🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

Yeah this is Howie’s mess, kill that key contributor noise Cox didn’t do **** of note last season (partly Gannon’s fault). And the playoff run stuff is tired, we were one and done in an awful division. Getting there just to get booted quick really didn’t do much but mess up our draft position. Wiser roster decisions could have been made to help flexibility

This all but guarantees at least one d lineman in round 1, a mediocre receiver in free agency and lord knows who to play safety and corner lol. Holes starting to look real big
We were going D line in the first round regardless of this. As we should have. It’s our organizational philosophy to build in the trenches and our line is getting very old very quick.

Spending on a reciever would have been a terrible move. The history of receivers on their second and third contracts in this league are not great.

I agree that safety should have been addressed. And it still may but we completely missed the boat.

We were never spending big on corners, either in free agency or draft. There’s a reason howie traded for all those corners last year.

You can’t address every need. Every team will always have needs year in and year out. We need blue chip, foundational talent. Period.

Yeah this is Howie’s mess, kill that key contributor noise Cox didn’t do **** of note last season (partly Gannon’s fault). And the playoff run stuff is tired, we were one and done in an awful division. Getting there just to get booted quick really didn’t do much but mess up our draft position. Wiser roster decisions could have been made to help flexibility

This all but guarantees at least one d lineman in round 1, a mediocre receiver in free agency and lord knows who to play safety and corner lol. Holes starting to look real big

It’s bigger than that ..you know it was pressure to make the playoffs after 2020 regardless of an awful division and schedule. And this is Howie we talking about ..if a deal was there to be had you know dude would’ve taken it. I’m pretty sure we’ve made more trades than an other teams over his tenure

Y’all complaining about picking up another pick when y’all have no faith in the dude making the picks in the first place :lol:

I agree. All im saying is, we could’ve traded him during the season. We didn’t and of course have zero leverage now

It’s bigger than that ..you know it was pressure to make the playoffs after 2020 regardless of an awful division and schedule. And this is Howie we talking about ..if a deal was there to be had you know dude would’ve taken it. I’m pretty sure we’ve made more trades than an other teams over his tenure

Y’all complaining about picking up another pick when y’all have no faith in the dude making the picks in the first place :lol:
Picking up a pick for a different GM lol

Howie had a TERRIBLE 2019 and 2020 which we still are paying for to this day. It’s very possible that come next year we won’t have a single player from the 2019 draft still on the team which is unforgivable. Shareef Miller and Clayton Thornson :sick:

Maybe because I live in DC and have seen the ineptitude of a franchise first hand in WFT that I’m not that mad at dude.. I’m also a Wizards fans so i know it can be much much worse :lol:

Howie had a TERRIBLE 2019 and 2020 which we still are paying for to this day. It’s very possible that come next year we won’t have a single player from the 2019 draft still on the team which is unforgivable. Shareef Miller and Clayton Thornson :sick:

Maybe because I live in DC and have seen the ineptitude of a franchise first hand in WFT that I’m not that mad at dude.. I’m also a Wizards fans so i know it can be much much worse :lol:
Add in 2017 too lol

Or we can just let him walk and use the money on more pressing things. I can’t see him taking anyless than 8 mil to come hackt

I don’t have a problem with it.. I assume he didn’t break the bank

doesnt stop us from drafting a guy.. doesn’t stop that guy from starting right away if he earns it

I don’t have a problem with it.. I assume he didn’t break the bank

doesnt stop us from drafting a guy.. doesn’t stop that guy from starting right away if he earns it
Good move. We really really shouldn’t be overspending in FA. Especially given our draft capital.

It hasn’t been the sexiest free agency for us but we remain agile and we’re not necessarily in a position to be pushing our chips in, yet.

Bring back Harris and you have a serviceable vet. And you can still continue to look for your future safety

Good move. We really really shouldn’t be overspending in FA. Especially given our draft capital.

It hasn’t been the sexiest free agency for us but we remain agile and we’re not necessarily in a position to be pushing our chips in, yet.

Bring back Harris and you have a serviceable vet. And you can still continue to look for your future safety

i'm with you. get a couple guys who are capable of plugging holes in free agency and then draft for talent not need. just because we couldn't get Marcus Williams is no reason to freak out and overpay some other guy.

Back
Top Bottom