🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Nole completed his career slam yesterday and, more impressively, became the first man to hold all 4 slam titles (on 3 different surfaces) since The Rocket!

But this is an Agassi thread!  On this day 17 years ago, Agassi completed his career golden slam!

^ can't put my finger on what the exact cause is but Djokavic is one of my most hated players of all time.

State of American tennis is so bad... Hard to believe it's arguably been 15 years since an American was relevant.

Nole completed his career slam yesterday and, more impressively, became the first man to hold all 4 slam titles (on 3 different surfaces) since The Rocket!

But this is an Agassi thread!  On this day 17 years ago, Agassi completed his career golden slam!

Thanks for posting that Sinner. Brought back memories watching that live. Gosh was I nervous during that match!!!

And I LOVED those Zoom Beyonds! Had 2 pairs of that colorway that I played into the ground! The best shoe I ever played in of his line :pimp: I so badly want them to retro in time!

Last edited:
http://www.shelflife.co.za/products/Nike-Air-Tech-Challenge-III-Metallic-Silver

air-tech-challenge-iii-749957-005---side.jpg

air-tech-challenge-iii-749957-005---back.jpg

air-tech-challenge-iii-749957-005----close-up.jpg

air-tech-challenge-iii-749957-005---front.jpg

7210c3f06594a19fbf08483aa663284d.jpg

Reactions: ARK
^ can't put my finger on what the exact cause is but Djokavic is one of my most hated players of all time.
Lol... "most hated players of all time" is a pretty bold statement!

I'm the opposite.  I didn't like the guy before when he was screwing around and when he had all those 'physical' issues, but he's gotten his act together over the years and improved various aspects of his game massively.  While I don't consider myself a #NoleFam (I guess I can say I like Rafa and Muzz just as much), I do have a tremendous amount of respect for him now.  The guy made a lot of changes to his life to be one of the best... can't knock that.  

I have friends who feel the same way, but we just don't feel the same type of 'fandom' for the players now as we did for the players of past generations.  I started watching in the late 80's/90's, so that's the group of players I'll connect with.  

Last edited:
He has grown up since then. This is a typical pattern for tennis pros over their careers - even andre. McEnroe might be the exception.

Anyway djokovics game has also advanced drastically over the years, as has his fitness. Whether or not you like him as a person, his skill and dedication are undeniable.

Yall are just anxious cause he's coming for feds record.

Mann, get this Nocack Djokodick **** outta here, are we picking up these silvers right away or doing our usual disco dance!? (Shelf Life South Africa is a "Tier Zero" Nike account)  and lets talk about that French Open trophy inspiration. 

Not buying into that tier zero nonsense again. Clearly they will be more limited though. They did the same with with some of the Slam II's.

Last edited:
and here's all you need to know about the trophy

La Coupe des Mousquetaires (English: The Musketeers' Trophy) is the trophy  awarded to the winner of the Men's Singles  competition at the French Open.

The trophy was created in its current form in 1981, after Philippe Chatrier, then president of the Fédération Française de Tennis  (FFT), offered jewellers in Paris  the opportunity to redesign it.[sup][1][/sup]  It is supposed to symbolise the victories of four famous French tennis players, who together make up the "Four Musketeers" : Jacques Brugnon, Jean Borotra, Henri Cochet  and René Lacoste.

The design eventually chosen was that of the family jeweller Mellerio. The trophy has a wide aperture, bordered with vine leaves and decorated with two swan-shaped handles.

The trophy is housed in the office of the president of the FFT, and is only removed once every year when the Men's Singles winner at the French open is announced. The winner does not get to keep the actual trophy; a new replica  is produced every year.[sup][1][/sup]  The replica, which is always slightly smaller than the original, is made from a sheet of solid silver, and takes over one hundred hours to complete.[sup][1][/sup]

The trophy weighs around 14 kg, is 21 cm high and 19 cm wide.[sup][1][/sup]

The female equivalent of La Coupe des Mousquetaires, awarded to the winner of the Women's Singles  competition, is the Coupe Suzanne Lenglen.

TBH, I'm fine with not getting that PE cuz it's just the full-herringbone outsole... the herringbone AT1 outsole, of course... but from Nike's perspective, it'd make no sense to release a version that not that many people knew about.

I'm easily pleased... just gimme some logo'd tees.

27506141265_94d8fdc98c.jpg

27229501400_c85a999f3e.jpg

TBH, I'm fine with not getting that PE cuz it's just the full-herringbone outsole... the herringbone AT1 outsole, of course... but from Nike's perspective, it'd make no sense to release a version that not that many people knew about.

27506141265_94d8fdc98c.jpg

27229501400_c85a999f3e.jpg
Yeah Sinner where did you find those. I can open and edit vector files.

Yea I'm not going to be upset the pe won't release but the voltage purple retro was not done properly sorry :smh:

Back
Top Bottom