🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

Based off last weeks showing this winnable imo. Would not be suprised if we lost but I feel like we due

Definitely winnable but knowing us we lose those games or look hella mid but show up the games we supposed to get washed in

- League sources said Thursday that, after Sunday’s blowout loss to the Chiefs, Eagles rookie coach Nick Sirianni blistered his defensive coaching staff in meetings early this week. He targeted rookie coordinator Jonathan Gannon in particular. Sirianni is frustrated at Gannon’s toothless, amorphous scheme; Gannon’s timid calls; and Gannon’s poor utilization of star players like defensive tackle Fletcher Cox and Darius Slay. “It was some tough conversations in the defensive room this morning,” Sirianni said Monday. This, according to the sources, was an understatement. Sirianni was mad. But it sounds like Gannon didn’t get the message. Gannon’s defense hasn’t defended much of anything in three weeks (the 49ers didn’t score much because quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo was awful). Still, on Tuesday, Gannon insisted Cox is playing fine; but this is demonstrably untrue, partially due to how Gannon uses him. Gannon also said that, for the moment, he won’t put a sixth defensive back on the field, even if a dynamo like Tyreek Hill might go virtually uncovered, which is essentially what happened on the Chiefs’ second touchdown Sunday.

But I don’t know what the refs really expect ward to do

ain’t like dude started blocking or something.. hell could argue the DB stopped him from running the out route

It feels like any time the receiver initiates contact and the ball is thrown that direction they’re gonna throw a flag. I’m not even bothering calling that play anymore if I’m the coach

Back
Top Bottom