🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

You’re surprised?? Dude is getting paid best money on the team and has hardly played like it the last two seasons.

Jordan Davis, come on down!!!!
We could’ve traded him but the Wizard be thinking we can finesse everything

I knew Fletch was gonna be gone. But we’ve had ample chances to trade him. You telling me we couldn’t trade him at all?

I knew Fletch was gonna be gone. But we’ve had ample chances to trade him. You telling me we couldn’t trade him at all?
It’s been reported a million times by several reporters that his contract is difficult to trade.

Its either pay him way too much money, trade him or cut him. They probably tried on the trade and didn’t see much interest. This draft class is loaded with DT talent

It’s been reported a million times by several reporters that his contract is difficult to trade.

And who was the one who kept restructuring which led to this difficulty? Lol there was a trade on the table during the season and this could’ve been avoided. Telling me we couldn’t let go of both Ertz and Cox?

can’t make the same mistake we made with Alshon. Don’t keep/pay players due to past successes. He just hasn’t been very good

And who was the one who kept restructuring which led to this difficulty? Lol there was a trade on the table during the season and this could’ve been avoided. Telling me we couldn’t let go of both Ertz and Cox?
What trade? First I heard about a trade being available.

Y’all was saying 3rd or 4th for Ertz, I didn’t forget lol. Gotta cut ties with players that get paid too much and aren’t producing. It’s going to be messy but we gotta get into good cap standing for the future

can’t make the same mistake we made with Alshon. Don’t keep/pay players due to past successes. He just hasn’t been very good

I’m not saying keep him, I’m saying we could’ve traded him during the season when there were actual offers there and we passed on them. We can say Jordan Davis all we want, Ravens pick before us and they need DLine help lol

What trade? First I heard about a trade being available.

Y’all was saying 3rd or 4th for Ertz, I didn’t forget lol. Gotta cut ties with players that get paid too much and aren’t producing. It’s going to be messy but we gotta get into good cap standing for the future
Pretty sure there was a day 2 offer on the table. Never recalled which team. With Ertz we all wanted him gone to give the keys to Dallas, we just didn’t know the compensation

Yeah it’s howies fault. And now he’s undoing his mess. But the point remains the same. He stinks.

I’m not saying keep him, I’m saying we could’ve traded him during the season when there were actual offers there and we passed on them. We can say Jordan Davis all we want, Ravens pick before us and they need DLine help lol
Probably wouldn’t have been wise to trade him in the middle of the season when we were making a playoff run

Rather be a year early than a year late

One of my favorite Eagles ever but to act like his play was still worth the contract is laughable
Bingo. It should have been last off-season tbh. But here we are.

Like I said, it’s going to be messy. Alshon, Ertz, Carson, Cox.

Howie gotta trim the fat (yes, a lot of this is his fault to begin with). Rebuilds are painful but we are ahead of schedule. And howie has done an excellent job this last year

He would’ve been off the team regardless. Trading a key contributor while your in the middle of a playoff run is never going to happen ..the 3rd rounder we would’ve gotten does nothing for us in the short term

He would’ve been off the team regardless. Trading a key contributor while your in the middle of a playoff run is never going to happen ..the 3rd rounder we would’ve gotten does nothing for us in the short term
When we traded Ertz, we were not on the middle of a playoff run lol we didn’t need anything in the short term if the goal was the evaluate the young talent. Don’t be short sighted now

I’m not saying we needed to get a 1st, I’m saying we should’ve gotten off him regardless before. We can do all these visits to UGA but there’s no guarantee we picking Davis unless we trading up, we got too many holes to give up picks

It’s one thing to give up a guy a year early (like Carson) rather than years late (JP/Alshon). When you release a dude for the cap hit then talk about we gonna try to bring him back, we wasting everyone time

Yeah this is Howie’s mess, kill that key contributor noise Cox didn’t do **** of note last season (partly Gannon’s fault). And the playoff run stuff is tired, we were one and done in an awful division. Getting there just to get booted quick really didn’t do much but mess up our draft position. Wiser roster decisions could have been made to help flexibility

This all but guarantees at least one d lineman in round 1, a mediocre receiver in free agency and lord knows who to play safety and corner lol. Holes starting to look real big

When we traded Ertz, we were not on the middle of a playoff run lol we didn’t need anything in the short term if the goal was the evaluate the young talent. Don’t be short sighted now

I’m not saying we needed to get a 1st, I’m saying we should’ve gotten off him regardless before. We can do all these visits to UGA but there’s no guarantee we picking Davis unless we trading up, we got too many holes to give up picks

It’s one thing to give up a guy a year early (like Carson) rather than years late (JP/Alshon). When you release a dude for the cap hit then talk about we gonna try to bring him back, we wasting everyone time
I agree with your last point but I also refuse to believe that howie didn’t try to trade him. Eagles had zero leverage in this situation. Teams would have rather signed him outright. There’s a reason this came out at the 11th hour, howie been working the phones all week.

Back
Top Bottom