree with it being for his rookie year. I meant about what shoes he would have wore in 1986. The Bollettieri Acadamy was definitely under NIKE then, so he probably wore whatever multiple pairs had been sent across. We're probably talking about a Wimbledon/McEnroe/AC/Whatever variant I'd imagine. Was Mac still rocking Mac Attack in 1986? I strongly doubt Academy players would have been given those for free. A signature shoe wouldn't have been given to an unsigned kid back then.

With the Academy being sponsored by Nike all it could take is Nick getting him stuff for free or he could have just bought it with all of the bets he was placing to beat other players when he used that money to travel back to Vegas :D I was at the Academy in 92 and fortunately it was still sponsored by Nike at that point.

With the Academy being sponsored by Nike all it could take is Nick getting him stuff for free or he could have just bought it with all of the bets he was placing to beat other players when he used that money to travel back to Vegas :D I was at the Academy in 92 and fortunately it was still sponsored by Nike at that point.

That's crazy. What did you have access to in 1992? Takedown models I'd guess?

That's crazy. What did you have access to in 1992? Takedown models I'd guess?

I was in a group right below Nick's kids but I didn't see anyone get any free shoes and gear. But if Nick is coaching you I would think they would hook you up with whatever you wanted. I remember a pro shop and you could also buy some Bollettierri t-shirts and jackets. They put up some Wimbledon 92 Champion banners that summer on campus, it was very cool.

Last edited:
I was in a group right below Nick's kids but I didn't see anyone get any free shoes and gear. But if Nick is coaching you I would think they would hook you up with whatever you wanted. I remember a pro shop and you could also buy some Bollettierri t-shirts and jackets. They put up some Wimbledon 92 Champion banners that summer on the site, it was very cool.

Damn. That's SO incredible that I've even FB'd you about it yo!

Reppage too. :wink:

I'm having fun in here. The big announcement is adding to it I guess.

Would the "Ginger" be a welcomed announcement? Jaja. I KNOW it would, but if I can get a whole bunch of you telling me yes, I may be able to lean on some people and get it done.

Would the "Ginger" be a welcomed announcement? Jaja. I KNOW it would, but if I can get a whole bunch of you telling me yes, I may be able to lean on some people and get it done.

Just need that release date and or month! It sucks that the first release date that we've seen isn't until July 20th.

Last edited:

I'm sure @SinnerP  would love an announcement that refers to that pair as "Gingers".  It's his favorite reference, as evidenced by multiple AA memes throughout the thread.  What's the official colorway called?

I would open arms to any original color way on the 3s or 4s. Im partial to green though. Love love love this thread you guys. I look forward to it every day.

@SinnerP and myself call them "Ginger" because of the original advertisement. For me the weakest of the three OG's, but still I'd welcome a retro.

nerd.gif

I'm sure @SinnerP  would love an announcement that refers to that pair as "Gingers".  It's his favorite reference, as evidenced by multiple AA memes throughout the thread.  What's the official colorway called?
laugh.gif

#TeamClearTurquoiseMarina 
@SinnerP and myself call them "Ginger" because of the original advertisement. For me the weakest of the three OG's, but still I'd welcome a retro.
laugh.gif
 Speak for yourself!  #TeamNotGinger 
laugh.gif

26386979374_f0364fd5c9_z.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom