🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

wonder what the price would even be for dude.. also if we're drafting a QB, want no parts

but if the trade is cheap and we arent drafting a QB high, then sure.. but i'd see how much the panthers are willing to eat on teddy

No way they'd sign Mariota to draft a QB. They'd essentially be stating Hurts is not even 2nd string material with that move.

Fine with Mariotta as the backup to Hurts if we don’t draft a QB. Kempski believes Matt Barkley will be the vet Philly brings in.

My current board in terms of who will realistically be available:

1) Chase
2) Fields
3) Pitts

I'm with it if they trade back with 6. No chance I'm taking WR first and second round with our picks as is. Would make no sense

I'm with it if they trade back with 6. No chance I'm taking WR first and second round.

I got zero problem with it, if that’s how things shake out

and I still think reags can be good.. but we need multiple guys

just don’t want them to force things.. Or pass on guys

i just disagree. Too many liabilities at CB and LB. yeah we don’t have the strongest WR corps but can’t continue to pour high draft capital two years in a row. At a certain point you have to take your medicine and at least take a stab at developing both Reagor and Fulgham

but I also agree. If that’s how things happen, no sense in reaching for a CB and LB if one of those WRs are there

Last edited:
I mean I’d assume if we took 2 WRs early, we would be playing a ton of 3 or even 4 WRs

but for example if toney is there in the 2nd after we took chase at 6, id be all over taking him because we have his college OC on staff

but depends on who is where.. just want us to take the top rated guy and figure out shh later

cause for m I figure next season is a growth year.. and then we can be back to being good and having expectations after we see what we got, since we’ll have extra picks and money for ‘22

I mean I’d assume if we took 2 WRs early, we would be playing a ton of 3 or even 4 WRs

but for example if toney is there in the 2nd after we took chase at 6, id be all over taking him because we have his college OC on staff

but depends on who is where.. just want us to take the top rated guy and figure out shh later

cause for m I figure next season is a growth year.. and then we can be back to being good and having expectations after we see what we got, since we’ll have extra picks and money for ‘22
I feel you. We got the big 4 recievers and after that it's pretty much Toney, Moore, Bateman. Who you liking the best? I like Bateman, especially if we go QB at 6. Getting Fields/Lance and then one of Moore/Bateman/Waddle (if he slips)/Toney would be a huge win for the Eagles. Huge.

My thinking is we have one year left of Slay before he either regresses completely or we cut/trade him. We need a true, franchise CB1. We've been bleeding at that position for years and it's cost us games. Even moreso than lack of WR production imo.

But I don’t want too much pressure on guys to come in and produce right away.. I hope they do

but I’m open couple aspects that would hopefully have guys in backup roles earlier on

like even if we do get chase, I don’t want to just force him at the X.. fulgham played well at X.. and chase is a beast on slot routes

but we just need talent.. like I would love to get like Alex leatherwood later and let him develop behind main guys

I feel you. We got the big 4 recievers and after that it's pretty much Toney, Moore, Bateman. Who you liking the best? I like Bateman, especially if we go QB at 6. Getting Fields/Lance and then one of Moore/Bateman/Waddle (if he slips)/Toney would be a huge win for the Eagles. Huge.

My thinking is we have one year left of Slay before he either regresses completely or we cut/trade him. We need a true, franchise CB1. We've been bleeding at that position for years and it's cost us games. Even moreso than lack of WR production imo.

all depends how things shake out draft wise.. there are bunch of guys I like

like bateman reminds me of Allen Robinson.. but there are couple guys I’d like as 2 or 3 WRs, like I wouldn’t want moore as our top WR pick but if fulgham and reags develop him being that 3rd guy would be huge.. same with toney.. or moore

Praying he makes it to the second round. Dude is a straight up playmaker. Great greagvtackler. Interested to see how he does in man and press coverage

He should be there and if we’re going run a lot of cover 2 would be huge

but I think he might be there backend of the 2Nd, so having multiple 3rds could be huge

The Athletic story surrounding BG restructuring deal
Brandon Graham turns 33 next month. He has been in Philadelphia since 2010 — long enough to be considered a first-round bust and a Super Bowl hero, to be on the trade block and the cutting block and to twice re-sign with the team. Graham has developed a fondness for the Philadelphia metropolitan area, which he now considers his home. He also has a ticking clock on his career while the Eagles are entering a rebuilding period.

There’s little question that Graham wants to live in Philadelphia. He also made clear he still wants to work in Philadelphia.

“I don’t want to go anywhere,” Graham said by FaceTime on Tuesday. “I know I don’t have long, but I know for me, I’m here in Philly. So when I’m (retired, I’m) either going to be working here or doing something in Philly to stay connected to the team. I don’t want to mess that up by just dipping out when things got a little tough. But who knows how it’s gonna go this year? Jalen (Hurts) might go in there and rock our world and lead this team down a road that I feel we could (go).”

Graham spoke while promoting the “Brandon Graham x Philabundance” sweepstakes to support Philabundance, which is the Philadelphia region’s largest hunger-relief organization. Fans can enter to win a signed, authentic No. 55 Eagles jersey, chat with Graham on Zoom or play against him in the “Madden” video game. Graham viewed it as a fun way to “raise money for a good cause” and to generate fan interaction. It’s also another example of his connection to Philadelphia and how he’s determined to use his platform to help his adopted home. This isn’t just a place where he plays football. The cause is personal because Philadelphia has become personal.

“I’m just excited that I call Philly my home now,” Graham said.

That could also become a conundrum for a veteran on a four-win team. It would be defensible if a soon-to-be 33-year-old Pro Bowl defensive end looked at an organization that just traded its franchise quarterback — and whose owner admitted is entering a “transition” period with the roster — and wanted to spend his twilight seasons rushing the passer for a team with better odds to play into January.

That is not the way Graham thinks. Yes, his affection for Philadelphia and the franchise is sincere, but one must also acknowledge that Graham possesses optimism in abundance. This is someone who said before the 2015 season that his goal was two sacks per game even though he had only 17 sacks in his career to that point (and such a pace would have shattered the NFL record). He catalogs anyone who picks against the Eagles in a given game — and famously razzes them if the Eagles win. He keeps video of his famous strip-sack of Tom Brady in Super Bowl 52 on his phone to watch if he ever needs a boost.

So you can understand if Graham isn’t viewing the 2021 Eagles like they’re the 2014 76ers.

“I still think that we’re gonna be competitive,” Graham said. “No down years. We might not get exactly who we think we should get, but you can make it work with a team that’s a team.”

He looks at the Eagles’ 4-11-1 season and points to a roster decimated by injuries. He wonders how the offense will perform with guard Brandon Brooks (zero games in 2020), tackle Lane Johnson (seven games in 2020) and guard Isaac Seumalo (nine games in 2020) back in the lineup. And yes, he imagines them blocking for Hurts.

After the Eagles traded Carson Wentz, Hurts became the frontrunner to start in 2021. It’s not a foregone conclusion. The Eagles could still draft a quarterback with the No. 6 pick. Yet Graham was not shy about endorsing the emerging second-year quarterback.

“I do think Jalen can play,” Graham said. “The preparation just knowing in your head that you’re the guy, it definitely brings out a different beast in you. So hopefully that’s the case, then he’d be the guy. And so he can go into this offseason, knowing, ‘OK, here’s my shot. Let me go ahead and take full advantage.’”

Graham thought the Wentz trade “was good for both parties.” He lamented seeing the abrupt ending of the coach-quarterback combination that helped bring Philadelphia a Super Bowl, but Graham pointed out that he has experienced much in this league and isn’t often surprised. Graham has played for four head coaches (including an interim), five defensive coordinators (including an interim) and seven position coaches (including an interim), so he’s well versed in the NFL’s revolving door.

Of course, it’s different when it’s a franchise quarterback. Few could have imagined when Wentz was drafted that Graham would outlast him in the Eagles locker room. But Graham thinks this move will be beneficial for Wentz.

“Philly is a tough market and tough place to play in, and so when things weren’t going right, I know it was … probably tough on him and his family to have to live through that,” Graham said. “So it’s a breath of fresh air for all of us.”

Graham, though, is not one looking for fresher air. He has lived through the criticism that comes when a high-profile player underperforms. He has also basked in the adulation of a high-profile player reaching the pinnacle.

The Eagles seem further from the Super Bowl with each passing transaction, despite Graham’s outlook. Graham has no hopes of falling on the “out” side of the ledger. He counts $17.9 million against the salary cap in 2021. The Eagles could open needed space by giving Graham a contract extension. They could also trade him after June 1 to save money. But Graham has planted his roots in Philadelphia, and he’s not looking to leave.

“I want to see it through,” Graham said. “I’d hate to leave and then next thing you know, bam, you’re back in the (Super Bowl), and it’s like ‘Dang!’ So I’m gonna stay. I’m gonna stay dedicated to the team as always and hopefully they ride with me until the wheels fall off.”

Back
Top Bottom