🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

If-you-think-this-has-a-happy-ending-you-havent-been-paying-attention.jpg

The “cult classics” wont sit and numbers seem to be low. Hopefully if/when they do 3s and 4s numbers will be up

Near full size run for these cult classics still.
No rhyme or reason with Nike… or maybe same low numbers but with way less demand actually.

1725658213565.png

What's part of the cult collection
Nike air 180 ultra marines were most recent. Same with them, sold out in seconds- whats the point Nike ? Bots mainly get them. Why make a couple thousand pairs when demand is high. It a real weird and **** marketing strategy. Create hype, People really want them but most can’t get them, some pay resale- Nike losing out on easy sales instead.

I get that they need a certain amount of hype in general. If everything is always available the appeal is greatly weakened. But limiting these in this way, well, someone didn't do the right math. Someone else suggested they underestimated the demand. Lavas have always "sat" for a period and not generally hard to get for those who wanted them.

I can actually respect if this was a miscalc. If it was a proactive strategy with this known outcome, yeah, they're amateur marketers. Could have made more money while maintaining the hype appeal.

Ultramarines really never resurfaced after release, so not looking to hopeful for these either. Only hope is resellers feel the squeeze on their cash flow and seek to move pairs. I feel like unlike Jordans or other collabs, people's willingness to pay resell will diminish over time, not increase. i.e. This is the highest price they'll get for those who don't care about getting ripped off or just not patient to wait it out.

Reactions: 907
Its to create the cycles of hype and lost demand. When demand isn’t fulfilled from the last release, anticipation or hype builds up for the next release in a couple of years. And some people miss out. The cycle repeats every release every couple of years.

And there must be big wigs who aren’t paying much attention to the size of the demand of the group that really want these classics. They probably want to keep the image of these classics to be somewhat special and limited.

But in general demand for some things does play a big role. It is an important factor besides price & quantity.

They will go ahead and make a larger amount of Jordan retros because they probably will count on that more than smaller amounts of quick strikes and “cult classics”.

If they do mass produce the “cult classics” either expect reduced quality and slightly high retail prices. Or if they do produce some more classics with slightly improved quality, expect a higher retail price.

They really attempted to make these 2024 lavas look better than the last retroes, shape wise, but added the unnecessary yellowing. I guess, for the shape, people wanted these, and it was a limited qs.

Last edited:
Finally got my pair and my biggest thing is I think I need a half size down smh. I’ve owned these 3x’s and clays 2x’s and always in an 11. Not trying to rebuy at 300+

Evey time I get lucky with hype on SNKRS, I end up needing size swap :smh:

I sold a few other sneakers and just said screw it and copped a pre-verified pair on GOAT.

Size 14 wasn't cheap but I'm not missing out on these. If they pull a Mac Attack and release again...cool, I'll double up.

Reactions: ejb
jumpmanst jumpmanst

Since he took the box out and all maybe he’d be kind enough to stop by and give us some up close pics, for old time NT sake…IF he even still checks NT that is…

Some decent pics here though…

Wow, jumpmanst jumpmanst is an OG name I haven't heard in a minute! According to his profile he hasn't been here since 2021.

Is one of these IG accounts his?

Near full size run for these cult classics still.
No rhyme or reason with Nike… or maybe same low numbers but with way less demand actually.

1725658213565.png

Yeah but what the hell are these? These shouldn't be in the cult classic category. Of course these would sit. :lol:

I sold a few other sneakers and just said screw it and copped a pre-verified pair on GOAT.

Size 14 wasn't cheap but I'm not missing out on these. If they pull a Mac Attack and release again...cool, I'll double up.
Let me know if you want a pair of Mac Attack OG colorway. I recently got mine for $57 after tax, 30% clearance and extra 10% for my birthday month. I can get you a pair for $64 after tax and the 30% off. I saw one size 14 and 15 with no backstock left. Just DM

Back
Top Bottom