🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

Apparently we was supposed to shut them out and win by 30 ..never mind it’s a short week and we on the road

nah.. my point is we clearly are the more talented team

we didn’t run anything special on offense.. We knew they like to run cover 2, so we attacked the weaknesses in the passing game.. and probably could have run it more.. but our miscues were small and managed

i get playing zone vs Arizona.. I don’t get giving them leaving the middle of the field open

vs the lions and now tonight, I don’t get why we didn’t just run the same game plan we had for the Vikings

who is the wr on the Texans you don’t trust any of 3 cbs on an island with?

Sp
nah.. my point is we clearly are the more talented team

we didn’t run anything special on offense.. We knew they like to run cover 2, so we attacked the weaknesses in the passing game.. and probably could have run it more.. but our miscues were small and managed

i get playing zone vs Arizona.. I don’t get giving them leaving the middle of the field open

vs the lions and now tonight, I don’t get why we didn’t just run the same game plan we had for the Vikings

who is the wr on the Texans you don’t trust any of 3 cbs on an island with?

Because the Vikings can actually beat you down field ?

I get it doesn’t look pretty but if you don’t count the pick 6 vs the Jags we ain’t gave up over 17 since week 1. I just don’t get the criticism after tonite

and we gotta praise Hurts man. Dude is playing better than Carson in 17 imo ..a lot of Wentz that year was splashy plays but not consistently like this.

Hurts is beating teams in the pocket! I haven’t seen an Eagles QB this accurate and decisive in my lifetime ..prime Mcnabb , Vick , Wentz none of them have looked like this

On everything I been purposefully keeping quiet on Hurts play (for the most part). The last year receipts are plentiful and abundant.

and we gotta praise Hurts man. Dude is playing better than Carson in 17 imo ..a lot of Wentz that year was splashy plays but not consistently like this.

Hurts is beating teams in the pocket! I haven’t seen an Eagles QB this accurate and decisive in my lifetime ..prime Mcnabb , Vick , Wentz none of them have looked like this

Jalen got sacked 4 times and didn't unnecessarily scramble like Wentz would do when he got hit a few times in a game. That 4th quarter drive where Jerry Hughes chopped at the ball with the offense backed into their own end zone would 100% be a fumble for a TD if it was Wentz. Crazy that Jalen was able to hold onto that

Sp

Because the Vikings can actually beat you down field ?

I get it doesn’t look pretty but if you don’t count the pick 6 vs the Jags we ain’t gave up over 17 since week 1. I just don’t get the criticism after tonite

sooooooo Texans cant beat our CBs down field?

if they can’t, why we giving them a cushion and playing off coverage?

I’m not asking it to look pretty.. I just want it to make sense

our offenses ability to score and sustain drives puts a lot of pressure on other teams

but that doesn’t mean our defense should give offenses extra chances.. and tonight plus lions and zona are examples of that

you force mills to actually throw down field to beat you.. you force their oline to hold up.. and you force them wrs to win vs our cbs

sooooooo Texans cant beat our CBs down field?

if they can’t, why we giving them a cushion and playing off coverage?

I’m not asking it to look pretty.. I just want it to make sense

our offenses ability to score and sustain drives puts a lot of pressure on other teams

but that doesn’t mean our defense should give offenses extra chances.. and tonight plus lions and zona are examples of that

you force mills to actually throw down field to beat you.. you force their oline to hold up.. and you force them wrs to win vs our cbs

There ain’t a defense in the league who does all of that on a consistent basis. It seems like you expecting perfection imo

and we did force him to throw down field and he threw 2 picks. There o-line didn’t hold up ..we had 4 sacks

Seriously did you want a shutout tonite ? Score wise how was this supposed to be any better

Also

fletch and hargrave cant be on the field together.. fletch is the back up 3 tech or a big DE if needed

hargrave is primary 3tech., and kick BG or sweat inside on long passing downs

but we can’t have fletch playing the nose

also Dean has to get snaps if our tackling continues to be this poor

Seriously did you want a shutout tonite ? Score wise how was this supposed to be any better

i wanted them to not repeat the same sh they did in the lions game

goff was playing poorly but because we gave him free passes, he eventually got in a rhythm

and it wasn’t like we were selling out to stop swift.. it was just gannon being gannon

i get playing off when Steven Nelson had the limitations he did or other subpar guys.. but now we have 3 good CBs

if you dont fear their WRs or their QB, why you giving them free yards?

if the QB and WRs aren’t thar good and you’re struggling vs the run, why not commit more guys to that?

if we’re struggling to stop the run and we don’t have a reason to worry about their QB and WRs, why not commit to stopping that and forcing them into a passing team?

im not asking a lot.. I’m just glad our offense can pull off 18 play drives and be as versatile and take advantages of weaknesses

Jesus lmao.

I just dont think teams can beat us strictly running the ball. Our offense too good and we only give up 17 a game.

im curious to see what’s going happen in the titans and giants games.. we know their strengths at RB.. we also know their weaknesses at QB and WR

we‘ve now had 3 games that were closer than they needed to be because gannon didn’t do what I think is pretty obvious

this game, the dallas game and the lions game

zeke been under 4 yards per carry pretty much every game this season, except vs us

Jesus lmao.

I just dont think teams can beat us strictly running the ball. Our offense too good and we only give up 17 a game.

That theory will be tested against the Titans. The run defense really needs to improve drastically by that game to avoid an L. Most RBs can't beat you by themselves but if there is anyone who can, it's Derrick Henry.

That theory will be tested against the Titans. The run defense really needs to improve drastically by that game to avoid an L. Most RBs can't beat you by themselves but if there is anyone who can, it's Derrick Henry.
Henry just ran for 200+ and how much did they score.. 17. Not enough against us

im curious to see what’s going happen in the titans and giants games.. we know their strengths at RB.. we also know their weaknesses at QB and WR

we‘ve now had 3 games that were closer than they needed to be because gannon didn’t do what I think is pretty obvious

this game, the dallas game and the lions game

zeke been under 4 yards per carry pretty much every game this season, except vs us
My brother in Christ.

Thats the league though. You not going to win every game how you think you going to win it. Thats league wide. We all know its hard to win every game. Yet we doing it. And we still only giving up 17 points avg. Ill take that every time.

We have 4 divisional games remaining and those are the ones we need to win. Idc about the other ones. I'd rather go 12-5 and lose to all 5 teams that aren't in our division than to go 14-3 and lose to the Cowboys and Giants

My brother in Christ.

Thats the league though. You not going to win every game how you think you going to win it. Thats league wide. We all know its hard to win every game. Yet we doing it. And we still only giving up 17 points avg. Ill take that every time.

my concern is, what happens when the offense is functioning as well as it has.. or even worse, what if we have injuries

what happens when the special teams stupidity actually ends up hurting us

if I know a team can’t shoot but got athletes.. I’m going back the f up and clog the paint.. take away the lane and force them into shooting

if your WRs and QB don’t scare me, I’m clogging around the line of scrimmage

as I said, I need gannon to get roasted with the titans and giants coming up

I am more worried by Mailata than the run defense. He’s been borderline bad this season ..especially compared to the rest of the line

and Fletch is unplayable right now. You live with Hargrave because of the pass rushing but Fletch offers nothing

They need to extend CJGJ as soon as possible ..prices only going up

Funny that the narrative is that we've benefitted from a soft schedule but are in the top 3rd of the league in toughest schedule

1667565063533.png

Since we're letting some 8-0 grievances fly :lol:... What's DeVonta's deal this season? 5 games below 50yds. Is it scheme or is he not getting open? Our pass game is relatively low volume but with AJ feasting on stronger coverage it's a little peculiar to me that DeVonta seems like an afterthought.

Since we're letting some 8-0 grievances fly :lol:... What's DeVonta's deal this season? 5 games below 50yds. Is it scheme or is he not getting open? Our pass game is relatively low volume but with AJ feasting on stronger coverage it's a little peculiar to me that DeVonta seems like an afterthought.

offense is just keeping it simple-ish

like last night, you want to run cover 2.. we’re going attack cover 2 beaters, which played into goedert being a main target

whole offense essentially works like the zone read.. you decide you want to focus on attacking a guy or aspects of the offense, ok we’ll just attack you another way

which is my biggest issue with the defense, I know exactly how our offense would attack what they were doing last night.. run a ton and use the short passing game since the QBs are playing off

Back
Top Bottom