🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

Feel like I wasted 3 hours of my life watching the game on Sunday. Self-inflicted wounds. First drive looked like 2017, we were jamming the ball down Cleveland's throat. Miles fumble killed us. Carson's pick six, just ugly. Under constant pressure all day. 5 sacks for the Browns and that's without Myles. Had Vernon looking like the prime 2013 Miami version of himself.

Whoosah:
giphy.gif

Feel like I wasted 3 hours of my life watching the game on Sunday. Self-inflicted wounds. First drive looked like 2017, we were jamming the ball down Cleveland's throat. Miles fumble killed us. Carson's pick six, just ugly. Under constant pressure all day. 5 sacks for the Browns and that's without Myles. Had Vernon looking like the prime 2013 Miami version of himself.

Whoosah:
giphy.gif

A record like 3-6-1 resonates in the mind of players no matter what they say. When you're 3-3 or 4-2 or whatever solid record, when there's that point in the game where the ball doesn't bounce your way, you believe the power is still in your hands to take the game back and win. But when you're 3-6-1 and you have a game changing drive or turnover, your confidence is gone. You go out and try to make a play but in the back of your mind, you're thinking "oh god here we go again...."

I'm pretty sure Dan Orlovsky is an NTer bc he started ripping the coaching as soon as we did :lol:
Wentz apologist aside, he’s right. It’s something I mentioned prior when talking about how bad everything is.

It looks bad in real time but you can tell they (Wentz/WRs) aren’t on the same page.

Wentz apologist aside, he’s right. It’s something I mentioned prior when talking about how bad everything is.

It looks bad in real time but you can tell they (Wentz/WRs) aren’t on the same page.

Or that you NEVER have a WR open one on one for a deep shot. I said this before; I've never seen any team go an entire game without at LEAST one play where a WR is on an island with a DB and no help. You gotta scheme guys open. You can't just think oh he's fast. He'll figure it out

I couldn’t watch the game Sunday, so I watched some recaps of the game, thank god I didn’t sit down to watch.

Lets go back in time and see when we fired a Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator mid season. Last time we fired a head coach was Chip Kelly, and the last time we fired a DC was Juan Castillo. Other than that, no coaching moves have been made in season, it all happened in the off season. So it’s fair to say that we’re stuck with what we have until the end.

Doug was the OC the year the Chiefs went an entire season without a WR catching a TD

None of this is a coincidence..he doesn’t know how to utilize his WRs.. and to a lesser extent he doesn’t know how to effectively scheme a passing game

When we make seattles D looks like the 12th man D of yesteryears against us should be incentive enough for Lurie to make changes

When we make seattles D looks like the 12th man D of yesteryears against us should be incentive enough for Lurie to make changes

Lurie was willing to banish Howie 5 years ago which means he knows he has problems ..that SB bought him a couple of years. He’s gone

Ether all these bums into the sun lol hell Carson too but I also want to see him with a competent OC again. That could be the issue, he look fine with Mike ****in Groh as OC and now has fallen off a cliff when we don’t have one

Now that I’m thinking about it more, we’ve had dudes running wide open the last 2 years with Groh as OC but morher****ers kept dropping passes. Now all of sudden with no OC, all we have is isolation routes with rookies and 2nd year players.

Just look at Wentz last year v this year. Sure he fumbled but he wasn’t forcing passes as much outside of the Pats/Seattle games. Now all of a sudden, no one is running wide open and everything is basically forced because dudes can’t separate that great or don’t sit down in zones. I hate it here

More so play design than play calls. If we had designed plays to scheme dudes open, we’d have a lot less issues

Less issues than 18-19 with Groh smh problem then was Carson fumbling and dudes dropping wide open tuddies

Back
Top Bottom