🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

I don't even need big numbers...

This thread is scrutinised to the max.

"Ginger" please marketing team. See how they'd sell?

Last edited:
Obvs not OG, but would love to see a pair with the black-blocking, but in this blue.  Wanted this colorway back in the day.  Still want it now.

26924340401_c08bbc49e7_o.jpg

Last edited:
J0e my expectations are through the roof. Can't wait for the IV's!

Not too psyched for the Wimbledon 3's if it's all white 3's.

For me the "Hot Lime" III is INSANE. However, the reason being that BITD the GS was INFINITELY better than the MENS. It is a rare occasion that the GS is better than the MENS, but you can also include the OG GS Air Max III "Hyvent Orange" in that group. It sat upon a modified Air Max '87/1 sole unit.

Reactions: ARK
J0e my expectations are through the roof. Can't wait for the IV's!

Not too psyched for the Wimbledon 3's if it's all white 3's.

Dude, the "Wimbledon" III was only manufactured in four pairs. Literally NOBODY, but the man himself has ever worn them. That is why for me it is an ABSOLUTE must purchase. There aren't even sample pairs outside of the photo production unit. It is SUCH a special shoe.

Last edited:
Dude, the "Wimbledon" III was only manufactured in four pairs. Literally NOBODY, but the man himself has ever worn them. That is why for me it is an ABSOLUTE must purchase. There aren't even sample pairs outside of the photo production unit. It is SUCH a special shoe.
I can't wait for that white 3! I remember waiting to find out what he was going to wear. The reports coming in what was Andre going to do for Wimbledon? Boom all white. Never hit the market. Why we will never know. I can't wait to get them this time!

Last edited:

Obvs not OG, but would love to see a pair with the black-blocking, but in this blue.  Wanted this colorway back in the day.  Still want it now.

26924340401_c08bbc49e7_o.jpg

What color way IV was this? I don't recall this blue.

For me the "Hot Lime" III is INSANE. However, the reason being that BITD the GS was INFINITELY better than the MENS. It is a rare occasion that the GS is better than the MENS, but you can also include the OG GS Air Max III "Hyvent Orange" in that group. It sat upon a modified Air Max '87/1 sole unit.
My favorite. Hot Lime 3. I was the only one rocking them in high school. Such a proud moment walking around the halls in them. So many memories. I bought the matching shirt and headband and took tennis lessons during that summer.

Says 1988 on ESPN.com and here's a pic of Agassi in 1987 not sure what he's wearing
[/quote][quote="KB24strikesagain, post: 25794107"]

It's a Nike shirt, probably from the Mcenroe line as he had checkerboard Nike shirts. Before the 88 US Open both Agassi and Mcenroe were in a meeting with Nike and they offered the denim shorts on the tableto Mcenroe was like what is this crap? Andre scooped them up and the rest is history.[/quote]
You're right, it's a nike shirt from the McEnroe line

The shoes in 1987 were the Air Trainer

I think @J0e Musashi needs to do like a 5 episode podcast with all this history & insider knowlwdge

I didn't know this.

Let me see if that explanation to the wife will go down as easily...haha

I agree with it being for his rookie year. I meant about what shoes he would have wore in 1986. The Bollettieri Acadamy was definitely under NIKE then, so he probably wore whatever multiple pairs had been sent across. We're probably talking about a Wimbledon/McEnroe/AC/Whatever variant I'd imagine. Was Mac still rocking Mac Attack in 1986? I strongly doubt Academy players would have been given those for free. A signature shoe wouldn't have been given to an unsigned kid back then.
A pic from 1986 with the All England Wimbledon

Back
Top Bottom