🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

Again I don’t understand how it got this bad.

Even if you take away 2017 Wentz was jus 27-7 last season. Ertz is only 2 years removed from breaking TE records

Again I don’t understand how it got this bad.

Even if you take away 2017 Wentz was jus 27-7 last season. Ertz is only 2 years removed from breaking TE records

Ertz is self inflicted lol. But it reminds of Jenkins last year, sure he was looking kinda washed but all Jenk wanted was respect for the work he done. Wanted to retire in Philly and he could’ve potentially joined the staff.

You can tell Carson definitely wants out and none of us can blame him. If Fletch comes out and requests a trade AND Lurie still doesn’t do anything I’m changing teams

Seeing Wentz and Ertz out there an hour after the game was over, just reflecting, it really sucks to see. It’s crazy how bad it got, and how fast it happened. Wentz leaving/requesting a trade doesn’t make me sad, I totally get it. I’m more sad that Ertz might not be an Eagle next year. Dude was there through it all. Granted some of the stuff he’s said about the contract extension was self inflicted, but I would love to see him back. We were so lucky to have Celek and then Ertz.

Howie sounds like he's about to cry lol
1609775437060.png

Not trying to gloat by any means because I still gotta live with it as well.

but it will never make sense to me to not draft Jefferson as your WR1 and draft the z receiver in the later rounds or address in free agency. Speedy guys are a dime a dozen in the league. It was something we needed but WR1 was a bigger need

and here we are ready to spend another 1st round pick on a receiver. The decision was pretty simple then and it’s even clearer now.

and Again, I love Reagor despite all my jokes. Dude is a ******* freak and I sincerely believe he will be a problem in this league. I think with better QB play, he would have had a very productive year. Yeah he might not be the most polished route runner but the things he does well, he does very very well for a rookie (open field, moving in space, being physical)

but Justin Jefferson just oozes star potential. And he should have been the pick. And no one can convince me otherwise

I mean I’d rather have just Lamb or Juedy than nJalen Squared but I feel you
Lamb was the move and we’ll never know what really went on during draft day, despite reports. Can’t force teams to trade for you when they know what you need and you have no leverage

i assumed ceedee and jeudy were going top 10

but given how active we've been about moving up, hard for me to believe they were in on ceedee which i dont get

JJAW never made sense to me because it seemed like they were just trying to recreate alshon without looking at how the pieces fit.. it's why moving on from jordan matthews always made sense with ertz

i get what they wanted in reagor, i just dont get why we didnt use him more creatively

ceedee, like with chase, would have great in the X role.. but i could also see how mims who was available would also have been good in the role

i also look at jefferson as a movement Z, but reagor was supposed be the top of kind

also since we're here.. given how limited the route tree is we run with certain guys anyways, not sure why we didnt want DK when we could have let him run the torrey package who clearly wasnt great laterally

Lamb was the move and we’ll never know what really went on during draft day, despite reports. Can’t force teams to trade for you when they know what you need and you have no leverage
At some point, we gotta stop being cute and get what we need. If moving up would’ve cost us Hurts and Wallace, make the damn trade

i assumed ceedee and jeudy were going top 10

but given how active we've been about moving up, hard for me to believe they were in on ceedee which i dont get

JJAW never made sense to me because it seemed like they were just trying to recreate alshon without looking at how the pieces fit.. it's why moving on from jordan matthews always made sense with ertz

i get what they wanted in reagor, i just dont get why we didnt use him more creatively

ceedee, like with chase, would have great in the X role.. but i could also see how mims who was available would also have been good in the role

i also look at jefferson as a movement Z, but reagor was supposed be the top of kind

also since we're here.. given how limited the route tree is we run with certain guys anyways, not sure why we didnt want DK when we could have let him run the torrey package who clearly wasnt great laterally
On the DK point, because of his size they’d want him in the Alshon role but since DK had the lateral stiffness of a traffic cone, he wasn’t the ideal “plug n play” guy even tho he’s the far greater player

Even with JMATT, yea he played the slot but the team wanted him there, could he have played outside, yes (see 2018) but the team is stubborn and wants certain guys in certain roles. JJAW was only trained to be behind Alshon and nowhere else so when everyone else goes down, you can’t move him

Also on the JMatt JJets comparison, it actually holds up still. I still think Jefferson is a faster JMatt but since we only used him outside for 8 games, we’d never know what JMatt could’ve been if always outside

Back
Top Bottom