🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

Say what you want about Fletch but he rides with his squad. The fact he's close with Wentz and still has Doug's back really makes me think the "fractured relationship" reports are all clickbait. I feel Doug and Carson have a solid relationship and the Hurts decision came from Howie or Lurie

More on idiots fans being mad at the tank:

-we need WR/CB/LB. take a look at any mock draft. Decent chance Smith/Chase/Surtain/Parsons are gone by 9
-if we really wanna go WR, decent chance that Smith and Chase go to Miami and Cincy and the 6th pick alone might not even be enough

The outrage from this loss is unreal :lol:

"You wanna breed a winning culture. It's a bad look to lose like that."
oh wow really? Because the 10 of 15 games we lost prior to yesterday were reflective of winning football? The team was garbage every game except maybe the Saints game and the first half of week 1. They didn't deserve any pride after this season. If you're flexin bc you beat the WFT and finish with 5 wins idc if you wanna leave the franchise.

On the DK point, because of his size they’d want him in the Alshon role but since DK had the lateral stiffness of a traffic cone, he wasn’t the ideal “plug n play” guy even tho he’s the far greater player

Even with JMATT, yea he played the slot but the team wanted him there, could he have played outside, yes (see 2018) but the team is stubborn and wants certain guys in certain roles. JJAW was only trained to be behind Alshon and nowhere else so when everyone else goes down, you can’t move him

but they viewed JJAW as the alshon guy.. and i get that, in theory IF we didnt just extend alshon

but we just had the season with mike wallace missing all those games.. and then traded for desean for him to miss a ton of games

but considering we been trying replace what torrey gave us, would think we could easily look at DK with his speed as a bigger torrey

but jmatt made zero sense as long as we had ertz

Right but I also think JMatt outside was never tried until 2018 for 8 games and it was solid. That’s why I can understand not wanting Jefferson because he was “only a slot” like 2014-2016 JMatt but then he goes outside and it’s on a different level

Similar to Agholor being a bum outside because they wanted him to be maclin 2.0 but he’s more effective inside on short quick area stuff

this is all frustrating lol

Man Howie is an idiot , I’m really hoping and praying that we actually stay out and get Jamar chase .

Tanking in week 17 should not be frowned upon lol. Dudes had the other 15 weeks to "play with pride" and try to win some games. And for the fools on NYG who are pissed, you can't be upset relying on another man because you couldn't take care of your own and handle your business. Take the L and keep it pushing. The flex into primetime really put a microscope on this game, had it been played in the afternoon, nobody would've cared.

Devonta probably won't play in the senior bowl right? There is a possibility this coaching staff will be there....

Right but I also think JMatt outside was never tried until 2018 for 8 games and it was solid. That’s why I can understand not wanting Jefferson because he was “only a slot” like 2014-2016 JMatt but then he goes outside and it’s on a different level

my thing with the WRs, we knew that alshon (X) AND desean (Z) were max here for another year

to me, we were looking for X and Z spots.. and ideally we would be able to sheldon/lito the situation

clearly now i see how wrong i was about jefferson.. but i still think jefferson is that movement Z guy and not really a X

looking back, we shoulda gone jefferson and let him be the movement Z with mims as the X.. then use a straight speed guy from the slot spot when in 11

but now i wonder how the pieces would fit if we got devonta, because i would use devonta as a movement Z (and then use reagor as the speed from the slot i guess).. whereas chase is my dream X even moreso than ceedee was last year

This dude is a clown , I don’t want y’all to post his takes on here anymore . His bum *** went 0-16 but feels like he has a say so cause he’s an analyst

He was only useful in defending Carson in Philly. Now that Carson is out, we have no use for him

my thing with the WRs, we knew that alshon (X) AND desean (Z) were max here for another year

to me, we were looking for X and Z spots.. and ideally we would be able to sheldon/lito the situation

clearly now i see how wrong i was about jefferson.. but i still think jefferson is that movement Z guy and not really a X

looking back, we shoulda gone jefferson and let him be the movement Z with mims as the X.. then use a straight speed guy from the slot spot when in 11

but now i wonder how the pieces would fit if we got devonta, because i would use devonta as a movement Z (and then use reagor as the speed from the slot i guess).. whereas chase is my dream X even moreso than ceedee was last year
More I think about it and the more film I watch, I think I’m agreeing with you on chase>smith. Smith is really small and chase creates better separation than I remember. Chase is also a really really smart player for being so young

The only scenario where Miami doesn’t take Chase is them trading down

Cinci is going OL

We gotta hope whoever the 3rd QB is rises during the draft

The only scenario where Miami doesn’t take Chase is them trading down

Cinci is going OL

We gotta hope whoever the 3rd QB is rises during the draft

well Tua has that connection with Smith, so let’s hope that’s enough for them to draft Smith .
My thing is hopefully we don’t pass on chase for a damn OL or DL , CB . Take the best player available

Devonta probably won't play in the senior bowl right? There is a possibility this coaching staff will be there....

yea i dont think he goes, but who knows.. didnt realize toney was a senior too, i hope he goes too if we are the coaching staff

also dazz newsome and marlon williams

Yea I’m out on Pitts

i like him but as long as Doug is here i don’t trust him to use him in nothing but 12 personnel. We need to be more dynamic

Yea I’m out on Pitts

i like him but as long as Doug is here i don’t trust him to use him in nothing but 12 personnel. We need to be more dynamic

just give him the ertz role.. and then i'd try to get toney or rondale moore in the 2nd

pitts pretty much a WR.. so i surround pitts and goedert around pure speed

Back
Top Bottom