🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

Since we're letting some 8-0 grievances fly :lol:... What's DeVonta's deal this season? 5 games below 50yds. Is it scheme or is he not getting open? Our pass game is relatively low volume but with AJ feasting on stronger coverage it's a little peculiar to me that DeVonta seems like an afterthought.

The coaching staff finds the weakness of defenses and game plans to take advantage of that. Goedert one game, Miles another, AJ the next, etc. I feel like Hurts' progression is generally AJ first, then looks for Goedert, then looks for DeVonta next and generally those first two guys are open lol.

it’s only a matter of time until teams start to double AJ

Devonta goin get his

devonta and quez suffer the most.. but AJ and goedert are both big targets and if you’re going single cover them or put certain guys on them, you go to them.. plus they love that TE screen

I woild have felt better about the defense last night if they used it as a chance to experiment more with the front 4 and the LBs

i don’t wanna see Wallace get snaps in this situation.. I don’t believe we should need extra DBs on the field for this..

also fletch can’t hold up as the nose

so see how the jumbo package of the line looks, with fletch as a DE and also Milton

see if having BG inside with hargrave and those guys seeking the edges work

and let Dean get some snaps to see what he got now that the LB don’t have Davis protecting them up front

Im close....

jason-kelce-super-bowl-parade-speech.jpg

They said he was ______________

Last edited:
I woild have felt better about the defense last night if they used it as a chance to experiment more with the front 4 and the LBs

i don’t wanna see Wallace get snaps in this situation.. I don’t believe we should need extra DBs on the field for this..

also fletch can’t hold up as the nose

so see how the jumbo package of the line looks, with fletch as a DE and also Milton

see if having BG inside with hargrave and those guys seeking the edges work

and let Dean get some snaps to see what he got now that the LB don’t have Davis protecting them up front
Yes “rUn GaMe DoEsNt MaTtEr” but the guys we have now are more pash rushers especially inside with Hargrave

We can talk about not worrying about it but my concern is, especially without Davis, can we stop it when we need too? Gannon has never shown any intentions to adjust. Rather iron out these concerns now than it coming up when it’s too late

Yes “rUn GaMe DoEsNt MaTtEr” but the guys we have now are more pash rushers especially inside with Hargrave

We can talk about not worrying about it but my concern is, especially without Davis, can we stop it when we need too? Gannon has never shown any intentions to adjust. Rather iron out these concerns now than it coming up when it’s too late

if we cant stop the run.. we've seen several of the smarter coaches who have been more than willing to remove their QB from the equation and take what the defense is giving them

niners got to a super bowl with their QB throwing it less than 10 times multiple times in the playoffs

hoodie didnt trust mac in super cold weather and did had him throw it like 3 or 5 times

given the long clock draining drives we've had, we of all teams should be well aware of how limiting THAT can be on opposing teams and they cant afford to waste possessions.. it's like soccer or baseball, if you only have a few real opportunities and dont capitalize youre screwed

Last edited:
if we cant stop the run.. we've seen several of the smarter coaches who have been more than willing to remove their QB from the equation and take what the defense is giving them

niners got to a super bowl with their QB throwing it less than 10 times multiple times in the playoffs

hoodie didnt trust mac in super cold weather and did had him throw it like 3 or 5 times

given the long clock draining drives we've had, we of all teams should be well aware of how limiting THAT can be on opposing teams and they cant afford to waste possessions.. it's like soccer or baseball, if you only have a few real opportunities and dont capitalize youre screwed

That’s the thing. All teams are not going to be able to do that. You have a much less margin for error if you relying on the run to win you games. We all of people know that because of last year

Rely on the run. But just know that one negative play results in you having to throw on the best secondary in the league

That’s the thing. All teams are not going to be able to do that. You have a much less margin for error if you relying on the run to win you games. We all of people know that because of last year

Rely on the run. But just know that one negative play results in you having to throw on the best secondary in the league

But the only reason that didn't work for us last year is bc we played a top 3 run defense in the playoffs. If we played a lot of other teams with mediocre run defenses we would've been able to score much easier.

The mental gymnastics dudes are resorting too is hilarious :lol:

Why is facing adversity the sign of a good team ? And if it was , what was being tied at Houston ?

What was losing Lane against the league’s best pass rush ? Or needing a drive to ice it vs the lions and cardinals

They want us to face the bills and chiefs every week for the rest of the year. What a joke.

If you play in the best division in footbal (by record) then how can you say we havent played anybody. But thats what they will say . Clowns.

We got a whole other half of the season

I’m never going get worked up over the opinions of randoms.. that’s why I don’t watch get up or other similar shows

I want people I know regularly watch/folllow the team

Could actually give me an opinion I’d value

Oh no I dont really care lol. Just calling them what they are.

I just want that #1 seed

i don’t trust most people to even properly discuss football

it’s like dline play and they only discuss sacks, not factoring what guys are asked to do, scheme they’re in, if they’re consistently putting pressure on the QB and/or teams game planning around dudes

like my biggest positive take away from Thursday was hurts ball placement on those cover 2 window throws on top of making good throws when facing pressure.. We know the running is there and we know stuff will be open based on talent.. but now hurts showing he got those technical aspects down

Subte eye manipulation on the safety too.

That and hanging in there against the blitz and throwing strikes (last 2 weeks)

Occassionally leaves a clean pocket too soon but muchhh less then last year. Im ok with that.

Year 4 Hurts gon be crazy too.

Back
Top Bottom