🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

Same Ppl writing off reagor were saying give JJAW more time ITT
DtDQPg2.png

Now Ill say he hasnt shown as much as I would have hoped he does have tools. JJAW had nothing. No promise whatsoever
No ones “writing” off Reagor. I think he’ll be a fine player. We’re just trying to be objective about this season. Yeah he’s a rookie. He’s shown signs of potentially great play and signs of concern. This league has been spoiled the last 2-3 years with great rookie WRs. The injury and poor QB play didnt help. But there needs to be a balance on the other side as well. He was drafted in the first round to be a playmaker and aside from the punt return TD, we haven’t really seen that.

and I just don’t buy the bad offense excuse personally. Jefferson wouldn’t be putting up the same numbers as he would in Minnesota obviously but I’m sure his numbers would be better than Reagors. And it’s not just numbers, it’s the eye test. Jefferson is the more polished, NFL ready receiver right now. And as much as people don’t want to admit it, Jefferson has done enough to where that Reagor is going to have to prove that he was the right pick. Because no one can convince me on 12/28/20 that we shouldn’t have chosen Jefferson.

but that’s in the past. Reagor is our guy (until we get a true WR1)

I'm not writing Reagor off. I just haven't seen anything yet to be like yup that's why he got drafted FIRST round. If he went late 2nd or 3rd round I'd be like aight I see some potential for him. But as a first round pick, idc if Kevin Kolb is at QB. You can't have like 2 eye popping catches all season. Even Quez had a better highlight TD play than Jalen.
Bingo. Reagor has had drops, moments where he should have laid out, bad decision making.
The potential is OBVIOUSLY there. The play making potential is OBVIOUSLY there. Im just not sure that warrants a first round pick and only time will tell

If my math is correct, we spent 6 draft picks on WRs since 2017. And decent chance we spend more this year. And we still don’t have our franchise WR besides maybe Reagor.

The thing is that Jefferson is blowing Reagors stats out the water. In 10 games Jalen hasn't even broken 400 yards receiving. In 10 games Jefferson would have 845 based on game average. Jefferson's best game was 11 catches, 166 yards, 2 TDs. Jalens best game is 8 catches 49 yards. Can't say QB or Doug's garbage play calling is the only reason he's struggled.

Fair enough. I wanted reagor but seeing lamb go 2 picks ahead really hurt
Lamb, Claypool, Jefferson. All those dudes straight balling right now

reagors time will come, hopefully. I think next year we’re gonna start seeing him just straight up body folks. DJ Moore style

The thing is that Jefferson is blowing Reagors stats out the water. In 10 games Jalen hasn't even broken 400 yards receiving. In 10 games Jefferson would have 845 based on game average. Jefferson's best game was 11 catches, 166 yards, 2 TDs. Jalens best game is 8 catches 49 yards. Can't say QB or Doug's garbage play calling is the only reason he's struggled.
I tried looking for Reagor highlights on YouTube. All that’s really there is his college highlights :lol: meanwhile, Jefferson has montages from single games

I tried looking for Reagor highlights on YouTube. All that’s really there is his college highlights :lol: meanwhile, Jefferson has montages from single games

yeah I haven't given up on Reagor at all. I just don't think we can say player A is better than player B after a full season based off potential. RIGHT NOW on December 28, 2020 based off film and stats, Jefferson is better than Reagor. Simple as that.

Jefferson has pretty much already reached Reagor's potential. I'm still hopeful for Reagor next year though. Limited offseason, injuries, QB/coaching situations have been tough to overcome.

That Jefferson game would be the most receiving yards by far by any WR here in the last 5 years I’m pretty sure. Yes Jefferson is better but this system is not tailored for WRs

Even in 17 it took how many weeks for a WR to hit 100 yards ? Remember how we spent the last 3 season praying for a deep threat ? Nelly is averaging 17 yards a catch this year :lol:

Doug is clueless

That Jefferson game would be the most receiving yards by far by any WR here in the last 5 years I’m pretty sure. Yes Jefferson is better but this system is not tailored for WRs

Even in 17 it took how many weeks for a WR to hit 100 yards ? Remember how we spent the last 3 season praying for a deep threat ? Nelly is averaging 17 yards a catch this year :lol:

Doug is clueless

I agree the coaching and trash play calling has a lot to do with Reagor's performance but he's supposed to be a home run guy. If he finishes each game with 80 yards but 60 of those yards came off one deep play each game then cool. But DJacc's old washed *** came in off one good ankle and caught a deep TD because he created separation. Reagor has the athletic ability to do that every game yet he goes WEEKS between game breaking plays.

Honest question. Wanna hear your thoughts since I respect your football knowledge. Can this team really justify back to back first round picks on a WR. I really think that Chase would complement Reagor nicely. But there are so many other needs this team has. Especially since we went pretty heavy on WR last year (Reagor, Goodwin, Hightower, Watkins)
Yes. Reagor and Watkins the only 2 locks for next season. Goodwin hasn’t played in 2 years, Hightower is Shelton Gibson with a blowout, Ward is a bum and Doug hates Fulgham

Alshon and DeSean gone and JJAW about to be TE2 behind Goedert. We need WRs and it’s time to stop ******* around and get the guy.

From FredEx over Ocho and Reggie, not trading for Anquan or Larry Fitz (yes we could’ve gotten Fitz in 08 for the 2nd we used to get DeSean), not moving up for Cooks and taking JMatt (still love the guy), JJAW over Donkey Kong, taking the QB over the WRs. I’m sick of this

I agree the coaching and trash play calling has a lot to do with Reagor's performance but he's supposed to be a home run guy. If he finishes each game with 80 yards but 60 of those yards came off one deep play each game then cool. But DJacc's old washed *** came in off one good ankle and caught a deep TD because he created separation. Reagor has the athletic ability to do that every game yet he goes WEEKS between game breaking plays.
That’s on Doug. I don’t recall Reagor actually going deep on a go route since Week 1 where Carson barely missed him while taking a shot. He’s been running most outs and curls until Hurts came in and we realized he’s better at screens than Ward

Reagor has Tier1 straight line speed yet nothing we do maximizes that

I'm cool going WR first round but then you better do a phenomenal job drafting a starting caliber DB and LB in the second and third round. You can't have that terrible defense long term or it won't matter who's at WR

Is Reagor not “the guy”? If not, then what is he and why did we spend a first round pic on him

I mean you play at least 2 WRs at a time.. 3 a hell of a lot of the time

Even if reagor develops and becomes a big part of the offense, we still need another guy

Yeah we def need a WR at some point in the draft. If you go DB/LB first round then you gotta grab WR second round. Ertz was a big part of this offense when the team was low on WR and he's most likely gone next year. Even tho dude has been a disappointment this season, the defense still has to account for him when it's 2 tight end sets. If he's gone and it's Goedert and whatever other TE we're gonna need to make up for that threat downfield.

I feel like Devonta Smith opposite of Reagor would be nice. If Howie is still drafting it won’t even matter tho.

I’m disappointed in the way reagor’s rookie season has played out, but again, easy to look back and say who we should’ve picked. Jefferson would look good in any offense IMO, he’s a tough cover regardless. But to think he’d be this dominant? Nobody saw this coming.

Back
Top Bottom