💒 Married At First Sight 👰: S17 Denver 10/18/23 PREMIERE! HERE WE GO AGAIN!

How poorly will the "experts" do by the end of decision day?

• 0/5 - Truly the worst match making season ever!

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 1/5 - Worse than usual but not a surprise

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • 2/5 - Just about right (not counting divorces after decision day)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 3/5 - The best they've done in years!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5 - Like Curry from 3, start of a couple matching streak?

• 5/5! - Unbelievable! Inconceivable! Real life?! Are they being paid to stay married now? Reunion tho

• Total voters
Just peeped the first episode. These James Allen placements :lol:

I believe Justin is putting on. Like he trying to hard to be someone he’s not. Like he’s Gods gift to women. I wanna see how this “ex fiancé” looks like….

7748C7FD-B96D-4DAC-B56A-1E958BACCB25.jpeg

Finally watched the entire episode from this week. Maybe I'm cynical at this point, but the weddings are just corny to me at this point. Everyone is so excited (and rightfully so), but we all know what's about to happen after the "wedding". My early thoughts...

Bold Bol/Alexis...I don't see this working out. I can see him getting on her nerves a lot. Once the excitement over his height goes away, I think it will be rocky after that. She was way too excited about him having a dog....then we got the reveal of clay vagina molds...Her saying a few times that she was proposed to 3 times but said no...wassup with that? lol
Chance of survival = 0

Captain Planet (Mitch)/Krysten....Nope, not gonna happen. First of all, I think Mitch gotta come home and shave his hair and just be bald and go with the villain look. He just might be the villain after all. Krysten talmbout a man in his late 30s/early 40s and not being in a relationship is a red flag...understandable, but you can't put everyone in one box and expect it to fit. She needs to change her expectations. As for her...idk maybe her judgment barometer is broken. She essentially got engaged to a couch surfer lol. Then found out he wasn't right after 5 years and planning a destination wedding? We need more backstory on that.
Chance of survival = 0

Lindy/Miguel....She talks too much. That's it. Her upbringing was interesting, idk how that's going to play out with this marriage though. She said she wanted a man that will stand up/speak up/defend her in public and then tell her his feelings...uh...those seem to be polar opposite traits, gotta be happy with either one and try to work out the other. She is probably going to be disappointed with Miguel....with an interesting hat lol. Smart dude. I like how he said he judiciously picks his battles...but will that be to Lindy's liking? Who knows? I do know that borderline LARPing might get on her nerves, but that doesn't mean that homie ain't a full adult. He kinda reminds me of Derek from the DC cast with having that diverse imaginative side, she might not be able to get past that though.
Chance of survival = 0

Binh/Samurai Jack (Morgan)....Binh seems like a good dude, his frugality might be a problem in the marriage, but it's too early to tell. Morgan...idk she seems a bit all over the place for me. I just remember listening to her talk and it just sounded like adults on Charlie Brown. I don't think she's ready to be married, she just needed sum'n to do, and the show found her. Good luck lol.
Chance of survival = 0

Stacia/Hustle Man (Nate) AKA Team Nougat.....I need more context to Stacia and her mom's relationship. Not knowing who her biological dad is at this point in her life raises questions for me. Did she ask her mom? Was it a problem? Idk. She did mention a stepdad, and that's cool but that biological dad mention raises some concern for me. Another concern is her emancipation. I need more on that. That is a process in itself and I wonder how that has affected her relationship with her mom. Just something that caught my ear. She seems to be motivated by material things by being successful, and her mentioning not having things as a kid and seeing things she wanted on tv as motivation...its fine if it works for her, but how will that factor in being in a marriage. She already started off talking crazy when trying on the wedding dress. Might as well have married the mirror. As for Hustle Man...idk. Something seems a bit off about him to me, but I could be wrong. Selling fake Louis bags at the barbershop and having "Metro Police call me" had me rolling. Nah man, you don't get a call from the police, they threatened to arrest yo *** selling reps at the shop. You ain't fooling nobody fam lol. Idk if Stacia will respect his type of hustle, but who knows? Anyone yelling they a boss like Meek Mill I tend to not believe, it's so unbecoming, but we'll see how it plays out.
Chance of survival = 0

Funny how last season outside of Alyssa and Chris, all the couples stayed married

And today only one couple remained married

So 1/5

Funny how last season outside of Alyssa and Chris, all the couples stayed married

And today only one couple remained married

So 1/5
I'm thinking there's an even more secret clause for couples that say yes should stay married for a certain time before they divorce/announce it

Damn with friends like these :smh: Its like the producers know they picked the wrong ppl who are not ready or bad matches and then prime the friends to deliver all of the dirt and red flags :lol:

They straight up foreshadowing failure with what they saying.

This bald dude a bratty lil *****. Crying about how low his beard was cut? I see no difference. Fam acting like he was a member of ZZ Top.

Not telling your father whom you want to walk you down the line you're getting married to a stranger until the day of the marriage seems like pure self sabotage to me. There's no point to it other than to shock the parent while everyone else knows.

Like unless she's the crazy spontaneous type who does stuff like this is don't see how the father is cool with it unless he's real laid back and is willing to marry his daughter off too many dude.

That one couple's marriage postponement sucks. Thought they were dragging things but its legit. They do get a while other ep of another wedding episode out of it though. Really sucks they'll get a shortened honeymoon too.

Seems every season now there'd some hitch with at least one couple and not all 5 matches make ot through the honeymoon.

Yo yo! I have been slacking so I haven’t watched any content from this new season or read any posts but I think it is time that I crack open this new season. I have a question, though….should I watch any of the episodes pre-premiere to get a feel for the characters this season? Or can I hop right into the premiere and be fine?

Yo yo! I have been slacking so I haven’t watched any content from this new season or read any posts but I think it is time that I crack open this new season. I have a question, though….should I watch any of the episodes pre-premiere to get a feel for the characters this season? Or can I hop right into the premiere and be fine?
Premiere date is fine.

A lot of those pre-eps are filler that are more focused on the ppl judging the matches. You’ll get a peak in to their personalities but not a lot and out of context.

Finally caught up with the first few episodes and I definitely have some thoughts.

1. The James Allen ring product placement is over the top. They must have dropped the bag on MAFS

2. Why isn't the wedding venue near the water? Isn't that the whole point of having the ceremonies in a scenic, warm weather place like San Diego?

Nate and Stacia look like they are dead on arrival. She seems super picky and has a girl boss persona and they're trying to make Nate out to be some fake hustler. Both come across is superficial to me

It's funny that Lindy asked for a grown man who knows what he wants and she got placed with a guy who plays dungeons & dragons 🤣🤦🏿‍♂️

Out of all the couples I think Natea nd Alexa might work

I was really liking Mitchell's personality until his freak out while getting his haircut before the wedding. Kristen seems like she's the type who wants a financially secure guy which is the opposite of Mitchell

I like Binh and Morgan but I feel like him being cheap might ruin the whole thing lol. I know he lives in San Diego and never gets crazy hot but how do you never use AC? 🤣

My early prediction is that the end up going one for five

We used to enjoy this show but it’s become more of a chore to watch it than something we actually like. They are casting uglier couples with worse compatibility to the point it feels intentional. Even worse, they are stretching that hell out of all the content - had to delete it off the DVR because of all the filler content they put out.

Part of it is because the Old Lady is only invested in the black couples but we started Put a Ring On It and it’s a much easier watch

We used to enjoy this show but it’s become more of a chore to watch it than something we actually like. They are casting uglier couples with worse compatibility to the point it feels intentional. Even worse, they are stretching that hell out of all the content - had to delete it off the DVR because of all the filler content they put out.

Part of it is because the Old Lady is only invested in the black couples but we started Put a Ring On It and it’s a much easier watch

I agree with a lot of your points. Although my wife and I still enjoy watching the show, it's changed a lot, and not for the better. As the show's gotten more popular the episodes have gotten longer. They went from three couples with 1 hour episodes, to four couples with 90 minute episodes and now we have five couples with 2-hour episodes every week. The first episode of this season was 3 hours and it took my wife and I three separate sittings to get through it. It was definitely a chore.

Plus now they are dragging out the content. We have three episodes before the actual season starts, two separate to hour reunions and a "where are they now?" wrap up at the end. Last season was literally 6 months start to finish (started in December 2021 and ended in May 2022).

Also, this show is getting popular enough that I believe some of the cast members are going on the show solely to get famous and Don't genuinely want to have a real marriage. A similar thing happened to the bachelor/bachelorette franchise. Now The bachelor contestants are literally just 25-year-old Instagram models and influencers.

Back
Top Bottom